Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52197 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
Well, the baby girl got her first "big" "action figger" today.  She picked out a "Medical Frigate Leia" as the one she had to have.  She plans to customize it, or so she says. 

I picked up the SL#14 Darth Maul with fabric cloak, THINKING it had a ball-joint head.  Wow, was I disappointed.  The articulation on this dude SUX!!  Only one elbow is articulated.  Only one wrist is articulated.  The blades do not come off the lightsaber.  The head is NOT a ball-post head.  No ankle articulation.  Holy crow, guys - you can do better than this!  I guess the legs and torso would work for a pirate-type fig...if I can find a proper head...  "Comes with Battle Gear!"  Some consolation...

Brendan picked up a couple of figs - the Ugnaught and Trinto Duaba. 

I've been writing Fixer fiction hard and heavy this week, as you've noticed over in the Imperial Library.  I've been trying to write 250 words a day as part of a "Write A Novel With Me" project by Holly Lisle, an awesome fantasy writer.  I've also done a bunch of picture-taking, both as story illustrations and in general.

I'm waiting on some 20+ pieces of customizing fodder to arrive from various sources, mainly figures, but including an EU/concept speeder-bike.  I think I have enough projects - and prolly supplies - to last me until I die of OLD age!!  Reckon that means I shouldn't be bored.   ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »
I know the feeling of having enough project material to last through retirment, Doc. Just the model kits alone would fill that task not to mention Star Wars stuff.
Oh, and you got a 99 cent Vader from me you dog! LOL

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
I was appalled!  That should have gone plenty higher, imo.  Besides, I am *usually* death on 99-cent auctions - if I bid on a cool one, it goes up fast...  Oh, well - I got a kool one!!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »
You may recall I've been pondering the exact style of construction for the 'Station.  Well, I had thought I might use the Regula 1 from Star Trek because I have a set of deckplans for it.  Then I thought I might use the XQ-2 from the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games, because they are, well, in-universe.  Well, the Regula is round and the XQ-series is hexagonal.

TA-DAAA!!!  I found a website today that has floorplans for a generic base that is hexagonal!!  Now I need to research back and double-check just how big the base is and how big the XQ-1 is, but I may have found my winner!!  Definite ideas at any rate...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:38 AM »
can't wait to see those construction pics!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 05:46:38 AM »
can't wait to see those construction pics!

hope he has permits for the buildings...lol

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
Glorious idea blown to hell.  The XQ-series of stations appeared 5 years BBY.  Outland Station is a lot older than that.  Back to the Regula-series, it seems!  Well, that or I start building a whole new style... which I was trying to avoid, so as to use existing pics.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »
Doc, I wouldn't abandon that idear too soon. We see all kinds of wierd time reference issues with ships, vehicles, etc. in the SW universe. Maybe Outland Station first started out as a top secret research or observation facility in the time frame you have in mind!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »
A prototype.  *snicker*  That would explain some things...   8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
A prototype.  *snicker*  That would explain some things...   8)

Think about all the neat little surprises the station could be harboring!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »
Local holiday had the courier runs overloaded today.  Rebe and I made a shuttle run to pick up some goodies for a party this evening - it is Keke's birthday today.  Along the way, I picked up a Rebound speeder-bike that needs some bodywork and a paint-job before it is ready to ride.  I also got a small model of a GAR Attack Shuttle to use in picture-taking for a dio-story idea I had.  So we got back to the station and I started disassembling the 'bike and the courier struck!

In came two more packages!

One was a power-loader for the cargo-docks I found through my contacts on the 'Yards.  Lieutenant Dane from the Macy Jade is already checking it out.  The other was an older model speeder-bike I got from a collector/dealer over in Numexia Sector.  I've already got it disassembled, as well.

I keep hearing rumors that the station is going to be picking up a couple dozen new residents, but so far the only one to arrive has been a deactivated B2 Super Battle Droid.  I'm not concerned yet, I've heard the holiday has impacted most routine courier shipping schedules, so I'll just take what comes.

Looks like I'll be primering a couple of speeder-bikes in the next couple of days.

In other station news, the botanical section is growing along nicely, occasionally producing consumables for the station.  Looking forward to having Botanicals up and running like it should, so that we can stop importing so much of our consumables.  The Cona-Hens continue to produce enough eggs that we can trade the surplus away on a regular basis.

I've also been working on my writing quite a bit lately.  I've been making fantastic - to me - progress!  I've opted to write a story about Fixer and the rise of the Empire.  I hope to involve Outland Station in the story in the near future.  Nothing like free advertising by getting your locale in a widely-read piece of popular fiction!

Manufacturing is setting up to create some new molds.  I had the chance to look over the masters they are setting up and I'm hopeful that these will turn out well.  Everyone needs shipping containers and tool-kits, right?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
Well Happy Birthday Keke! Glad to hear the station is getting some parts too. Its good to hear the plants are doing good. My maters are a growing too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »
Give some birthday wishes to the little one. Yes, shipping containers and tool kits would be nice additions.
  Good to hear that the loader showed up.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2009, 02:23:47 AM »
That loader looks good with that pilot in it!
Looks like one of my workbenches.