Author Topic: Lostcauze501st's Vehicles New Ship WIP (Pic Heavy)  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Lostcauze501st's Vehicles New Ship WIP (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »
Wow, you did a bang up job for never messing with leds before. On the front page along with a question.

Thanks for sharing that link too. I so want to get a few tutorials on this in here.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
Re: Lostcauze501st's Vehicles V-Wing
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:45 AM »
The V Wing has always been one of my favorite ships from the prequels and I finally got a chance to purchase one at a local garage sale. I have seen several customizers across the web use LED lights in there vehicle customs and I have always wanted to give it a try. The idea of using LED's has always been intimidating because I have absolutely zero knowledge or know how when it comes to any form of electrical wiring or configuring. I was browsing the forums on another site and came across this store, http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ , that sells inexpensive LED light set-ups and equipment. I read a couple of tutorials on the site and decided to give it a shot. I got my package in today and after a couple of hours of tinkering came up with this.

Sorry if the picture quality isn't the best. I ordered three clear white, and two red LED's and installed them throughout the ship. The lights are connected to a switch, that I also purchased from Model Train Software, and the switch is connected to a 9 volt battery that is hidden inside the ship. I had to hollow out a large enough space for the battery to fit comfortably inside the frame. Overall it was definitely a fun experience and not as difficult as I originally thought. I added some decals and panel lined the V Wing, the wings that are over the cockpit are actually temporary tattoos that I sealed after placement.

Looks great,these tips will and the link prove helpful to many including myself........I got a tie fighter I want to light up and didn't really know where to start,I do now.
The lighting,the decal mods........makes for a nice showpiece. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
Great idea on those tattoos. Your lighting intro turned 0ut great. Sorry I missed the post about the cw anakin starfighter. That one is a piece of work, buddy!

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 05:20:54 AM »
Jaw-dropping! Not only did you pick excellent placement of the lights, but it looks professionally done. Great job!

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
That is really beautiful. Your paints are extraordinary. Smooth, man. Very smooth.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
Fantastic work on all of your vehicles!!!!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline lostcauze501st

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Hey everyone thanks for all of your comments. My next project is a Tie Advanced, this time I will take several WIP pics and try my best to do a mini tutorial.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
WOW! That looks great! Very nice work lighting this baby up!

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
Awesome! That V-wing is sweet. Love it.

Offline SharkyRivethead

• Cadet
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »
Just saw your repaint of anakins modded star fighter. The weathering you did on the engine outlet pod was the brilliant and perfect effects I've ever seen.

I've only just started custom modding. (see the "SharkyRivethead custom cross mod" thread)  I haven't touched anything like this in over 25 years. The first piece came out nice. But as progress further and the vehicles get larger. The scratch/chipping effect must change. I love how the paint actually looks like it's peeling!

Is there anyway you might be able to teach me that? So, when I mod my AT-TE and AT-AT I can achieve that effect?

Thanks Sharky.