Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/24  (Read 239395 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/21/23
« Reply #1215 on: June 09, 2023, 01:07:31 AM »
No I just printed the file at home. We subscribe to Uzay's Patreon and get several print files every month from his service. He has a lot of great offerings!

Now that's pretty awesome! Thanks for letting me know, I might have to join his club!

And I agree with Tamer & Starchaser! So this is the original TVC headsculpt that you repainted? You guys are the Gods of The Clone Wars era customs to me. I think you understood the graphics of the show so well that you could actually produce more episodes on your own. Love the color scheme not to mention how you painted her face.
She looks as if she jumped off screen. Thanks for sharing your phenomenal work on here.
I should establish an altar in my flat for you guys!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/04/23
« Reply #1216 on: June 19, 2023, 06:36:20 AM »
Definitely going to pass on all this feedback to Elias.

Elias' latest figure is a departure from our usual animated content. Because content has been driven by the people who commission our work we haven't had many requests for characters outside the animated series. Elias recently made a figure for himself and took the time to show fans of our work that he is equally adept at making cinema quality figures as well. This particular figure comes from "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed". While Hasbro did have a release for Shaak Ti from the video game, Elias made a lot of improvements to Hasbro's release that really make this custom shine.

This action figure is 100% sculpted and even has handcrafted soft goods. The head Elias sculpted on his laptop using Blender. He then printed his head and then hand painted his design. For the body, he took a 3.75" Black Series Jyn Erso that he completely sanded down with a Dremel. Elias extended the lower legs to give the figure a little more height. Once he took away all the unwanted plastic and the figure was sanded down, he then sculpted in all the anatomical forms, jewelry, clothing, accessories, and bandaging. The fabric below the waist of the figure was hand cut, stained and painted.

"STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED"
SHAAK TI
created by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/19/23
« Reply #1217 on: June 19, 2023, 06:40:41 AM »
This action figure was a 3D resin printed model that we purchased from Angry Raccoon Miniatures and Dad painted up. Angry Raccoon Miniatures has been making so many incredible additions to the Star Wars Rebels action figure line that are so well done that they are hard to pass up. Especially since the Rebels action figure line was so devastatingly underserved.

Thankfully, we have plenty more Angry Raccoon Miniatures models to paint. We are hoping to add a few more to our collection display shelves throughout this year. What characters from Rebels did you want to see made?

"STAR WARS REBELS"
EIGHTH BROTHER
Sculpt by Angry Raccoon Miniatures
painted by Darth Daddy

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1218 on: June 22, 2023, 09:48:46 AM »
Wow, great 8th Brother.

Hands down though that Shaak Ti is one for the record books. Has to be the best version of this custom I have seen. Freaking gorgeous. That shot of her standing next to the standard Hasbro version is just astounding. Wow.

So off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1219 on: June 23, 2023, 08:53:01 PM »
That Shaak Ti is amazing! The "fabric" looks outstanding, and the paint job is phenomenal. The 8th Brother is great, too. He fits in to the line-up seamlessly.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1220 on: June 24, 2023, 05:07:23 AM »
Last week, I received a message from our good friend, PeakOB1 Custom Creations who accidentally customized his only TCW El Les action figure and was in need of a replacement. Since most customizers hoard action figure fodder, he reached out to us to see if we had an extra El Les figure we would send his way. As soon as I got home from work that night I was able to find a complete El Les action figure sitting in a Ziploc bag and mailed it out the very next morning. As a thank you, PeakOB1 sent us some of the coolest resin prints that he had designed with ZBrush on his home computer.

The box arrived this past Saturday and Darth Daddy spent his Father's Day painting up two of the prints.

The first one I worked on was a "Return of the Jedi" Wam Lufba action figure. This was a character we had waited a longtime to add to our collection. The sculpt was beautiful and took me only about 4 hours to paint. While Wam "Bam' Lufba was one of the more Muppet-looking characters created for the film, I did a nice job giving him a gritty paintjob that helped him fit alongside Jabba's other denizens.

I also added an elastic fabric strap to the gun to complete the look.

After I completed the first figure, I then took another hour to paint up one of the four Loth-Cats that came in the package. I  made the white Loth-Cat from "Star Wars Rebels" admiring all the articulation that was packed into the design.

We were really excited to add these two new pieces to our collection displays and we are looking forward to showing you all some of the other cool pieces that PeakOB1 sent our way. Keep an eye out for Pt. 2!

