Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186699 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #735 on: October 05, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »
A few customs:

Ben Solo - as he should have appeared in the sequels - Ben senses a strange connection through the Force with a young woman he has never met. Sharing his visions with Grand Master Skywalker, Ben and his Jedi brother-in-arms are sent on a mission to find this person and learn what to make of this powerful Force connection :

His Jedi companion, Berliss Dusaynri, a Koorivar Jedi. Berliss was found to be force sensitive as a youngster and was brought to Luke's academy for training. Luke strongly believes in the strength of partnerships and so doesn't send individual knights out on missions, there are dyads, quadrads, or a master and quadrad. This has become especially important with the discovery of a large band of dark warriors, calling themselves the Knights of Ren, who seem bent of the destruction of the Jedi. Luke usually pairs partners based on capacity to complement skills or compensate for weakenesses. Berliss is a little headstrong and very calculating, whereas Ben struggles with feelings of inadequacy and can be quite impulsive  (usually manifesting as anger). Together, Luke hopes they will balance each other out:

Recipes are pretty simple: Ben is Force 2.0 Kylo unmasked with an SA Qui-Gon Jinn body and Berliss is Passel Argente with an SA Obi-Wan body.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:54:42 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #736 on: October 05, 2020, 05:17:42 PM »
Here's a "dressed for action" Qi'ra (I finally found an appropriate head for the first adventurer Rose body):

Ryysallraa –While an adolescent, Ryysa was taken captive by Trandoshan slavers. She watched in horror as her village was burned to the ground by the Stormtroopers that accompanied the slavers, leaving every villager either dead or enslaved. She was delivered to an Imperial supply depot where her Wookiee strength was used in service to the Empire loading and unloading cargo from supply ships. One day a well-armed and organized group attacked the depot looking for supplies and Ryysa had a choice to make. Run and hide, like many of the slaves, hoping to survive the firefight, or take a stand. She unleashed her Wookiee rage and hatred of the Empire and killed three stormtroopers with her bare hands as they prepared to ambush some of the attackers. Little did she know that one of those she saved was the leader of the raid and a highly placed member of Crimson Dawn. Ryysa was offered her freedom and became a member of the criminal organization, often accompanying Qi’ra as back-up when missions look like they could get physical

Recipes:
Qi'ra:
Head = Mission to Vandor-1 four pack
Torso = Comic Pack Mara Jade
Upper arms = CW Cad Bane
Forearms = Black Series Princess Leia
Legs = Concept Starkiller (by the way, the Vallejo "Oxford Blue" is a pretty good match for the color of the Mara Jade body)

Ryysa:
Head, upper arms and (most of) legs = CW Chewie
Torso, forearms and hands = Fortnite Calamity Jane (thanks Moronarama for the idea to use a Fortnite figure!)
The Fortnite figures have a swivel joint on the leg just below the crotch. I cut the Chewie legs to attach at that joint (not at the hips) and dremeled the appropriate holes and it is a pretty darn close fit (it also gave me a touch more added height to the figure, bonus!).

And...together:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:23:55 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #737 on: October 05, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
Vancer Grey: the son of Cuy’val Dar member Donner Grey. The Grey family had a long-storied history providing honor guard for the House Kryze. Vancer lived with his father on Kamino during the training of the clones, naturally he built a friendship with one of the few non-Kaminoan children, a Jedi padawan called Jenn. When Duchess Satine was killed, a grief-stricken and angry Donner left Kamino to fight the Death Watch. Vancer learned to fight alongside his father in this conflict, but was unable to protect his father from an assassination attempt by the Imperial Super Commando Captain Hark. Though still a teen, Vancer considered it a point of honor to hunt down and kill Hark and every other Mandalorian that served as a Super Commando. Though highly successful in this pursuit, the course of vengeance threated to destroy any humanity that Vancer had. Until, that is, he encountered a Jedi in hiding, none other than his childhood friend Jenn (Starchaser). Jenn helped Vancer recapture a sense of justice rather than vengefulness and now the two work together to provide safety for refugees and justice for the oppressed.

unmasked:

S4-HND-1276 (“Sparky”) – Any galactic history buff is familiar with the Mandalorian Basilisk war droid, but very few know anything about the smaller and more nimble companion droid, the Strill class combat droid. Sparky is an ancient Strill that has belonged to the Grey family for generations. Vancer found it deactivated in a family underground bunker after the death of his father and calls it Sparky after his childhood pet strill. With the help of an outlaw tech, Sparky was reactivated (and tweaked with some modern technology). A levitating droid, Sparky is armed with four heavy blasters and two laser canons, he also has a chassis mounted grenade launcher and ion projector. He also contains a small shield generator and is able to keep pace with a Mando jet pack:

with "Sparky":

