Author Topic: DIO pictures  (Read 864 times)

Offline beast from the east

• Lieutenant
  • I am Merman
    • My websites
DIO pictures
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »
I love taking pictures of my figures in action poses and what not. I have done a few dio stories(thats what we call them) I bought a light tent so I can get the best pics possible of a scene. My 2 boys always watch me and sometimes help ge things ready and set the figures up. Finally one day we were finished takling pics of my figures and I went to take them off my camera to edit and post and left everythng up. I heard them in the the other room and behold they brought down their figures from the bedrooms and played with them in my tent. I had to take a few pics of them that day and another time they played with my tent. They set their figures ups outside of the tent and want me to take a pic of it.I do.

Here's a few pics.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DIO pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »
Your light box looks pretty cool. Tell us a little about it.

Offline beast from the east

• Lieutenant
  • I am Merman
    • My websites
Re: DIO pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »
The quality of my pictuure in the house went up a few notches since I bought this last christmas.Thanks Santa!  :P

For better pictures you want to have alot of light.You don't want to use a flash cause what happns is that you get that ; what I call that sunspot; and the pics look terrible. I hate looking at other ppl pic with them and I usually post on how to take a better pic.For night or dark pics is a big challenge. Know your camera and its setting to get a good pic out of your setup.

The light tent
Cost: roughly $100 CAD(got it locally)
Ideally you want to make everything fit in the 16"X"16 but it can open up further.This is a decent size.Alot of the Hasbro backgrounds fit in mine. The tent defuses the light so its all around the subject instead of shining on it.

After you are done with it, it folds up and looks like a briefcase somewhat.You have to take the lights out of the sockets and the sockets are unscrewed and there is a compartment for each light and socket (X2)So with that, storage is pretty sweet.

I love my tent.The only thing I don't like is having 2 seperate cords to plug in. I have a power bar for it so I have enough outlets without unplugging something .

Thats about it.  Any more questions about it I will answer them.  :D