"RETURN OF THE JEDI"
WAM "BAM" LUFBA
sculpt by Peak-OB1 Custom Creations
painted by Darth Daddy

"STAR WARS REBELS"
WHITE LOTH-CAT
sculpt by Peak-OB1 Custom Creations
painted by Darth Daddy

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/24/23
« Reply #1221 on: June 24, 2023, 07:21:09 AM »
Wow what an awesome story! I just followed him on FB after I had read your post. So nice of you that you helped him out. I think I have an extra El Les as well, but not complete.

By the way do you still buy lots and fodders of TCW figures for future customs?

They've become harder to find here in Germany over the past couple years - except for the main characters of course. I wish they had given us a bigger supply of Phase II Clones.

You did a really good job painting those two, indeed. I had a lot of fun reading your story and looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing this and making my Saturday brighter!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1222 on: June 24, 2023, 12:10:00 PM »
Nice paint work. Wam looks really good. I agree that his design is "muppety" but the paint job feels a little more realistic. Nice work! The Loth cat looks good too. White can be hard to get good saturation and consistency on...so nice job here too. You (and your son) always do such amazing work.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1223 on: June 24, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »
Inquisitors and Loth Cat looking on point! Great job Elias.  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1224 on: June 25, 2023, 06:09:14 AM »
Very nice. Its great to have customizing friends.

Still reeling from that FU Shaak Ti. Just a beautiful custom.

Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1225 on: July 22, 2023, 07:53:54 AM »
"THE CLONE WARS" GAMORREAN GUARD painted by Darth Daddy
We received three prints of this Gamorrean Guard from Star Wars customizer, Daniel Trujillo Jr. The prints all varied in size. They were originally produced for him by Moff Glidden's Customs. Daniel said the medium size print was the action figure that was most to scale. When Dad attempted to assemble the print, he broke one of the hip joints on the most to scale figure. Thankfully, it was clean break and we were able to krazy glue it back together. We then molded the leg, and then made a cast of the leg to salvage the project. In the end, it actually made for a stronger joint that will not be breaking anytime soon.

Once the figure was fully assembled, Dad felt the head was a bit oversized for the body based on the original Clone Wars design of the character, so Dad filled the neck hole on the torso with a little bit of glue from our glue gun, and quickly inserted the head from the smallest print of the figure to see if the smaller head would scale better. After careful inspection, he noticed this made the figure somewhat shorter, but the head size was more in line with the animated show's design. Dad then grabbed the largest print and again repeated the same trick with the smallest head to match it with the largest body. Immediately, he noticed that the silhouette was more in line with what we saw on screen.

At that point, he decided this was how he would proceed with the build. Dad felt super lucky that he had the option of even having the prints of varying size to experiment with. Dad felt a little bad manipulating the original design by swapping the proportions, but also wanted to personalize the project just a little. He momentarily considered doing his own original head sculpt, but didn't want to defile the artist's sculpt more than he already had.

We're not really sure who the original designer was for this print. Moff Glidden's Customs is a printing service and doesn't actually do any of the designing. He subscribes to other artists' Patreon accounts and pays the higher subscription fee to allow him to print their designs. Therefore, we don't know the original artist to credit them for the sculpt. Keep in mind that the proportions shown here will be much different than the product you would be purchasing.

It was very cool of Daniel Trujillo Jr. to send these out to us! Adding to The Clone Wars line is always a special treat!

"THE CLONE WARS"
GAMORREAN GUARD
created by Darth Daddy

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1226 on: July 22, 2023, 07:56:20 AM »
Wow what an awesome story! I just followed him on FB after I had read your post. So nice of you that you helped him out. I think I have an extra El Les as well, but not complete.

By the way do you still buy lots and fodders of TCW figures for future customs?

They've become harder to find here in Germany over the past couple years - except for the main characters of course. I wish they had given us a bigger supply of Phase II Clones.

You did a really good job painting those two, indeed. I had a lot of fun reading your story and looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing this and making my Saturday brighter!

We are still working off a supply of Clone Wars figures that were bought when they were still in stores. When we started making CW customs we tried to buy as much CW fodder as we could. Tunghori has been a good source for CW fodder too!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/22/23
« Reply #1227 on: July 22, 2023, 10:23:18 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of dry fitting to figure it out. But the final version looks really outstanding, so I'd say it was worth it. The paint job is great - gammy really fits in :)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1228 on: July 23, 2023, 12:44:04 AM »
Really like that Loth Cat. Great work!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1229 on: July 23, 2023, 06:05:06 AM »
Nice Gammy. I like it.

Off to the front pages.