Author Topic: RCWCreations diorama's  (Read 281031 times)

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
Re: RCWCreations diorama's
« Reply #2325 on: March 30, 2023, 01:02:23 AM »
I then finished off the beams, by adding a brown wash, then dry washed with two lighter shades of brown.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/the-defiant-tiger/#30-03

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2326 on: March 30, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
I finished painting the many, many, many bottles. Each bottle was hand painted, shaded, and then finished off with a coat of matte varnish to give them a shine effect. Finally, to finish, I added magnets underneath the bar.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2327 on: March 30, 2023, 01:06:36 AM »
Until I take my final pictures, here is the Defiant Tiger in all of its splendour!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2328 on: March 30, 2023, 01:08:50 AM »

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2329 on: March 30, 2023, 01:16:32 AM »
And more, the last 2 pictures, I've tweaked using Photoshop.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2330 on: March 30, 2023, 02:57:41 AM »
First off I am glad you are feeling better.

Gotta say it. This is my favorite dio you have created. With your building, printing, painting and superb detailing on this I just can't find anything I would say needs improved. I mean nothing. I knew you were gonna rock that fire. It would be cool to see a spit with a bird or hunk of dragon cooking over that fire. I am left thinking it would be cool to see you create a roof for that too that fits around the chimney with an old placard sign for the Defiant Tiger.

Just a superb creation. Thank you so much for sharing how you did all this. So many man hours, but such a cool creation. I don't know of anyone who likes AFs at all wouldn't want this. I mean this is such a Castle Greyskull for any genre.

Off to the front pages.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2331 on: March 30, 2023, 03:03:36 AM »
First off I am glad you are feeling better.

Gotta say it. This is my favorite dio you have created. With your building, printing, painting and superb detailing on this I just can't find anything I would say needs improved. I mean nothing. I knew you were gonna rock that fire. It would be cool to see a spit with a bird or hunk of dragon cooking over that fire. I am left thinking it would be cool to see you create a roof for that too that fits around the chimney with an old placard sign for the Defiant Tiger.

Just a superb creation. Thank you so much for sharing how you did all this. So many man hours, but such a cool creation. I don't know of anyone who likes AFs at all wouldn't want this. I mean this is such a Castle Greyskull for any genre.

Off to the front pages.

Thank you so much, Shawn!  I have thought about adding a roof, and a surrounding base for this to sit in which would include some more barrels and crates around the outside, maybe even a trapdoor to the basement etc but I am now getting commission orders for other works piling up.  When they are done, I might go back and and add that stuff to this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2332 on: March 30, 2023, 03:11:15 AM »
I could imagine you getting a lifetime of work just making more of these. Thousands of D and D guys will drool over this. I mean every adventure starts off in a Tavern. I mean Prancing Pony anyone? Such fun and such superb detail. I feel like such a geek marveling at all the little things this has from how you did the bar and the kegs and the layout, etc. I have seen you create some fantastic things, but this is just all encompassing. You deserve every comission you get off of this.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2333 on: March 30, 2023, 03:15:34 AM »
Thanks buddy but my next commission will be coming from a planet far away, it'll take you back in time and far into the future!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2334 on: April 24, 2023, 03:18:42 PM »
Okay...so I've been "out-of-loop" for a few weeks, and look at what you've accomplished! The "Defiant Tiger" is absolutely gorgeous! The details are amazing. I love that you've figured out so much about printing. The paint job looks excellent. This is simply a masterpiece...so inspiring!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2335 on: April 26, 2023, 02:14:26 AM »
Okay...so I've been "out-of-loop" for a few weeks, and look at what you've accomplished! The "Defiant Tiger" is absolutely gorgeous! The details are amazing. I love that you've figured out so much about printing. The paint job looks excellent. This is simply a masterpiece...so inspiring!

Thanks buddy!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2336 on: April 26, 2023, 02:54:22 AM »
A few weeks ago I was commissioned to build a Doctor Who diorama for the first Doctor. From what I learnt from my tavern piece with 3D printing, I decided to use it again to build the console.  I found files from a guy who made the 1st Doctor's console and I have used them for my client. After printing off 3 other console bases I finally got a decent print. I have now finished printing off all the accessories for the console and it is now ready to paint.

My next step is to build the control room, where I have cut out the foam board for the 3 walls to which I now need to cut the holes (the round things).

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/doctor-whos-1st-tardis/#26-04

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2337 on: April 26, 2023, 03:03:28 AM »
It has to feel good to just be able to print what you want. You are getting this 3D printing thing down to a science.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2338 on: April 26, 2023, 12:11:33 PM »
Wow, that looks great! Sounds like it was a challenge to get the print right.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #2339 on: May 12, 2023, 12:53:13 AM »
I’ve been working on the commission of Doctor Who’s 1st Tardis Control Room. All console parts have been printed and I’ve added undercoated.

I’ve started working on the control room, using 2 pieces of 6 mm foam board for the inner walls. I used an apple corer to make the round things for the two walls. I have started to shape the third wall to represent the Fault locator wall. The wall still needs a little more work.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/doctor-whos-1st-tardis/#12-05