Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-28 Lt. Feng!  (Read 76303 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-16 2X Mando Update!
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2013, 06:28:48 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments on the Bounty Hunters. I have one more that I can post today for you. I still can't log on to Photobucket, been a week now, so I am giving up on them. Just made a Flickr account so I can get back to business as usual. Today I give you an Ubese Bounty Hunter featuring a new helmet design. Man this one was a lot of fun to build.

DSC_0008 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0011 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0012 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0013 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
very cool!  like the combo helmet
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I saw this on Facebook and liked it. I so agree photobucket is being a pain. I might have to switch to flickr myself. Update on the front page.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Very impressive and unusual custom, totally amazing. I really enjoy seeing customs like this.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Really like this one, very very nice paint work all the parts flow because of it. I also like the addition of the red "text" on the helmet scanner very cool looking. Kick-ass job make more.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
AMAZING! Wonderful design and paint job!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks guys and and Yak, thanks for noticing that digital readout.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
I'm a big fan of the Ubese.  Certain alien species I find cooler than others, and the Ubese have always been high on my list of favorites.  I was really stoked when I saw you made such a cool version of one.  For some reason, there aren't many customs of these guys and rarely do they look as cool and unique as the one you just created.  Love the way he looks!  Awesome job, L.E.!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Thanks so much Brian!

So my son Jaxon really likes Commando Gregor. He sacrificed the CW Republic Commando he got for Christmas to start making one. He learned the joys of sanding the paint off a figure and scuffed up the rest to get it ready for paint. I cut the static hands, knees and feet of and threw away the un needed parts. I went on to give this figure full articulation like the big H should have gave us. Then I applied a grey primer to the entire figure in 2 layers. Next I stippled on some darker grey followed by white. I had mixed results and plan to try something else to make it look like digital cammo. You can follow along with these pics.

DSC_0001 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

First I used the first release of Cad Banes elbows for the knee Joint and it worked but the plastic is a bit weak on this top heavy figure.

DSC_0003 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

So I selected some articulated knees and cut them down as needed to slip inside the RC lower legs.

DSC_0004 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Removed the small ball joint and drilled out the RC lower leg.

DSC_0005 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Now it slips inside and gets glued into place.

DSC_0006 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Looks like this. Oh yea I gave him articulated wrist and feet too.

DSC_0008 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0009 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
that looks ace ! i love how you turned the joints into a "plug in" type of affiar .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
that looks ace ! i love how you turned the joints into a "plug in" type of affiar .

I echo W9's joint comments. Daggone awesome Spry. Time to go get this on the fp.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
LE i had always kept those Bane joints thinking i could use them for something like this but was afraid they may be too frail. You proved that correct. I think the camo is looking really good. I need to watch that ep, still havent watched it yet. Nice work though i bet Jaxon is psyched!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
It was cool to finally see an RC in the CW series. Finally some real action again. Great choice of you to make a custom of him, LE.

But er.... are you telling me even the CW Boss figure suffers from a serious lack of articulation? What the poodoo?! I started a fully articulated Commando a long time ago, but never got around to finish him. It seems I might have to pick up that project again.

I mean, lack of articulation was a common disease back in 2008! Check out what Hawkeye did to fix that:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2722

Of course, back then Microman figures were easier and cheaper to be found than nowadays, but you get the idea :)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
LE: looking great! I am making Gregor in both outfits. Incom that is one sweet RC that guy had such a great tutorial.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline MsComicStar86

• Lieutenant
    • Facebook

DSC_0009 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

So far I am loving the details, and articulation. I really can't wait to see this finished.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:13:05 PM by Tamer »