Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 525600 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy with new HS 1/6 - P18 07/05/11
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
Love this Indy Ron. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »
Hi All

CloneSniper78 - Mate glad you like him and thanks for feedback.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
Hi All

Well yet another character to add to my Raiders Collection this time the double crosser Barranca who tries to shoot Indy and then ends up being killed by the Hovito's by being killed with poison darts.

The figure and base were painted and weather using Vallejo and GW paints and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastels.

RECIPE 

1: Barranca  - The body is a TTL-V3 as are the hands, the head and shorts are from BBI the shorts were actually trousers from a WW2 Aussie digger figure and have been cut to shorts and the hair was added by using GW greenstuff.

I tried to find the same head that I used on my Monkey Man as both characters were played by Vic Tablian but with no luck so the BBI head was the closet likeness I could find to my Monkey Man custom.

The hat, singlet, Revolver, belt and holster are from Sideshow, the hat is from Belloq and has been put into boiling hot water to get the desired look and the hat band is cloth painted and then cut. 

The torn singlet is from the Bespin Luke and the belt and holster are from a Indy figure.  I couldn't get my hands on the same type of firearm Barranca used in the movie so I used a KOTCS Revolver.

The socks, boots and jacket are from Dragon, the jacket was soaked in diluted bleech and then it was given a wash of khaki and desert yellow to get the desired colour. The socks are from a turtle neck sweater, I just cut the arms off at a deisred length and folded them up.

2: Base - The base is a Indiana Jones stand and has plaster of Paris and sculpty clay added for the ground work, the soil is mulched up dirt/bark from the garden and the plants are from the local pet shop.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Barranca - ROTLA 1/6 - P19 22/05/11
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2011, 04:52:40 AM »
Wow looks great Ron.

On the front page.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »
Wow! I love the shot of the three of em in the jungle. Another great creation, Ron!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »
the outdoor shot looks really cool Ron
another masterpiece for your outstanding Indy collection

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »
barranca looks perfect Ron! That is a great match for the head sculpt. Every piece of clothing looks perfect to me and I too love the shot of the 3 of them. Sooooooo well done!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »
Hi All

Guys thanks heaps for the replies on the Indy figures this makes 6 now and 14 to go for the Raiders Collection and then onto TOD collection.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »
Hi All

Another character to add to my Raiders Collection and this time it's Jock the pilot with his pet snake Reggie. Jock was the pilot that flew Indy out of the Amazon Jungle after being chased by the Hovito Warriors.

RECIPE

1: Jock - The body is a TTL-V3 as are the hands, the head is from Dragon. The pants are from the Sideshow Indy figure, the shoes and shirt are from Dragon the shirt has had it's sleeves cut and then glued and folded to a short sleeve version.
I originally had him with bare feet and his pants rolled up but didn't like the look so went with him wearing boots which I think he would have when he first flew indy in.

I don't know if Jock actually had a name tag but in those days companies usually had them on the shirts. The name tag is paper cut to size with a black border added,  the writing was done by using the dry transfers that you use a pencil to rub off onto whatever you are using.

The AIR PIRATES logo was done by using a plastic lettering stencil and firstly using pencil and then painting over that with Matt Black. I couldn't find a dark blue baseball cap so I used a black one, sorry can't remember what company I got it from, the NY logo was again done by using a pencil and the painting over that if Matt White.

The t-shirt is actually a Aussie WW2 singlet which was soaked in bleached and then given a drybrush of Matt White. Reggie is a rubber snake I got from a two dollar shop and he was repainted. After I got the items all together they were painted with Vallejo and GW paints and slightly weathered using pastels.

2: Generic Base - This base is the same one I've been using for a lot of the new Indiana Jones characters. The stand and has plaster of Paris and sculpty clay added for the ground work, the soil is mulched up dirt/bark from the garden and the plants are from the local pet shop.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »
3 more and with Reggie

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Jock & Reggie - ROTLA 1/6 - P19 27/05/11
« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
Looks spot on to me, on the front page.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
Hi All

Tamer - Cheers Shawn I'm having a blast creating all these indy characters, now 7 down and 13 to go ;D

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #282 on: May 27, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »
Ron, Jock looks great! Love the small details you add that bring out each character. Well done as usual.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
Hi All

Spry as always mate thanks for the comments and I'll be having another character or two soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »
Hi All

This time round for my Raiders Collection is a German Soldier,  I really enjoyed about making this figure as I didn't have to be historically correct when it came to the uniform. The movie version soldiers were a mix match of uniforms and and equipement for example the figure you see here has KAR 98 ammo pouches and the weapon is a MP40 machine gun.

Once the figure was done he was painted using Vallejo and GW paints and weatherd using Vallejo and pastels.

RECIPE 

1: German Soldier - The body is a TTL-V3 as are the hands, the head is from an old BBI figure. the webbing pouches and pants are from Sideshow's German Indy, the boots, shirt, MP40 and Bread bag are from Dragon and the cap is from Soldier Story.

2: Generic Base - This base is what I'll be using for all my Indy figures that need a desert base until I get all my figures done then I'll be making bases for them. The base is a Sideshow Indy figure base and has plaster and putty fot the ground work.

Once the plaster and putty had dried I used washed river sand and to cover the base, once the sand had dried I used Vallejo paints to paint and weather the sand.

Ron