Author Topic: your worst injury while customizing  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Cubanpete24

• Ensign
your worst injury while customizing
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »
well, what was your worst injury while cusomizing? mine so far has been havinf the side of my hand accidentally touch the hot glue gun tip, and when I was using my exacto-knife, it accidentally slipped and cut through the tip of my index finger, it was a bloodbath.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: your worst injury while customizing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
Knock on wood but thus far all I have ever done was a few cuts and nicks with a razor blade or exacto knife. Nothing a bandaid or superglue couldn't fix.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:27:54 PM »
Great thread! One time I dripped mixed resin onto my finger where my wedding ring is. after it set up, the removal of the resin where my finger hairs tucked under the ring was somewhat painful. Other than that, only a few cuts with the x-acto while carving on resin pieces is all that I have suffered.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »
I've cut my fingers with the ol' Xacto blade MANY times, but the most annoying was super adhesive that was on my fingers and I didn't realize it, and took a little break, and then had one hell of a time getting my fingers unstuck!

Offline Cubanpete24

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
I even had a pic of the hot glue gun burn becasue it looked so bad, I took it a long time ago, planning to post in on the speederbike contest thread, but decided not to because it looked downright  disgusting

but since this is a thread all about injurys, why not.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:33:57 PM »
Dawn laughs at me all the time because I can't sit down to customize without hurting myself in one way or another... be it a burn from a soldering gun, or a burn from hot glue, or shoving a molten hot needle throuhg my finger while trying to melt a pilot hole..., or just simple nicks and cuts from the exacto knife...

I think the worst one I ever got was while I was trying to solder a conection for an led on a display stand for a fossil I'd prepared... I had the solder gun set up on the table next to me and while I tried to fit something together the power went out!  I reached over my table to grab a flashlight and my arm jabbed into the soldering gun which was still hot.. it left a nasty welping blister as well as a cut.... 

there was another time that I fumbled with the knife and it fell through my hands and my lap and landed point down in my foot... that hurt....

Offline Cubanpete24

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »
well, an updaye on my last injury, while not technially customizing, somewhat.

I left my Hot glue gun on overnight by accident, near my alarm clock, when it rung, where does my hand go? on the smoltiering hot hot glue gun tip, and the thing is I was still half a sleep, so I just left my hand there until I cam to my senses, I'm currenty pickicking at the excess hot glue that's on my skin,

ouchies.

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »
actuly to day i just cut my self on aciddent while i was makeing a custom gun it was a littel cut but so far no thats the first cut i got from customizing

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
I can't say I've ever been wounded when customizing, but my worst injury ever would have to be between when I was hit in the head with a rock or stabbed in the arm with a fork.  Both by my brother, but the rock was an accident.  The fork was when we were four.  Strange thing is I don't even know how he got the fork.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »
I don't do any crazy stuff while customizing, but occasionally my exacto slips and adds another cut in one of my right hand's fingers (I'm a lefty). One time my Dremel slipped and skidded off my index finger's fingernail. Left a nice little mark there, but since fingernails keep growing it's practically gone now.

Oh and a while ago one of my cutting discs completely broke in several pieces, while spinning at a pretty high speed. I caught a little fragment above my eyes but that's about it  ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:47:04 PM »
shew, I've had cutting wheels bust like that on me before incom.  were you wearing safety glasses?  I usually don't and I've come realy close to hitting myself in the eye with plastic shards and blown out bits....  still doesn't make me find the safety glasses though... lol

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 06:55:43 AM »
Not really a worst injury but something happened a few nights ago that I had never done. I got some super glue accelerator and was adding greeblies to a ship. I glued my pointer finger to the ship. I pulled and pulled but it wouldn't break loose. I sterilized a new exacto blade and had to cut my finger off the ship. I held the ship with my knees, pulled my finger away as much as possible and cut the glue area/1st layer of skin away from the ship. It worked out better than I thought, barely a little skin missing on the finger. Pretty funny huh?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »
Ouch. I glued my teeth together with superglue before. Took a screwdriver to break me apart. LOL. I do some stupid stuff sometimes!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »
Ouch. I glued my teeth together with superglue before. Took a screwdriver to break me apart. LOL. I do some stupid stuff sometimes!

dude, why?  How?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
I too, am curious to hear a little more on this one.