Author Topic: Zed's Favorite Figures 2012 TOP TEN is here!!  (Read 2982 times)

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Zed's Favorite Figures 2012 TOP TEN is here!!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »
Once again Tamer thanks so much for the Front page mention and all the kind words that went with it. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
Nice review. I more or less agree with your top ten. I do have to admit that when I saw Gandalf on the pegs I snatched him up quicker than than a fat kid grabbing a snickers bar.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »
I actually overspent for Gandalf because the toys were out at Books a Million about two weeks before anywhere else.  I gleefully spent the extra because 37 years is long enough to wait for a figure LOL. 

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »
Excellent wrap-up, sir!  I own several of those and lament having missed several others (She-hulk and Scarlet Witch, yeah).  Glad to see Maul made your cut - in my book, his fig gets higher marks than the Vader - largely because, well, I'm tired of Vaders.  And that Road Pig ...  gaaaah, just LOOKING at him makes me want to build a Mad Max playset!!  Thanks for taking the time on this.  It's always an enjoyable read and I almost always find a fig I missed out on.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »
I enjoyed it too and even though we talked about our top ten on cafn it was great fun to read your take. I so agree on the Vader. I am half tempted to find myself a Gandalf now too for very much the same reasons as you (first real grown up book I ever read).

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
Excellent wrap-up, sir!  I own several of those and lament having missed several others (She-hulk and Scarlet Witch, yeah).  Glad to see Maul made your cut - in my book, his fig gets higher marks than the Vader - largely because, well, I'm tired of Vaders.  And that Road Pig ...  gaaaah, just LOOKING at him makes me want to build a Mad Max playset!!  Thanks for taking the time on this.  It's always an enjoyable read and I almost always find a fig I missed out on.

I was on a bad Vader burn out right when the Battle Damaged one came out.  I resolved not to buy another and was doing great with that until this release.  Thus I am kind of over my "sick of Vaders" although I will probably not buy another.  It's kind of liberating NOT to buy the figures Hasbro keeps insisting shoving down our face.  Then again maul kind of suffered that this year too, so there we are LOL.  Thanks for the kind words. 

I enjoyed it too and even though we talked about our top ten on cafn it was great fun to read your take. I so agree on the Vader. I am half tempted to find myself a Gandalf now too for very much the same reasons as you (first real grown up book I ever read).

Actually Hobbit was the first book I EVER read. I was five and my mom had to help me with so many of the words but she was impressed I stuck with it.  She said I never took to any books before that and I pretty much refused to read.  She was concerned for me on a developmental level (Even the comics I would get I would just read the pics not the words I actually remember making up stories to the comics as a kid, they were totally different than reality).    Not sure what it was but I know the cover with the dragon on the cover grabbed my attention and I just tore through it. 

But yeah I enjoy writing the thoughts out, even rushed I feel like I can think things through.  Thanks again.