Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186727 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2019, 09:41:02 PM »
You alway know how to put together a great figures.  So creative ,I  am taking notes. That for the inspiration Starchaser.

Thanks Stan, I really appreciate the kind words. Coming from someone with your talent for sculpting and painting that really means something.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #571 on: June 01, 2019, 12:59:14 AM »
Another awesome character with a great backstory.
Excellent work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #572 on: June 01, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »
Another awesome character with a great backstory.
Excellent work.

Thanks FialaFernbrugg! I do have a bit of fun with the backstories, I'm not much of a "diorama filler" builder.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2019, 08:31:58 PM »
Vacation's over - so I have some time to build (I know its supposed to be the other way round - but not in our house). Working on several things, but finished this one up and thought I would share it:

After escaping a harrowing near-death experience in the Core Worlds, Caji Medduwn made his way to the planet Lehon in the Unknown Regions. He said it was to learn the lessons of history there. With a prosthetic right forearm, purple honor stripes on his helmet, and surprising knowledge of the history of Lehon (a planet which is virtually unknown in the broader galaxy) there is a story behind the identity of this mysterious figure. Over time, he has developed a reputation in his sector of the Unknown Regions. Along with a small band of comrades, whom he calls “Equitors,” Caji shows up, often unexpectedly, to aid those in need, especially those being oppressed. He is a fierce warrior and has been reported to accomplish super-human feats. Official dossiers, such as those belonging to the Chiss Ascendancy and Vagaari Empire, record these stories as improbable, but eyewitnesses are consistent in their testimony and convictions. Caji and his Equitors remain a mystery. [ I hope no one has trouble guessing the "other" backstory and identity of this character - clues are all in the narrative. :) ]

And with one of his Equitors:

This other figure is a Ggripptogg figure from Four Horseman Studios (a remake of the old 5 or 6 inch Revell Power Lords character from Wayne Barlowe). Four Horsemen name Ggripptogg's species as "Ferrikonian" and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't live in the Unknown Regions of the Star Wars Universe - they make a great species addition with their cool design. So I will include a Ferrikonian as one of Caji's Equitors and call him Gorvoloki.

Recipe:
Head/helmet = Scarif Trooper
Torso and upper left arm = Bom Vimdin
Lower left arm, upper right arm and legs = Concept Snowtrooper (Johnston)
Lower right arm = Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
Skirt and holster = Comic 2-pack Quinlan Vos (the one with Villie in it)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:38:35 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2019, 04:43:14 AM »
That’s a very expansive kit-bash! I’ve seen your entry on YakFace and wish you good luck for the contest! I really like the theme of “unknown regions”! Did you use the 5POA Scarif Trooper helmet? I really like how this custom turned out and also like the story behind it!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2019, 07:09:46 AM »
I agree, a lot of great parts make a great custom and this one fits the bill. Off to share.

Offline Dogbite

• Cadet
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2019, 07:59:45 AM »
Good to see Mace back in action ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
That’s a very expansive kit-bash! I’ve seen your entry on YakFace and wish you good luck for the contest! I really like the theme of “unknown regions”! Did you use the 5POA Scarif Trooper helmet? I really like how this custom turned out and also like the story behind it!

- Philipp

Thanks Philipp! As to the helmet: No, I had a helmet from the SA version left over from a custom I did using the body (see image below), so I used it for this thinking it was both appropriate (to the time and circumstances) and cool.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »
I agree, a lot of great parts make a great custom and this one fits the bill. Off to share.

Thanks, Tamer!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »
Good to see Mace back in action ;)

Thanks! I've seen a couple of Mace customs lately in which he still sports a very "Jedi" look and got to thinking that he would be too clever to be so obvious. That's when I started toying with the idea of a bounty hunter or something. I landed on "or something" but liked the helmeted look...and voila.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2019, 04:50:06 PM »
Very cool figure. To me, he has a cool outlander look. The bom vindin shirt has always been one of my favorites. It has like a pirate/Western look. At any rate, great job.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #581 on: July 30, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
Very cool figure. To me, he has a cool outlander look. The bom vindin shirt has always been one of my favorites. It has like a pirate/Western look. At any rate, great job.

Thanks JDeck, I really like the Bom V torso also. I was going for a "mismatched but complimentary" look that read a little Western, so I'm glad that came through for you:)

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2019, 05:56:59 AM »
Man, that is a nice figure.  I like the whole story too.  You should expand on the Equitors, I think its a fun concept.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »
Great figure and even better concepts. i love your back story. Hope to see more of Caji and his Equitors.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #584 on: August 01, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »
Man, that is a nice figure.  I like the whole story too.  You should expand on the Equitors, I think its a fun concept.

Thanks! I have some further ideas, we'll see how quickly I get to them.