Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186706 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 07, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
Sweet! I like these beasts especially the war elephant with the armor. It seems like something the Empire would use. Very cool. I might have to look for one of those.

Offline L-Jarvis customs

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lieutenant
  • You were the chosen one!
« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2019, 08:51:56 AM »
Amazing work!
Remember why the Sith are more powerful than the Jedi, Sidious: because we are not afraid to feel.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #542 on: March 09, 2019, 08:33:43 PM »
Sweet! I like these beasts especially the war elephant with the armor. It seems like something the Empire would use. Very cool. I might have to look for one of those.

Thanks JDeck - I thought they were too fun to pass up. Not sure how I am going to modify them (if at all), or what context I would place them in, but thought everyone should see them in scale.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2019, 08:35:41 PM »
Amazing work!

Thanks L-Jarvis - its pretty nice when the work in done for you (those primal clash prehistoric mammals are pretty nice, too bad there's not some articulation).

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #544 on: March 13, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
Thanks for the hint! I looked up these boss fight figures on google and eBay - it's great to see the quality of 3.75" figures made by other companies than Hasbro. It let's me hope for other ways to expand the Star Wars universe. Thanks also to larifari for making me aware of The Hobbit figures.

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2019, 10:30:24 PM »
Thanks for the hint! I looked up these boss fight figures on google and eBay - it's great to see the quality of 3.75" figures made by other companies than Hasbro. It let's me hope for other ways to expand the Star Wars universe. Thanks also to larifari for making me aware of The Hobbit figures.

- Philipp

Sorry I haven't responded sooner - I've haven't had time to finish any customizing projects lately, so was busy looking at everyone else's submission, and didn't check my own thread :0 Yes, the BossFight figures are absolutely excellent! So are Animal Warriors of the Kingdom (a couple of which I've shown here as well).

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #546 on: April 15, 2019, 12:28:05 AM »
Yes, indeed! You commented almost every new entry on here! - which is much appreciated! The quality of BossFight figures in 1/18 scale is outstanding! I keep my eyes open for those and will also work with kit-bashes (from Hasbro/G.I. Joe) more in the future.
Thanks again for your strong support, Starchaser!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2019, 05:01:09 PM »
It's been awhile since I've completed anything, but I've got a couple of updates and a couple of "ideas" to share for character/diorama fillers.
Let's start with the "ideas":

Ran into this on accident a XCOM 2 Loot figure called a Chryssalid - would be a great diorama filler (or character for a photo-novel). The plastic is rigid and somewhat brittle, so the joints can break easily and there is no articulation, but its colorful and detailed and looks pretty great standing around. I've included a picture alongside a Mimban Stormtrooper to show scale.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »
Next one of the newest Fortnite figures, The Visitor. While I think there is custom potential for some of these figures, I'm not sold on them (Dark Bomber might work for a Pantoran criminal or guerrilla). But...the Visitor fits pretty seamlessly into the Star Wars universe:

He totally works as a bounty hunter or mercenary.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:13:06 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
A while ago I did a custom of Paige Tico and an "adventure" Rose. While I like the body design, it didn't fit Rose right (seen below):

So I thought about it a bit and then redesigned "adventurer" Rose. I'm much happier with this version:

The recipe is pretty straightforward:
Head = Rose (Black series - Resistance technician)
Torso and arms = Breha Organa
Vest = Jyn Erso (Black Series)
Skirt = CW Mandalorian Police Officer
Legs = Toryn Farr

I may paint the legs a darker color, but I'm not sure yet. And, I will certainly use the former body for a different character.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:13:51 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2019, 05:52:53 PM »
Finally:
A Jakku look super-articulated Sarco Plank:

When I first started to design this figure I had about four different figures dismantled trying to figure out how to rebuild Mr. Plank (BTW - CHEWIE has done a really nice version of Plank). Then I thought, do I have a red figure that works pretty well as a base and realized that the Black Series Emperor's Guard might just do the trick.  So that's what I did. The "buck" is the Emperor's Guard, with the head and connected chest panel from the 5POA Plank figure. The outer robe is just the cloth coat from a Naboo pilot (VC). I cut the breathing tanks off the 5POA figure and glued them to the harness that comes on the McQuarrie concept Starkiller Hero (and shaved the binoculars off the front). This way, the tanks hang perfectly on the back of the figure (and are removable, if I should want to change something). Finally, I cut the forearms and hands of the Plank figure and trimmed them so that they could be inserted into the hand holes on the Guard figure and then painted the hair on the hands a little bit darker. And there you have it. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. I may do a bit of work on the soft goods, but he's totally "good enough" for now.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:01:49 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »
I like the second Rose, I think the first one doesn't really match her body type ... too thin.  But both Roses are great work.  The super articulated Sarco Plank is excellent.  Great use of parts.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2019, 06:37:57 PM »
I like the second Rose, I think the first one doesn't really match her body type ... too thin.  But both Roses are great work.  The super articulated Sarco Plank is excellent.  Great use of parts.

That's exactly what thought after the first build and I popped the head on. The body is a good design for a smuggler or something, I'll just have to figure out what head I think I would like to use and design a backstory for the character. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #553 on: May 11, 2019, 01:31:13 AM »
Beautiful outdoor pics.
The Fortnite Visitor figure fits great into the SW universe.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #554 on: May 11, 2019, 06:06:08 AM »
Great update. Love that weird alien looking creature. Fits well. Could see adding some awesome arty to that one.

That Rose looks way better. New body fits her facial frame so much better. Off to share some of your update.