Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186766 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #630 on: October 13, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »
I agree, great character. I like this. Off to the front pages.

Thank you Tamer. I so appreciate your supporting our hobby the way you do.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #631 on: October 13, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »
Nice Chadra Fan!  Good choice with the Dark Crystal body.  I though the same thing as you when I saw them, perfect for short figures.

Monorama, thank you so much. I'll be interested to see what you might do with a Hup body.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #632 on: October 13, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »
Great use of that Dark Crystal figure. She came out very nice! I've had my eyes on a particular artist drawing of a Chadra, could be from a comic, that I'm itching to do in 1:12th scale.

Thanks, DarthSinister. I look forward to seeing you tackle a 1:12th Chadra Fan.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #633 on: November 04, 2019, 01:00:28 AM »
Couple of new customs:
One, a simple head swap:
Bae Geer: A Gran from the colony world of Hok (the home of another small and highly dexterous Gran - Mawhonic) , Bae is a brilliant electrician and technician. Under the Imperial regime, there was little opportunity for her so she found challenging work a Shug Ninx's Spacebarn on Nar Shaada. She quickly earned respect from Shug and the various smugglers that used the services of the Spacebarn. Bae has even worked alongside Chewbacca on the Millennium Falcon. She is wanted by the Empire for her part in illegally fitting smuggler's freighters with military grade shields, ship-board computers, engines and weapons systems:

Recipe:
Mawhonic head
Rose Tico (Black Series) body (I shaved the hood off the back)
Vest from Jyn Erso (Black series)

and Judder Page (there is a great write up on him on Wookieepedia): I opted to make him in recon mode (dressed as a technician), but will probably add a commando body as well.

head = modified Qui-Gon (don't remember which version) In the image of him from the ROTJ briefing room, the actor looks a bit like a younger Liam Neeson, so I went with Qui-Gon
hat = Bespin wing guard
torso and arms  = General Calrissian (VC)
hands = fodder box
legs/belt = Imperial engineer
vest = Greedo (the Saga Collection)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2019, 04:19:31 AM »
I like the look of both. You always come up with great combinations. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #635 on: November 04, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »
Great job as always. I like the Rose Tico body, it makes for great technicians, or even pilots. It doesn't look feminine, so you can use it for either genders. Is it noticeably shorter? I haven't bought the rose figure yet.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #636 on: November 04, 2019, 09:28:12 PM »
I really like Bae. That's a cool use of parts from unpopular figures. Which means making customs with those will be cheaper lol. Are these both 3.75"? I wasn't aware they made an articulated Rose in that scale if so.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #637 on: November 05, 2019, 12:22:18 AM »
I like the look of both. You always come up with great combinations. Off to share.

Thanks Tamer. Glad you like the combos. Got to keep it simple most of the time.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #638 on: November 05, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »
Great job as always. I like the Rose Tico body, it makes for great technicians, or even pilots. It doesn't look feminine, so you can use it for either genders. Is it noticeably shorter? I haven't bought the rose figure yet.

Thanks JDeck! Yes, the tech Rose is a great "buck" for figures in coveralls. It feels female to me, though your right, it's not obvious. And yes, it is smaller than other figures - in scale with Rose's height compared to Finn and Co.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #639 on: November 05, 2019, 12:33:42 AM »
I really like Bae. That's a cool use of parts from unpopular figures. Which means making customs with those will be cheaper lol. Are these both 3.75"? I wasn't aware they made an articulated Rose in that scale if so.

Thanks RC. Yeah, I try to keep costs down so using easy to find or clearance fodder is a plus:) I only work in 3.75, so yes that's a 3.75 inch Rose. She was part of the Walmart 3.75 inch Black Series.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #640 on: November 05, 2019, 03:19:24 AM »
These are very smart kit-bashes! This might actually be a reason to get a 3.75" TBS Rose Tico...your ideas are always so inspriring. I thank you Starchaser! Very nice customs here - also with quite some rare parts! Qui-Gon looks great with short hair! Liam Neeson is also one of my favorite actors. He's a great guy for sure! Thanks for sharing!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #641 on: November 05, 2019, 11:54:32 PM »
These are very smart kit-bashes! This might actually be a reason to get a 3.75" TBS Rose Tico...your ideas are always so inspriring. I thank you Starchaser! Very nice customs here - also with quite some rare parts! Qui-Gon looks great with short hair! Liam Neeson is also one of my favorite actors. He's a great guy for sure! Thanks for sharing!

- Philipp

Thanks so much Philipp. The Rose figures went on clearance here, so I bought a couple figuring they would make good "bucks" for female or smaller characters. Plus, all those pilots, soldiers and smugglers have got to have technicians, right?  Thanks so much for your kind words.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:59:48 PM by Starchaser »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #642 on: November 14, 2019, 12:24:01 PM »
Given what you have done with aliens, I'd love to see you tackle some of the aliens from The Mandalorian. I think you could do a good job of it.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #643 on: November 16, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
Given what you have done with aliens, I'd love to see you tackle some of the aliens from The Mandalorian. I think you could do a good job of it.

Thanks RC - we'll see (though I am assembling parts for Kuiil - in the unfortunate case that Hasbro doesn't make him - and the Quarren thug currently)  :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »
 May I present: Li Mundi Sohfu - nephew of the famous Jedi, Ki Adi Mundi (and now his spitting image). Li was off-world during the Battle of Cerea that killed his mother, Droe, and his extended family. Li, just a young boy, was traveling with his father, a merchant. Growing up as a space-faring merchant, Li built a vast network of contacts and became an accomplished pilot. A fantastic marksman, no one is sure whether Li inherited his uncle's connection to the Force, but it is highly likely. Despising despotism in any form, when the First Order armada emerged, Li sought out the Resistance and has become an important Intelligence agent. Highly sought after and wanted by the First Order under the code name "Trader," Li and his highly modified camera droid "Bot" seek to thwart the plans of the Supreme Leader at every turn.

This is a pretty simple recipe: (one could totally use this basic recipe with different heads for random filler characters)
Head = Ki Adi Mundi (don't remember which line, but ball socket)
Body = Cassian Andor (Walmart Black Series)
Arms = Carbonite Han

and "Yes" its raining in the picture - welcome to Washington:)