Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/24  (Read 239275 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/10/19
« Reply #960 on: February 16, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
Both of these figures look great. Thanks for including the link to your blog posts. I appreciated the recipe/tips there. I also really appreciate how good you are about giving credit to other customizers - that's a great demonstration of integrity.

There is nothing we enjoy more than promoting other artists work. I wish I still had time to make video slideshows of different artists work the way I used to. These little shout out are all I have had time for lately. Hopefully, that can change at some point soon. Every figure we post has the recipe listed. We never do a figure post without it. Thanks for the kind comments on our figures and etiquette. -DD

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #961 on: February 16, 2019, 10:48:36 PM »
Congratulations on winning the contest you guys!
I checked this page hosting the contest three weeks ago or so when Tamer shared it the first time on here. I actually wanted to sign up there and vote for you. But then I recognized that I didn't know the other artists/contestants. So I did some research and looked up their art on google. The reason why I decided not to vote for any of the contestants is because I think it's hard or even impossible to compare their projects. They are all from different themes. I'd rather participate in another contest on here where it's one topic/theme and also comparable.
This is just my honest opinion. Please, don't get me wrong here. I just cannot judge about these customs of completely different directions. It's like comparing the quality of apples to the quality of peanuts.
I'm still happy for you that you won this contest even without my vote.

Keep up the great work guys! I really like your father & son project!

- Philipp

All the artists are winners in our book. The win had everything to do with votes and wasn't a measure of talent at all. It was nice to see Elias get recognized though. He worked hard this year.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #962 on: February 16, 2019, 10:50:42 PM »
BLOG GOT A NEW LOOK TODAY!

https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/17/19
« Reply #963 on: February 17, 2019, 08:24:42 AM »
Nice Brian, off to share on the front page. You are a great ambassador for our hobby.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2019, 03:07:55 AM »
All the artists are winners in our book. The win had everything to do with votes and wasn't a measure of talent at all. It was nice to see Elias get recognized though. He worked hard this year.

Okay, I see. Yes, I thought the same thing: This contest was all about who could generate most people voting. Elias deserves to be the winner with no doubt.
You make so many stunning customs together and I'm very happy for both of you! You can be very proud!

Last weekend during New York Toy Fair I posted a few comments on Jedi Temple Archives. And I got replies there, too. Let me put it short and frankly: I learned to appreciate our community on here once again! What I try to say here is that I'm not the kind of guy who criticizes. I just think this wasn't the best contest.

I saw your custom Z-95 on YouTube yesterday - what a cool build! And also the pilot looks awesome! Keep up the superb work, please!

- Philipp

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #965 on: March 10, 2019, 05:38:18 AM »
Thanks Phillip! I should probably post that Z-95 Collaboration now.

"Z-95 Headhunter" by Bad Batch Customs

When Bad Batch Customs started this project, we had no idea we would eventually be working on it ourselves. It all started when Bad Batch finished their LAAT-C. As soon as they wrapped the project, they asked for some input on what to tackle next.  I chimed in that if you are going to make a Clone Wars vehicle it had to be the vehicle we all begged Hasbro for, but never received...the Z-95 Headhunter. Bad Batch didn't back down from the challenge and got to work. Their fearlessness is admirable. Like all their previous projects, we got to watch the build as it progressed from its earliest stages; straight through to its completion. We watched the LED lights get installed, and the magnets get attached to the landing gear. We observed panels being cut from plastic Chinese food containers, and some Bondo applied to smooth out the lines. We just gazed on as we watched this labor of love take shape.

"PHASE II CLONE PILOT - HAWK" created by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

When the project was nearing completion, Bad Batch asked Elias if he could make a "Clone Pilot Hawk" to man the ship's controls and sit in its cockpit. Elias got right to work and had the figure completed 24 hours later. We shipped Hawk off in the mail right away to his final resting place at the home of Bad Batch Customs.  We just love how this project turned out, and we can't wait for you to lay your eyes on it. It was so much fun to be a part of. So, without further ado, hit that play button on the video below and take in all the eye candy!

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FOR ALL THE IMAGES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LFM1PQpdTM

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:41:39 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #966 on: March 10, 2019, 05:45:06 AM »

With many collectors now receiving their Jabba Sail Barges, we thought it would be a good time to let you all know about a way to enhance the instrument for your Max Rebo action figure with this cool 3-D printed accessory. For some reason, Hasbro left the speaker to Max Rebo's organ off of the instrument when it was released as a toy in stores. Star Wars customizer IzzyMel45, designed a 3-D printed version of the speaker that can be purchased on Shapeways and shipped to your home. We highly recommend purchasing one if you feel your Jabba display looks naked without it. Click the link below to order!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4EPZ8BZN9/max-rebo-organ-speaker-add-on

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 3/10/19
« Reply #967 on: March 10, 2019, 07:12:29 PM »
I really like how that pilot turned out. Fabulous paint job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #968 on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:57 AM »
Oh yeah, great project. Off to share it and your video.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #969 on: March 13, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »
DarthDaddy, thanks for sharing this great update! The Z-95 looks great! I dream of Hasbro giving us such vehicles. I'm also amazed by the Clone Pilot! It's amazing how much of a difference a wash and a little dry-brush can make! The wash highlights all the details on helmet and armour and the scratches on the shoulders add all the realism to it! Fantastic work there!

Cudos to IzzyMel45! It's awesome what one can find on shapeways nowadays...the level of detail on the speaker is impressive!

Thanks for sharing! I hope you received your Khetanna in mint condition!

- Philipp

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #970 on: March 31, 2019, 07:08:12 PM »
Hey Phillip,

Thanks for the complimentary feedback! We were fortunate and our Barge couldn't have come in better shape!

This figure was a team effort to bring to life. Dad modified the head and body of the figure, while I sculpted on her collar and painted her face and vest.  The body we used to make her was from the Star Wars "Dark Horse: Infinites" Action Figure Comic 2-Pack, with the "White Vader and Princess Leia (Sniper)". After we sanded off the pockets below the shoulders on the Sniper body, we cut the circular braid off of the figure and fused it to the head of the Black Series - "Princess Leia Organa" action figure. The soft plastic part of the dress from the Black Series figure was then modified with scissors to make the vest for the new figure. After some minor sculpting and a fresh coat of paint, we added a very much desired figure to the collection and we just love the way she looks.

3.75" THE FORCE AWAKENS
"GENERAL LEIA ORGANA"
created by Customs for the Kid

Plenty more pictures on the blog:
https://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2019/03/375-force-awakens-general-leia-organa.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 3/31/19
« Reply #971 on: April 01, 2019, 02:21:02 AM »
Spot on you two. Spot on.

Off to share.

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #972 on: April 01, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »
This is my most wanted figure from TFA.  You have done an absolutely wonderful job on this one!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #973 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:22 PM »
Leia turned out great! Nice teamwork and excellent execution.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #974 on: April 06, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »
Leia looks amazing!  Hasbro, if you're paying attention, this is the Leia we wanted from TFA!  I'm a firm advocate of more OT Cantina Aliens and Palace Denizens, but if they need a Sequel Trilogy spot filled, this would be the perfect choice.