Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186684 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2020, 05:05:27 AM »
Three great new customs. I like them all.

Back to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2020, 11:11:09 PM »
Three great new customs. I like them all.

Back to the front pages.

Thanks, Tamer.  I may have time to snap a couple of pictures of the whole Auresh squad here pretty soon - if the weather cooperates.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2020, 09:00:15 AM »
Those look great! I love the Clegg Holdfast body. I like to use the body with the Arcona head. I think it looks better than the original action figure body. For some reason, when I watched Star Wars in the theater in 77', I got the impression that the Arcona was a smaller creature. 

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #708 on: July 10, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »
I like how Findar Leemas looks like an absolute tank. Betcha he could toss some stormies around. Great work!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2020, 09:49:37 PM »
Those look great! I love the Clegg Holdfast body. I like to use the body with the Arcona head. I think it looks better than the original action figure body. For some reason, when I watched Star Wars in the theater in 77', I got the impression that the Arcona was a smaller creature.

Thanks! I hadn't thought about the Holdfast body and an Arcona head - that would work great! (I guess I've got another custom to build). I had the same feeling about him as you did. I thought maybe the size of the Saurians or Snaggletooth.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2020, 09:57:16 PM »
I like how Findar Leemas looks like an absolute tank. Betcha he could toss some stormies around. Great work!

Yeah, I've liked the design of the Vurks from the first time I saw Coleman Trebor. I thought a Vurk would make a great soldier, then I saw a drawing of one fighting alongside Clone Troopers on Wookieepedia and said, "Got to do a rebel one!"

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #711 on: July 11, 2020, 12:06:41 AM »
An old kit-bash I did years ago to give you an idea what it would look like...

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #712 on: July 16, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
Starchaser, your customs are nothing short of terrific!  Really like the animal-headed ones, they look extremely cool.  Very, very creative.

And, as a fellow member of the Moradi Fan Club, I love your Vi custom, of course.  I based my Vi Moradi not on the "official" actress from the videos, but on the actual actress who interacted with us at GE last year.  She was a delight!

Anyway, truly great work here all around! 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2020, 10:42:29 PM »
An old kit-bash I did years ago to give you an idea what it would look like...

Thanks for sharing the image, that's quite helpful. And yep...that fits what I was thinking too. I can totally see how you got there.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2020, 10:46:34 PM »
Starchaser, your customs are nothing short of terrific!  Really like the animal-headed ones, they look extremely cool.  Very, very creative.

And, as a fellow member of the Moradi Fan Club, I love your Vi custom, of course.  I based my Vi Moradi not on the "official" actress from the videos, but on the actual actress who interacted with us at GE last year.  She was a delight!

Anyway, truly great work here all around!

Thanks Lance Q - I appreciate the feedback. I've enjoyed using animal heads to design aliens - whether my own or attempts to give us characters/species I don't think Hasbro will ever get to. I'm not nearly the accomplished artist (especially sculptor) that so many of our members on this thread are, so I have to find other ways to create the characters I want. So far, its working for me :)

I was pleased to see that you finshed your Vi figure. I think she turned out well, so good job.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #715 on: September 04, 2020, 10:55:54 PM »
Hi All, I've got a few customs in the works that I hope to share before the month is out. In the meantime I picked up the Spinmaster Bronze Tiger figure and thought he's a dead ringer for the Togorian species (from the young Solo novels, I think a Togorian Jedi shows up in a Dooku story as well). Ten points of articulation (if you include the tail), the sculpt is good, the scale is close for a Togorian (which are taller than humans). The paint job is pretty vibrant, making him feel a bit "cartoony" but that can be fixed with a paint job if someone feels its necessary. Basically, its a good figure for a customizing another EU feline species. I've included an image of him next to the new Commander Wolffe for a sense of scale:

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #716 on: September 04, 2020, 11:46:53 PM »
Nice find  8) ..i look forward to seeing the finished Togorian Jedi

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #717 on: September 05, 2020, 12:09:41 AM »
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this Tiger figure, love your outdoor pictures and Commander Wolffe is just an amazing figure, isn't it?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #718 on: September 05, 2020, 07:57:06 AM »
Yeah, that figure will work great. Thanks for showing us what it looks like for a scale reference.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #719 on: September 05, 2020, 12:12:27 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this Tiger figure, love your outdoor pictures and Commander Wolffe is just an amazing figure, isn't it?

I really like the new Wolffe. I'm happy to simply leave the Tiger as is for now. I may paint him and give him a backstory one of these days, but I have a long list of figures to finish that are before him in the queue. COVID-19 didn't slow things down in my world - it made things busier.