Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186694 times)

Offline LUCHUK666

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • IG
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2020, 10:22:32 PM »
Man all of these are sick!!  >:D wish i could see that chewie on a vintage collection card  ^-^

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #691 on: April 22, 2020, 10:21:37 PM »
Man all of these are sick!!  >:D wish i could see that chewie on a vintage collection card  ^-^

Thanks! He's not a hard custom (well matching paint color is a pain), but I'm still sorry that Hasbro didn't give us a bunch more figures from "Solo" there is so much good material there. One day I'll have to do a shot of all the Wookiee customs I've done. I pulled out a figure storage box yesterday and realized there is a lot of them.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #692 on: April 22, 2020, 10:53:42 PM »
I often turn out to be a fan of secondary characters in books or movies. One of the characters I was intrigued with from Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy was a smuggler called Clyngunn. Clyngunn comes from a race called the ZeHethbra. I thought it would be great to add a ZeHethbra to my collection of aliens. So, I have created Madduyn. Madduyn hails from the same clan as Clyngunn (his uncle's wife's cousin) and he looked up to his famous relative. Madduyn didn't choose the professional athlete route (and all the fortune and fame that can come from that), instead he was selected to be a Clanwarden - an officer in his clan's militia. Over time, watching the exploits of his famous clansman, he set his sights on the stars and when Palpatine declare the Galactic Empire as the successor state to the Republic and disbanded the Senate, Madduyn left home to find Clyngunn. He flew with him as a smuggler for long enough to learn the ropes, build a network and generate enough money to buy his own ship. Now Madduyn is building a smuggler's reputation to rival that of Clyngunn.

The visual source material on the ZeHethbra (an invention of Zahn's) is inconsistent at best with horse-like heads, bear-like heads, beaver-like heads or weasel-like heads with a static electricity styled mane. The only close to "canon" appearance is from the Dark Horse comic rendition of the Thrawn trilogy, which notoriously had the wrong drawings for aliens. The "lore" around the ZeHethbra paints them as something like a cross between an humanoid skunk and a humanoid wolverine - so I went with badger which kind of bridges the many gaps. I'm quite happy with the choice.

Anyway, the recipe is simple:
Head = CollectA Eurasian Badger
Body = Movie Yondu (from the Starlord Yondu two-pack)
Hands = Clone Wars Chewie
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:19:46 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #693 on: April 22, 2020, 11:40:30 PM »
Sorry for my late reply, mate. I really like the development of your customs - plus the creative work you always do on their background stories - such as the story of Jedha phantoms! Really like this crew!
Let's see - Maybe I'll come across some of those some day, too...Your stories are so creative! Reading through them is always good fun! How they're related to each other is too much brainwork for me so early in the morning though... lol
It's great that you're inspired by the Thrawn Trilogy! Looking back at some of your many customs, I think you add most variety to your custom collection and the Star Wars universe. It's great to see Chewie's hands painted in black. And like Madduyn's coat! That pillar is also a really nice piece! I've seen similar ones in stores for aquaristic supplies. But they were much smaller…

You've done real great work here, Starchaser! It's always worth to come back and check out your latest creations! Thanks for sharing and inspiring so much!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:44:08 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2020, 12:41:05 PM »
Nice, we can't get enough SW Aliens imo.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2020, 03:04:47 PM »
    I agree with Tamer, you can't have enough Aliens, and the Badger is awesome! I like the outfit he has, that looks good too. Great backstory as well.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #696 on: April 24, 2020, 10:02:50 AM »
Very cool.  Its giving me a souped up Wind in the Willows vibe.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #697 on: April 24, 2020, 10:58:55 PM »
Sorry for my late reply, mate. I really like the development of your customs - plus the creative work you always do on their background stories - such as the story of Jedha phantoms! Really like this crew!
Let's see - Maybe I'll come across some of those some day, too...Your stories are so creative! Reading through them is always good fun! How they're related to each other is too much brainwork for me so early in the morning though... lol
It's great that you're inspired by the Thrawn Trilogy! Looking back at some of your many customs, I think you add most variety to your custom collection and the Star Wars universe. It's great to see Chewie's hands painted in black. And like Madduyn's coat! That pillar is also a really nice piece! I've seen similar ones in stores for aquaristic supplies. But they were much smaller…

You've done real great work here, Starchaser! It's always worth to come back and check out your latest creations! Thanks for sharing and inspiring so much!

