Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186721 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »
I've already posted a couple images of the Animal Warriors of the Kingdom line, but I am really enjoying its cross compatibility with Star Wars. My favorite (right now) is the character "Scraps." I have added a Solo vest and Chewie's rifle from "Solo" to bring him into the Star Wars universe.

I call the character Talu Ooran:

Once head of the security detail assigned to the Crown Princess Lelit of Sen Argasi, Talu went into self-imposed exile rather than put Her Highness at risk when the Vizier took control of the court after the premature death of Lelit’s parents. Talu travels the galaxy building friendships and alliances he hopes he can rely on to support Lelit’s claim to the throne when she comes of age.

Obviously, I like the look of him riding on Boga :). I thought about changing the legs for booted ones off another figure or changing out the shin armor for a more muted color, but the green just brightens him up a bit - so I'll keep it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:35:27 PM by Starchaser »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
They both look excellent mate.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I hope your surgery went well!

My pleasure mate and it went well thank. I and love Talu Ooran, he turned out great.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2018, 11:24:47 PM »
Thanks Ron, I'm so glad surgery went well.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »
Thanks Ron, I'm so glad surgery went well.

Cheers buddy and my pleasure.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #454 on: October 08, 2018, 03:37:45 AM »
Yepper he does work well in SW. I like him. Off to share.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #455 on: October 08, 2018, 05:15:37 AM »
Very cool. He reminds me of the cat like characters which appeared in Clone Wars. He fits in well!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #456 on: October 08, 2018, 12:20:26 PM »
A couple of underworld characters that might inhabit the Star Wars universe (these were designed for the last Yakfinities contest):

Madame Hunari:

Madame Hunari plies her trade as a psychic in the upper levels of the Uscru District of Galactic City, Coruscant. Many wealthy and powerful beings come to her small shop seeking guidance and comfort. What most don't know is that Hunari is really the head of a small but well-placed network of infochants - using their trade to gather the secrets of the rich, famous and influential. One of her most effective tools to offer her "readings" to the servants of her clients in exchange for information, rather than credits. Hunari is well-known and has been connecting people with the spiritual world for longer than anyone can remember - which only adds to her reputation as a psychic. In truth, this Hunari is the fifth to don the mantle, as instead of retiring, the first "Hunari" created a costume for her daughter to continue in the role, creating the illusion of a single very, very old Gotal.

Recipe:
Head = Trevagg Feltipern (repainted)
Body = Maz Kanata
Stole = fur lining from 5POA Range Trooper
     Part of a cheap bracelet for the horn decoration

Zennan Kar'datonio:

Balosar. Almost nobody would suspect that Zennan was anything other than a pretentious, vain, weak-minded small-time deathstick dealer, so typical of Balosars in the galaxy. That’s the way he wants it. Behind the façade, Zennan is actually the leader and coordinator of a vast network of slicers, burglars, smugglers, fences and financiers collectively called the Combine. Zennan happily provides the services of the Combine to anyone willing to pay his prices, and has, as a result, become something of a respected neutral party in discussions between the various criminal syndicates. He is known to the Empire simply as Centerpoint – a highly wanted criminal mastermind. He is occasionally seen in the company of one Gotal psychic called Madame Hunari.

Recipe:
Head = MiB3 Mr. Wu (repainted)
Body = Ask Aak
Boots = Snowtrooper (I think TSC)
Lower arms = Yavin Ceremony Luke (TAC)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:39:39 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
Yepper he does work well in SW. I like him. Off to share.

Thanks Tamer, these are great figures with loads of articulation and great potential for customization as well.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
Very cool. He reminds me of the cat like characters which appeared in Clone Wars. He fits in well!

I hadn't thought of him as a Zygerrian, but that could work in a pinch. I like that he doesn't look quite like a cat or quite like a dog, so his species can be unique. I've posted a picture of another figure with the same design, just a different paint scheme (black and white like a skunk) and the paint totally changes the figure's feel.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #459 on: October 09, 2018, 02:29:17 AM »
Very nice. They would sure work well in any dio you needed general population folks in.

Off to share.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #461 on: October 12, 2018, 03:15:24 AM »
I agree and really like your exotic character customs! The horn deco reminds me a lot of a key-chain! Were you inspired by one or does she really wear this deco?
Your customs never fail to impress and give a new impression of how big the diversity of the Star Wars universe actually is.

Thanks for sharing & have a great weekend!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »
Philipp - Hunari is an original character and I thought that using a Feltipern head would require something to "feminize it" (female Gotals aren't supposed to have the facial hair). So I used the idea of age to justify the facial hair but thought that I could still have Hunari delight in make-up and bangles. I thought that the "horn chain" would be fitting - hadn't actually thought about a key-chain.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
Jodo - I glad you like the dude. I'm pretty happy with him myself - if I ever do a photo-novel (which is highly unlikely), I think Talu would have to be a key character. Jason Bienvenu did a great job conceiving of all his figures/characters, but I particularly enjoy "Scraps"

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2018, 09:34:08 PM »
Your last three custom figures are cool, can't have enough aliens :)