Author Topic: That time again  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: That time again
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »
Well its still good information.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: That time again
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
I just seen this thread since it is not really posted in the right part of this forum. As we discussed on RS (and on email) there is no exact list of everything you want in order. Prices for helmets can go from $200 to $600 or even more, depending on the type of helmet, its creator, kit or finished and so on. This is because the helmets are different, they are fan made, sometimes different sellers have them at different prices. It is not like a bottle of Cola that almost always cost $X. The same helmet can cost $300 or $350 or more. I all depends on so many factors. ATA and CAP are among the cheapest out there, and still pretty cool (I have an ATA ESB TK*).

You don't need to register on 20 forums, just go on RPF http://www.therpf.com/ and FISD 501st www.whitearmor.net forums make an account and check out their For Sale/Trade threads, you can find excellent deals out there - I know I did more than once. ;-) I got there my gray fiberglass AT-AT helmet, RS Props Master/SiMan Stormie helmet, CfO ROTJ helmet, ATA Stormie lid, TE 2 TK, TE2 Sandtrooper, Sterling blaster, Elm Studios Emperor bust, Marmit Sandtrooepr figure etc.

Try to avoid ebay because there are many bad recasts made even of fiberglass os PVC - there are a few exceptions though like CfO or Trooberbay and a couple others. In the end most of the very accurate helmets go for quite big money. Just look at Tamer and his AT-AT Driver, it was not a walk in the park. Same with many of my helmets. Though I got my ESB ATA for $180 shipped internationally which was a heck of the deal. With limited budget I'd say try to save some more money, don't hurry to get a helmet NOW and then be sorry, be patient, save more $$$ and get one that is perfect.

*Legend: TK = Stormtrooper (short for Stormtrooper, after the "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?" and the 501st use for TK numbers)
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback