Author Topic: Rogue Jedi's custom figures  (Read 40905 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rogue Jedi's custom figures
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
Wow, what a great Jurassic Park Update. I can't wait to get some of this on the front page tomorrow.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2013, 04:50:27 AM »
woooooooooooooooow :O no words are enough, looks complety awesome this updated I love jurassic park since I was kid, great figures the allosaurus rocks 

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
Thanks Mandalore_1992. I was a huge fan of JP as a kid as well and when my son started showing an interest in dinosaurs I introduced to him to JP and it rekindled my appreciation for it as well and I wanted to do something special for him so he could have some fun JP toy memories. I scored a bunch of the old dino toys on E-bay but rather than try and score the old figures as well I wanted to give him figures that would be in scale with what's out today. That being said I had a great time working on these and while I still have a few more to make here and there I'm a little disappointed that the bulk of it is completed. On a plus note now that this project is all but wrapped up I am once again able to focus on Star Wars customs.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
Holy massive update Batman! Loving your JP line! The dinosaur you built is really well done and great job with all those figures.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
Way Cool!  Impressive all around.  I need to pull out the old Jurassic Park from the VHS box in the closet now!

Offline clonedenal

• Ensign
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 01:52:40 AM »
hi Rogue Jedi i was just wondering what head and hat did you use for the Robert Muldoon figure ? i planning on making him. he is my favourite character ;D (i know what body i'm going to use) thanks 8)
Clones are the best. Enough said.

()rr

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 04:07:32 AM »
Both the head and the hat came from GI Joe Figures. For the head I used SGT Airbourne from the GI Joe 25th anniversary line and the hat came from the Recondo figure from the Pursuit of Cobra line. Hope that helps! Post a pic when you finish it I'd love to see it!

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
Finally got the body in to finish up Robert Muldoon and will post the pics later today. Also as you may or may not know I am in the military; specifically I work in dental (for the other military members pog...I know). I am currently in the process of applying to school that will build on what I already know and be more in tune with my interests, give me a backup plan should I get out before I finish my degree (need at least a masters to do anything useful with my degree plan) and also help me further refine my skills in customizing while hopefully taking it to a new level. The school is for dental lab tech (making crowns, dentures, implants, etc...) and in preparation for it I have been making wax models of heads from scratch. I currently have made 4 so far; A generic Nimbanel (what Mosep Binneed is), Jaxxon, Dashade (the creepy looking alien from the holiday special) and a realistic Zim from Invader Zim. When I post the updated Robert Muldoon I will also post these...now on to the actual question:

I have watched the tutorials on making molds and have made a few using dental impression materials that have expired but my stock on that is running out and while I have looked into mold making materials as well as resins for casting there are too many products out there and I don't know what I should go with so I need some good info from the members of the community who make molds/casts on what products to use to 1. Make molds and 2. To make the casts so that they have roughly the same consistency as the materials that Hasbro uses.

Thanks in advance for the help and I'll post those pics later today.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »
Alright back with one new custom and a few wax sculpts.
Robert Muldoon with his final body.

A few wax sculpts I've been working on (also please read the above post by me and if you have any good info on mold making products and resin materials for casting please let me know).
Jaxxon (not finished; His ears will be cast separate and then "plugged" into the head sculpt before casting and then the two casts will be married)

Generic Nimbanel (not finished and not entirely happy with this one...need to sharpen the features)

Realistic Invader Zim (finished)

Dashade (not finished; still need to sculpt the lower jaw and shape up the back of the head)

Realistic Kif from Futurama (almost finished)

On top of these at some point I also plan on sculpting the following: Fly Guy and the Colonel from the cantina as well as the cat faced guy from the Holiday special, realistic Zoidberg and Morbo from Futurama, Realistic Alf, Big Gizz and Spiker (helmet), Furlag and Skor and Halsey to name a few. Any way again if anyone has any info about good mold materials and casting resins please let me know. Thanks!

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
 Wow! All are great, especially your Bonciosaurus. Tell your boy that Taxer Tex is fantastic. That guy looks like he's been through the ringer and back again.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
A couple more sculpts in progress;

Tawss Khaa

A Verpine

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2013, 06:56:03 AM »
Very nice work. I love seeing all if the original sculpts. Good to see someone else is making Jaxon! Keep up the great work! Just wondering why there is glitter in your sculpts?

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
Thanks for the compliments Sprywalker...yeah the glitter...More times than not I find myself working on these sculpts on my back porch once my kids have gone to bed and recently my wife also used that area to work on a Tinkerbell costume for one or my daughters that involved covering a pair of shoes in copious amounts of glitter. Needless to say her glitter shoe mess ended up getting in the mix of the wax I'm using and walaa glitter infused sculpts.  ;D

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »
Cool Stuff!  Are you just sitting on the back porch whittling these out?  Oh and not to sound like a know-it-all but I believe it is spelled "voila" not "walaa".  French, I think.  Anyway, can't wait to see the end result.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2013, 01:29:22 AM »
Jedi Minstrel for the most part I work on these here and there once my kids have gone to sleep and generally do it on the back porch or sitting next to my wife while she (and I depending on what she's watching) watches T.V. Every so often I'll start one during downtime at work. And yeah I think you are right about the voila. Also I've been trying to get info on good mold making materials and casting resins so I can start making these to paint and use so any info on good products to look into would be great!