Recipes:
Vancer:
Head/helmet: Marauder head/Scorch helmet
Body = Marauders Task Force (including pouches, holster, knife)
Armor and jet pack = Jango Fett (removable armor)

"Sparky":
Body = CW Super Battle Droid
Laser cannons = cut from a Batman flyer toy I found at the thrift store
Heavy blasters = tank turrets from Dollar Tree tank set (previously metioned set by Moronorama)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:54:26 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #738 on: October 05, 2020, 09:43:04 PM »
One more for tonight - I apologize for the indoor pictures Philipp:) Soft goods are coming and I will re-shoot outdoors soon. On the sequel theme from earlier...

Ochi of Bestoon - a shadowy figure, tasked with tracking Ben Solo on behalf of the Supreme Leader of the First Order and head of the Cult of the Sith, Snoke (himself a bizarre experiment gone awry - a Kaminoan cloner spliced his DNA with that of a force sensitive human subject (Sheev Palpatine) in an attempt create a powerful force-using Kaminoan. Instead, Snoke was born. Fascinated with the Sith, but harboring a deep hatred for his human progenitor, Snoke set out to succeed where Darth Sidious had failed). Ochi is ruthless, obsessed with the Sith, and wholly dedicated to Snoke. In the field, he reports to the leader of the Knights of Ren, one Kylo Ren - unknown to almost everyone, a clone of Ben Solo twisted by the dark side teachings of Snoke.

Recipe:
Head = POTF Lobot (nose cut off and sculpted over with "Green Stuff")
Body = Sandstorm Luke
Hands = Fortnite Skull Trooper
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:17:54 PM by Starchaser »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #739 on: October 06, 2020, 01:00:56 AM »
Grey and Sparky are definitely my favorite!  ()rr

But the sequel figures you've made are a nice spin on something "we could have had."
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #740 on: October 06, 2020, 02:36:56 AM »
Wow, now thats a customs update. I like that Wookie. She is fantastic. I like how she has a feminine look. Yeah, I like that RC Mando too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2020, 12:09:05 PM »
These are great! Ochi reminds me of when they pull the mask off the android in the movie The Black Hole.  I haven't seen the movie in probably over 40 years, so I can't really say why he reminded me of that scene....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »
Grey and Sparky are definitely my favorite!  ()rr

But the sequel figures you've made are a nice spin on something "we could have had."

Thanks RC. Vancer is a character that has been rolling around in my head for a long time, but it took me awhile to figure out how to build him - enter Marauders Task Force - they are a great resource for us cusomtizers. And yeah...I can't say I'm a fan of everything about the sequels but I'm also not a "hater" I just wish they had tweaked a few things, so I'm going a slightly different direction (in my head).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:17:21 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »
Wow, now thats a customs update. I like that Wookie. She is fantastic. I like how she has a feminine look. Yeah, I like that RC Mando too.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer - I had fun with the Wookiee. It was a concept that Moronarama had that got me thinking about her - I had all the parts, I just hadn't thought about putting them together. The body is female, so that worked, but I wanted the head to have something feminine, so I thought I would add braids - using embroidery floss. It was a bit of a puzzle, but I'm pretty happy with how she turned out. I should probably do a side picture so you can see the braid that goes down her back.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2020, 01:25:01 PM »
These are great! Ochi reminds me of when they pull the mask off the android in the movie The Black Hole.  I haven't seen the movie in probably over 40 years, so I can't really say why he reminded me of that scene....

Sheesh...that's an old reference :) Now I'll have to go back and watch the movie - maybe its on Disney+? Thanks for commenting!

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »
A little bit I guess. Definitely a fuzzy memory from a long time ago....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2020, 11:11:13 PM »
A little bit I guess. Definitely a fuzzy memory from a long time ago....

Oh yeah - its those lobotomized people turned into human robots.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2020, 12:14:24 AM »
These are awesome customs, well done pal!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #749 on: October 07, 2020, 01:55:27 AM »
I agree - awesome composition of parts & colors! I like all of them. The blue on Berliss Dusaynri looks very nice. And Republic Commandos are always a fine addition to your custom collection.
Thanks for sharing the latest and also for the size-comparison!

Oh, and Lenny - protect me from Maximilian! Now I know where this IG-88 concept comes from...