Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/24  (Read 239423 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 3/31/19
« Reply #975 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:02 AM »
Thanks everyone!

This one I have procrastinated on for years now, but finally got it finished.

"SPIDER MAUL"
created by Darth Daddy

SEE THE BLOG FOR MORE PICTURES!
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2019/04/spider-maul-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:00:30 AM by Tamer »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 4/15/19
« Reply #976 on: April 15, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
Gorgeous!

Offline L-Jarvis customs

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lieutenant
  • You were the chosen one!
« Reply #977 on: April 15, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »
How do you get involved with the custom panel?
Remember why the Sith are more powerful than the Jedi, Sidious: because we are not afraid to feel.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #978 on: April 15, 2019, 08:08:54 PM »
As a self proclaimed darth maul super fan i would like to tell you, you did a phenomenal job! I have so much appreciation for this character an you knocked it out of the park on this one! Amazing work!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #979 on: April 15, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »
That's absolutely masterful! The amount of detail with those individual pieces for the body and the all the wiring is really amazing. This is one spectacular build.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #980 on: April 16, 2019, 03:01:23 AM »
Wow is an understatement of how cool this is. Brian, you have done a ton of great custom work, but this might be your signature piece. I mean it is just outstanding in terms of all customizing perspectives: Parts, Scale, Paint, Sculpting, greebly work, and then you add in the shock and awe factor. I am just astounded.

Off to share.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:12:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #981 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
DD you and Elias are the masters of the Clone Wars customs and this one is yet example of your amazing skills.

Ron

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #982 on: April 16, 2019, 04:42:40 AM »
How do you get involved with the custom panel?

Customs for the Kid was approached by Jamie Follis aka Star Wars customizer, Sillof who was running the panel for Celebration Anaheim. He emailed us and asked us to participate.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #983 on: April 16, 2019, 04:54:32 AM »
Thanks everyone! I really wanted to do Maul justice. There were some sacrifices made in appearance when making Maul's legs, but it was to maintain a strong solid stance, but outside of that, I really tried to keep Maul looking emaciated. So many versions I saw of Maul in his spider form had him ripped with huge muscles and I did my best to thin out his arms, chest and stomach to convey that Maul has wasted away. Making my own open-mouthed headsculpt did a lot to elongate and thin out the original Clone Wars Hasbro release of Maul. It feels really good that you have all had such nice things to say about this one, because I really wanted this one to be well received after spending so much time on him. Thanks so much for the positive comments!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:03:58 AM by darthdaddy »

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #984 on: April 16, 2019, 11:16:52 PM »
I'm already late with my comment - my apologies for that! Your Darth Maul looks outstanding! This concept reminds me of Kazdan Paratus from Raxus Prime of The Force Unleashed. The extended torso and the legs look incredible with all the parts and pieces on it!
A truly fantastic project DD! I'm most impressed once again!
I still wonder about Lucasfilm and what they've done and still do with Maul, though. Maul is just one of the best villains that died way too soon...now we saw him in SOLO, Clone Wars (he seems to be fixed on Season 6..?) and who knows if he even appears in Episode IX?!

Thanks for sharing this true masterpiece of art!

- Philipp

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2019, 07:02:03 AM »
I'm already late with my comment - my apologies for that! Your Darth Maul looks outstanding! This concept reminds me of Kazdan Paratus from Raxus Prime of The Force Unleashed. The extended torso and the legs look incredible with all the parts and pieces on it!
A truly fantastic project DD! I'm most impressed once again!
I still wonder about Lucasfilm and what they've done and still do with Maul, though. Maul is just one of the best villains that died way too soon...now we saw him in SOLO, Clone Wars (he seems to be fixed on Season 6..?) and who knows if he even appears in Episode IX?!

Thanks for sharing this true masterpiece of art!

- Philipp

Thanks Philipp! Maul was reintroduced in the last 2 episodes of Season 4 of TCW and continued to appear all the way into Star Wars Rebels. Due to events in the Rebels show, Maul will not likely appear in any future content.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2019, 02:15:49 AM »
Dad has wanted to add the Clone Wars version of Saw Gerrera to the collection for a long time now. So much so that he took it into his own hands to make it happen. The head was originally a modified Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker that Dad completely re-sculpted to more closely assemble Saw's animated persona. Dad borrowed the lower legs from the same figure and completely changed their appearance with Geen Stuff and Aves Fixit to mirror Saw's onscreen look. The arms, hands, waist and thighs were from the Clone Wars Quinlan Vos action figure. Of course those were heavily The upper part of his torso was fabricated from the top of the Clone Wars Phase II Clone Trooper. In the end though, this ended up being a 100% sculpted action figure since all the parts used were only a base on which Dad built onto.

Once Dad started Saw, I just had to make a Steela. The legs are from the Clone Wars Padme, the forearms and hands are from a Cato Parasitti. The rest of the figure was a Clone Wars Aura Sing. From there I just sculpted in everything that needed to be there.

We just loved adding this brother/sister set to our collection. Their appearance on our shelves was long overdue!

"CLONE WARS
STEELA & SAW GERRERA"
created by CUSTOMS FOR THE KID

"CLONE WARS
STEELA GERRERA"
created by Elias

"CLONE WARS - SAW GERRERA" 
created by Darth Daddy

PLENTY MORE PICTURES ON OUR BLOG:
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2019/05/clone-wars-steela-saw-gerrera-created.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:27:13 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/17/19
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2019, 02:41:45 AM »
Brilliant work as always guys.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #988 on: May 18, 2019, 05:08:48 AM »
I am still reeling from your Spider Maul Custom, but wow these look fantastic. You guys are taking your sculpting to entirely new levels.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #989 on: May 18, 2019, 10:39:22 PM »
Man...I mean, wow. The Herrera siblings are fantastic. Brilliantly executed. These are stunning examples of customizing. I continue to be amazed at the care and quality of your work.