Poll

What should i get?

Xbox 360
16 (72.7%)
ps3
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Should i get a xbox360 or ps3?  (Read 5177 times)

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
Should i get a xbox360 or ps3?
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
I cant decide if i should get a 360 or a ps3 :-\?Aney one have a idea?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Should i get a xbox360 or ps3?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
ahhh the PS3 an overpriced breadbin with the spiderman 2 font on it (that has a nasty habit of going bang)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »
I love my 360, it gets my vote

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
I like my PS3 alot. Had it since they came out. No fees for online play, no red ring of death, plenty of good games and other functions. Love watching Blue Ray movies with it.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
dont know anyone over here who has had a ps3 that hasn't failed just out of warranty .out of the 2 its the 360  but i dont own either (why settle for a stilted console when i have some awesome games that will never appear on a console plus my p.c. will slap any console down and i dont pay online gaming fees either !. nuff said!(and to think i used to be a console maniac) The P.C. rules!!!

right i'm off to play BF2142 or Company of Heroes or Dawn of War online whilst surfing the net whilst  listening to I-tunes ...you cant do THAT on a console! lol  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:52:43 PM by wraithnine »

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
Xbox 360. Playing online cost money, but it's a much better online service than the PS3 offers. It's also got a much wider range of games, and much better games. You can't play Gears of War, Halo, or Mass Effect on the PS3. Just go with the Xbox. Seeing as how the SECOND Xbox, is a large competitor to the THIRD PlayStation, then it's obviously doing better.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
Well I don't know anyone with a ps3 that has failed. Everyone I know who has an xbox360 has had to replace it, some more than once.

The ps1 came out like 4 years before the first x-box, captain. That means that the technology of the first x-box was kind of on par with the ps2, likewise with the 360/ps3 although the latter has the stronger processor. The owners and producers of both will always bicker back and forth about who is better.
  Free is free as far as online play goes. Why should you pay $60 for a title and then pay more to play it online?

I never got into playing games on the PC, Jay. It just never felt the same to me.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
I'm one person you know that never has had a problem with his 360 ;)

I think that like any new item the first ones generally have more issues than later releases, therefor I feel that the overheating with the 360s have been resolved, so any you will find in the stores shouldn't have a problem.  That and keep it placed where there is air flow, like any thing with fans for cooling built in.

Realistically it's prefernace only, I like the games offered and the other items I can do with my 360, mine has been trouble free for the 3 years or so I have had it, I clean it regulary to get rid of dust but I do that with all my electronics,

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
I'm one person you know that never has had a problem with his 360 ;)

I think that like any new item the first ones generally have more issues than later releases, therefor I feel that the overheating with the 360s have been resolved, so any you will find in the stores shouldn't have a problem.  That and keep it placed where there is air flow, like any thing with fans for cooling built in.

Realistically it's prefernace only, I like the games offered and the other items I can do with my 360, mine has been trouble free for the 3 years or so I have had it, I clean it regulary to get rid of dust but I do that with all my electronics,
My bad buddy, I meant everyone I know locally. "I think I knew you had one" I hear you on the preference thing. I have just been hooked on the sony consoles ever since I got my ps1, many years ago.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »
to each his own.......... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 05:55:47 PM »
As some of you know I too am eager to get a gaming console and at this stage I am not sure, but I love Halo, Gears of War, and was blown away by that new Mass Effect game even though I have no experience outside of Halo I played on PC. For PC, I love the Blizzard Ent. games like Starcraft, Warcraft, but I have never had a joystick last as long as I needed it too, but that could just be a hardware issue. I think as far as games Xbox has the console wars won. Clint what games are exclusive to PS3 that are kick butt? I have recieved word that my over 50 inch widescreen LCD tv is coming for xmas next year and I aim to have a console at the same time. Knowing me I will get one only to have something new come out the next year.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
I'm not as hardcore a gamer as I used to be but off the top of my head, I believe that Gran tourismo, Warhawk, Final Fantasy, Resistance, MAG, Ratchet and clank, Jak and daxter, God of War, Prince of persia and Metal Gear are all PS exclusives. I'm not sure about the whole metal gear series but I believe the latest one still is.  I'm sure there are more but I don't keep track of it like I used to.
  Newer 360s have an HDMI output, don't they, Wayne?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:49:31 PM by Clonehead »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
i have actually owned and in some cases still own   a.... Game Boy,Game Gear,Atari Lynx,Atari Jaguar,Mega Drive(genesis),Mega CD,Super Nintendo(U.S.version),N64,GameCube,Playstation1 ,Sega Saturn ,DreamCast ,Sony PSP ,Xbox,DS and aNintendo Wii.

the only ones i still own are  the Xbox,DS,Gamecube and the wii

The Xbox was Far superior to the PS2 resident evil 4 looked terrible on the PS2  ,the cube version was the best one ! graphically i consider the Gamecube to be better than both the Xbox and the PS2 but unfortunatly Nintendo are idiots .

Kept the xbox for games like Battlefront 1/2 and Secret weapons over normandy ,GTA series,Halo 1/2
the cube for Rogue Leader,Starfox Adventures ,zelda the windwaker...plus others
Wii(cos its a family console ...and it plays my cube games...lol)
and the D.S . because i'd forgotten i still had it!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:12:57 PM by wraithnine »

Offline Darth Abshir

• Rookie Customizer
  • Commander
  • DarthAbshir
    • http://www.starwars.com
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
Xbox 360 is way better but ps3 has free internet ;D so Xbox is ok

"Keep Collecting and May the Force be with you"

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
I want an Xbox 360 but since for me $150 is really hard to get I'm saving my money for the new AT-AT this fall. Then when I get more money I'll definaltely get the Xbox 360 Elite.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"