Thanks Philipp. Glad you enjoy the stories. I like the creativity of developing them. I guess you could my customizing is character driven. From the first time I saw the Starlord two-pack, I knew I wanted to use Yondu's body somehow, I really like the duster look. I figured it would need to be a smuggler or something like that. When I finally had badger head I like, it all clicked. The pillar is actually a plinth for a gazing ball that is in my front yard. I looked at it and said - that could be a peice of scenery and there you have it. Thanks for your kind words!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #698 on: April 24, 2020, 11:00:29 PM »
Nice, we can't get enough SW Aliens imo.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer - yeah I feel like the alien population of Star Wars is totally under-served. There are some many great options and Hasbro just keeps missing the ball. So...we have to build our own:)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #699 on: April 24, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »
    I agree with Tamer, you can't have enough Aliens, and the Badger is awesome! I like the outfit he has, that looks good too. Great backstory as well.

Thanks JDeck. I was really happy with how he turned out. Originally I was a bit worried about the head size, but it works on the current body. So...a win all around. Thanks for the comment.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2020, 11:03:09 PM »
Very cool.  Its giving me a souped up Wind in the Willows vibe.

Ha - wouldn't have thought of Wind in the Willows - let's call it Wind in the Willows meet Bladerunner  ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #701 on: July 03, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
I finished the fifth member of the Jedha Phantoms "Team Aurek" - Wegit Yot, and Ugnuaght from Cloud City. He didn't want to fight his best friend to the death in a blood duel for a job. So, he found a spacer who would take him off planet in exchange for working as a technician and mechanic. The arrangement worked reasonably well. On one transport job, Wegit encountered the Jedha Phantoms, and immediately joined. His technical and mechanical skills make him an valuable asset to Team Aurek:

Recipe:
Head = Legacy Ugnaught
Torso/upper arms/upper legs = Clegg Holdfast (I had to trim the armor so the joints worked)
Lower arms and lower legs = Utai
He's wearing a Zuvio backpack (though you really can't see it in the shot).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:20:12 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #702 on: July 03, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »
Also a couple of Rebel spooks:

Findar Leemas was a member of the Sembla Resistance whose father had fought alongside the Grand Army of Republic during the Clone Wars. On a scouting mission, Rebel intelligence agents encountered Leemas and immediately saw his potential. They recruited him to Alliance Special Operations. During a recon mission Findar "liberated" the enslaved Nosaurian, Bera Fire-eye from an Imperial installation. Bera has remained a constant companion to his Vurk hero ever since.

Recipe:
Findar:
Head, torso and hands = ROTS Coleman Trebor
Armor = Evolutions Mandalore
Arms = Fornite Skull Trooper
Legs = Fortnite Jonesy
Holster is from the fodder box, so I don't know which Han Solo figure it came off.

Bera:
Head, lower arms, and lower legs = Clegg Holdfast
Torso, upper arms and upper legs = Utai
Backpack is the one from the Phantom Menace Anakin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:46:20 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #703 on: July 03, 2020, 06:28:49 PM »
These are awesome! Findar is really great looking. I like the Clegg holdfast head. It reminds me of Chinese/Japanese masks, I like that you used it.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »
These are awesome! Findar is really great looking. I like the Clegg holdfast head. It reminds me of Chinese/Japanese masks, I like that you used it.

Hadn't thought of the mask thing - but now you mention it, I can't unsee it:) Thanks. I was pretty happy with Findar too.