Author Topic: Hi Guys I am back in the collecting Arena  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Hi Guys I am back in the collecting Arena
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:10:22 PM »
Ok guys I am quiting collecting everything I was collecting until I can get back on my feet.

Due to a few reasons - 1 being that due to my workmans comp we only have Teresa's wage coming and I am not eligible to get any money whatsoever of the government over here (have tried and they say I must have worked between 2009 and 2010, and it was tough that I was out of work for 2 years).  2 the fact that due to cold weather and snow we have received has had an affect on the house we live in and has caused damage to our floors and we need the plumbing completely redone (unknown to us the guy who Teresa bought the house off over 20 years ago had put part plastic pipe and part galvanized pipe in the house, well we move to present day, actually today and due to the snow and cold weather we have had to have a plumber in to fix the plumbing we found out about the galvanized pipe and also the fact we didn't have an outlet outside the house, so we are pretty much screwed).

Also on top of that the plumbing has caused major damage to the floors, and rotted two of our floors (we have wood floors), in the bathrooms due to the fact that the pipes have been damaged.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:03:58 PM by Cimter »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Hi Guys I am out of the Collecting Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Man, those are some really tough breaks.  I'm sorry to hear all of that.  Still, I know we'll do what we can, so post a full list of what you have and see what happens.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems, buddy. Hopefully things get better before some of these new goodies come out.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
Its ok guys Teresa says I can still keep my collection just can't add to it, well until we are in a more financial better situation (she is great like that, although saying that I may be getting rid of my Vintage star wars figures).

But I will be back, just don't know when but I hope it's soon.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »
Michael, sorry to hear about these new problems. We usualy don't have this cold weather for so long here. Who is your plumber? I know a few in the area if you need any advice let me know. Plumbers are pretty expensive it seems...good luck buddy. Glad to hear you don't have to sell what you have so far.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
Sorry to hear this type of story. Bad things happen to good people it seems. I seem to have similar luck.

Offline CloneCaptainV2224

• Clone Trooper helmet customs
  • Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:26:10 AM »
wow. ur personal life is more important! hope it will be everything good for ya'!

Vlad I.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that,

Collecting is only a hobby and you don't need toys to have a love of Star Wars or to have fun with it,    I hope the situation improves quickly and you can get back into the full collecting swing of things soon.

The home repairs, are unfortunate, and I feel your pain my friend, we have had some issues with "hidden" items in our 8 years in our current home,  Not fun.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys, and L.E. especially for you wanting to help, we did get the work done and it wasn't to dear, still made us broke for a short while, just need to tighten up the belt.

I will be back, "hey it's me".

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
And I am back, wow what a last couple of weeks I have had, first just let me say a big thank you for all the kind words, and encouragement people have given me.

Now onto the good news YES at last I am joining the chain gang again (I start work tomorrow, doing Phone Order/Sales Clerk work in a call center - so yes Boo Hiss).  It is part time and I am still going to be looking for work closer to home, however I have a start and I begin my training tomorrow and I don't know how permanent it's going to be yet because I have to get through my training, but I am hoping I shouldn't have to hard a time getting through it, I work from 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm Monday to Friday and every other Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, not looking forward to the Saturday shift as I have never worked a Saturday shift in my life.

We had another leak in the bathroom but it wasn't to severe this time, and I got the guy who we hired to take out the downstairs sink and toilet (whoever was in this house before us has really screwed up the house (mind you my wife Teresa has had the house for 20 years so I am surprised the place is still standing), he was supposed to be one of those do it yourself people - well he did it and got to give him credit the botches he made has lasted for 20 years now unfortunately because the house is now paid for and our responsibility then everything has decided to go wrong, lol).

And then this Sunday I got a call from England telling me my Uncle had died, mind you he had a good lifespan he was 92 years old and considering he was a prisoner of the Japanese back in the war and they tortured him, can't be bad can it, I can't say we were close because I would be lieing but his family and mine were close seeing he married my mothers sister, my Auntie passed away before I met Teresa actually the same year I met Teresa and I was close to her.

So this is just a little update to let you know where I have been and what's been going on.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
Re: Hi Guys I am back in the collecting Arena
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
Good to hear!! You kept positive and it paid off. You'll get the job you're looking for eventually. Hope things keep going your way like this!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull