Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186768 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 03, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »
I like this figure you could actually see it in the SW universe.

Ron

Thanks so much Ron. I thought he fit:)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #511 on: February 03, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »
Clakxis is an interesting little guy! I really like your take on Holdo, too.

Thank! I appreciate the comments.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #512 on: February 04, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »
While the rest of America has been in a deep freeze for days, we finally got our first snow of the winter yesterday and today where I live. So in honor of the snow I had to take a shot of the Arctic Mando I posted some months ago in the snow.

The first shot is Sellen Itera with his pet snow-wolf of Kabaira, Aran:

And a couple of shots of him drawing a bead on interloping Range Troopers just for fun:

Finally, a new Jedi to add to the fold. Tanthor Sol, a Hiitian Jedi (I always liked the idea of the Hiitians, the first being Kar Yang a bounty hunter from the Guri comics, but I thought the character design too top heavy, so I adapted it a bit - let's call it a sub-species):

He's just a repainted GL movie Tomar Re with homemade tunic and belt and robe from the fodder bin. I think I'll work on articulating him next.
Enjoy!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #513 on: February 04, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
Great pics mate.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #514 on: February 04, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »
Great pics mate.

Ron

Thanks so much Ron. Had to enjoy the snow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #515 on: February 05, 2019, 03:04:47 AM »
Very nice. Looks like more winter fun next week if forecasts are to be believed. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2019, 04:10:40 AM »
Sellen Itera looks awesome! I really like the footage in the snow! At the moment we also have 6 inches of snow here in the East of Germany. Itera's wolf looks perfectly next to this Arctic Mando!

Tanthor Sol is a very interesting design! The soft goods and the belt look excellent! What did you use for the soft goods?
He must have some extra Jedi power - for me this snow would be too cold to go out like that!  ;)

Thanks for sharing these!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
Very nice. Looks like more winter fun next week if forecasts are to be believed. Off to share.

Thanks Tamer. Yes, more snow in my neighborhood this weekend, but it sure makes normal obligations hard to keep up on.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
Sellen Itera looks awesome! I really like the footage in the snow! At the moment we also have 6 inches of snow here in the East of Germany. Itera's wolf looks perfectly next to this Arctic Mando!

Tanthor Sol is a very interesting design! The soft goods and the belt look excellent! What did you use for the soft goods?
He must have some extra Jedi power - for me this snow would be too cold to go out like that!  ;)

Thanks for sharing these!

- Philipp

Thanks Philipp. We had 11 1/2 inches in my yard on Monday, which is really unusual for where I live. We often get one or two snows a year totalling one to three inches, so this was a lot and our community infrastructure has a hard time dealing with it - so, snow day. I built Itera for a contest awhile ago and posted him here, but found a Funko Game of Thrones Ghost figure on clearance and thought he would make a great companion. I couldn't really resist taking some snow shots - an Arctic Mando shoudl be seen in his native environment.

As for Tanthor - the belt is from a Hem Dazon, I'm pretty sure. The robe is just one I had in the fodder box from one of the many Jedi I've taken apart over the years. The tunic is homemade. In retrospect I would have made it a bit longer. I was thinking about sewing short pants for him, but still have not decided whether I want to do that or not. I'm thinking about a second build including additional articulation (as this figure is just 6 POA) and might include pants on that one. We'll see.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #519 on: February 07, 2019, 02:18:08 AM »
Very cool snow gear Mandalorian and Hitian Jedi figures!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #520 on: February 07, 2019, 05:09:22 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Starchaser! That surprises me - I thought there was more snow in WA, but it probably depends in which region you live. From what I've seen online it's so beautiful there! Also being right south of Canada and at the Pacific is great! I like the word Alki, too!

What was the result of that contest - I'm curious...

Again, your crafting skills are amazing! The tunic looks awesome - and more articulation is always welcome! I'm gonna post some pics of my Jedi collection, soon. I like how they look on display in different poses.

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #521 on: February 07, 2019, 04:32:48 PM »
Very cool snow gear Mandalorian and Hitian Jedi figures!

Thanks IABF - appreciate the comment!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #522 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »
Thank you for your reply, Starchaser! That surprises me - I thought there was more snow in WA, but it probably depends in which region you live. From what I've seen online it's so beautiful there! Also being right south of Canada and at the Pacific is great! I like the word Alki, too!

What was the result of that contest - I'm curious...

Again, your crafting skills are amazing! The tunic looks awesome - and more articulation is always welcome! I'm gonna post some pics of my Jedi collection, soon. I like how they look on display in different poses.

- Philipp

You're welcome! I live on the west side of Cascades (that's the Puget Sound) and it is beautiful here and generally temperate. Thanks for your compliments. I hope to see your Jedi collection soon. As for the contest...it was a random draw for the victors and I honestly don't remember the outcome - its more an opportunity to build a figure to a theme and see what other customizers come up with.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #523 on: February 07, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »
The Lanard Primal Clash figures were shared a month or so ago on the Facebook page. I picked up the Woolly Mammoth yesterday and thought a snow picture might be most appropriate. I put a tank trooper on him (a mammoth could count as a tank - right?) so you can get a sense of scale. The figure that came with it was on par with the usual "The Corps" figures, full of articulation and decently sculpted. The head on the mammoth moves up and down, but other than that there is no articulation (oh, and the double blasters rotate). It's a hefty piece, you can feel the amount of plastic in it - won't break easily:) The sculpt is good, the colors make sense and the accessories are removable (I haven't taken them off yet). The scale is small which makes him affordable, and that's fine with me, but maybe we can all call him a "minimmoth." Long and short of it for me, happy to add a creature into the Star Wars universe. Not sure as to this beastie's customize-ability beyond paint at this point, though I think the set of two double blasters on the saddle has potential.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:55:04 PM by Starchaser »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #524 on: February 07, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »
The Lanard Primal Clash figures were shared a month or so ago on the Facebook page. I picked up the Woolly Mammoth yesterday and thought a snow picture might be most appropriate. I put a tank trooper on him (a mammoth could count as a tank - right?) so you can get a sense of scale. The figure that came with it was on par with the usual "The Corps" figures, full of articulation and decently sculpted. The head on the mammoth moves up and down, but other than that there is no articulation (oh, and the double blasters rotate). It's a hefty piece, you can feel the amount of plastic in it - won't break easily:) The sculpt is good, the colors make sense and the accessories are removable (I haven't taken them off yet). The scale is small which makes him affordable, and that's fine with me, but maybe we can all call him a "minimmoth." Long and short of it for me, happy to add a creature into the Star Wars universe. Not sure as to this beastie's customize-ability beyond paint at this point, though I think the set of two double blasters on the saddle has potential.

I've been looking at picking a few of that Jurassic Clash line up myself. Kicking ideas around for that mammoth figure. That's great seeing action figures in the snow, reminds me of ages ago playing outside with my Kenner Star Wars figures recreating the Battle of Hoth.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:51:58 AM by I-am-Boba-Fett »