Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186720 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 05, 2020, 12:15:26 PM »
Yeah, that figure will work great. Thanks for showing us what it looks like for a scale reference.

Thanks Tamer, I figure new, scale appropriate figures that add to the ranks of alien species is a good thing, right? Oh, and I forgot the Togorian Mezgraf from the Dark Times stories.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #721 on: September 05, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »
That is a cool dude, he would look great repainted. It's always good to find compatible 3.75 lines. 

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #722 on: September 08, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
I was really happy to see a company keeping the 3.75 lines alive.  I am working on a custom that uses that Man-Bat head and I think I'm going to try the Firefly head for an insect species.  I think the go especially well with the animated style SW figures.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #723 on: September 09, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »
That is a cool dude, he would look great repainted. It's always good to find compatible 3.75 lines.

Yeah, I'm always looking for straightforward way to fills out the universe, so I was pretty pleased to see Spin Master do some of the more "obscure" villains (I just can't figure out a way to fit Joker or Penguin or Batman himself into Stars Wars without claiming "crossover").

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #724 on: September 09, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »
I was really happy to see a company keeping the 3.75 lines alive.  I am working on a custom that uses that Man-Bat head and I think I'm going to try the Firefly head for an insect species.  I think the go especially well with the animated style SW figures.

The Firefly is a great character, I haven't figured out how I'm going to use him yet. I haven't seen Man-Bat in my area yet, so I'll keep you posted on that, but there's an EU bounty hunter that his head might work well for.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2020, 05:02:40 AM »
The only thing that bugs me (and this is my OCD talking) is that his toe claws aren't painted a different color than his body/flesh/fur color. That and a few weathering washes would go a long way to bringing out the sculpted details. But still a cool concept! Looking forward to more. P.S. do you like the Wolffe? I find those plastic skirts way too limiting. I don't understand why they aren't soft goods.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2020, 11:36:01 PM »
The only thing that bugs me (and this is my OCD talking) is that his toe claws aren't painted a different color than his body/flesh/fur color. That and a few weathering washes would go a long way to bringing out the sculpted details. But still a cool concept! Looking forward to more. P.S. do you like the Wolffe? I find those plastic skirts way too limiting. I don't understand why they aren't soft goods.

I do like the Wolffe a lot. I do agree that the plastic kama reduces mobility (but it does look good), soft goods would solve the problem.

Given the animated feel of the new Batman line, I'm not too critical about the paint job on Bronze Tiger. After all, we can fix it right? I'm comfortable making those kind of fixes, I am always happy to find a decently sculpted figure as that's not my strength. My bigger "I wish..." is that his mouth could close rather than be frozen in an open position.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #727 on: October 02, 2020, 02:44:40 PM »
Public Service Announcement:
Jazwares 3.75 inch Halo figures are out. I missed most of them at my local Target, but was able to pick up the Brite Captain. This figure is massive (5.5 inches tall) and only cost $9.99 US. I've uploaded pictures of the figure. I'm going to call these "true to scale" as the Master Chief figure was taller than a Star Wars character. The first series includes a Jackal Sniper, a pilot, a Marine, the Brute shown below, MC and a Spartan (white armor):

These can totally work as figures in the Star Wars universe and the pilot, in particular, has great potential for customizing  (can anyone say "SA Bodhi Rook"?). I've attached a link which shows all the figures below:

https://toynewsi.com/238-37400

I am hoping to post a few new customs by the end of the weekend.
PS - It looks like there are two-packs which include a soldier versus an alien and look to include Elites and Grunts, as there appears to be a scale version of the Mongoose and the Warthog coming.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 06:27:06 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #728 on: October 03, 2020, 01:04:50 AM »
So many cool toy lines out there! Thanks for the link. I really like the shape of his armor parts. Somehow this figure reminds me of a troll from Lord of the Rings. If I had one of these I'd probably give him a LotR repaint. Thanks for sharing all this cool stuff! Always love your outdoor pics, too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #729 on: October 03, 2020, 07:42:28 AM »
Sweet figure! Thanks for the word, let me go share it on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #730 on: October 04, 2020, 08:31:44 PM »
So many cool toy lines out there! Thanks for the link. I really like the shape of his armor parts. Somehow this figure reminds me of a troll from Lord of the Rings. If I had one of these I'd probably give him a LotR repaint. Thanks for sharing all this cool stuff! Always love your outdoor pics, too!

Hey thanks Philipp! Yeah, I thought about LotR trolls, too. Now I might have to order some Animal Warriors of the Kingdom deluxe figures (from Spero toys), just to have something to scale with this guy. I haven't seen the line pop up on Amazon yet, so I think I found these pretty early in their release. I bet if you are patient you'll be able to get them, too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #731 on: October 04, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »
Sweet figure! Thanks for the word, let me go share it on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer. I had heard about these possibly coming out a while ago and promptly forgot about it - old timer's memory :-\ or maybe just overload. Anyway, I was surprised when I saw them on the shelf at my local Target and had to go refresh my memory. I missed out on most of the figures and I didn't see a spot for the vehicles or two-packs (I really want one of the Elites). But I was able to grab the last Master Chief today as well as picking up the Brute on Friday. I'm pretty excited about the potential these have for customizing or just straight using alongside Star Wars figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #732 on: October 05, 2020, 02:25:02 AM »
I agree, they seem like the would work well as is.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #733 on: October 05, 2020, 02:31:07 AM »
And yes, after checking the link you provided and looking at the images of the new wave of HALO figures - I also saw The Pilot! Man, this SCREAMS for a custom of Bodhi Rook.
It can't be coincidence that they made the pilot look so similar and even named him The Pilot, can it? Thanks so much for your reply! I'll definitely keep my eyes open for those and might get a couple.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #734 on: October 05, 2020, 04:57:40 PM »
Here's a couple more shots for a sense of scale:
Next to the original Dark Trooper figure

with Ben Solo (that's a Qui-Gon Jinn body) and Master Chief:

Master Chief is apparently 7 feet tall (the figure stands head to head with Chewie BTW)