Author Topic: Sith_fire30 12/31/2012 ALIEN Update NOV 12! p21!!  (Read 50779 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Yeah, I agree Chad. With Dayton's great Malgus I am afraid I am gonna be so dissapointed with the new Hasbro release. I can't wait to see what Sith Fire 30 shows us next.
i've seen the picture of that figure,and am not impressed as of yet,of course dayton's stuff always blows Hasbro's out of the water.

Offline Trandoshanslaver1138

• let the "experts" handle this.
  • Lieutenant
  • a sceduled break
all of your work leaves me speachless :o especially your Starkiller sculpture. apsolutely amazing!
...Jareth Sartoris never found out what ICO Austin had seen back there.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
ya know... I was watching the special features on the star wars blu ray and I was watching all the concept artwork and talk about the original sculptures of each figure....

and all I could think about were your customs and why your not working for a special effects studio!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Beautiful work as always.  If only a toy manufacturer would release your figures.  I'd want them all.  Totally love your Furlag.  I love the detail you capture in the eyes of your figures.  Whenever I look at your work I walk away feeling like I still have so much to learn.  Especially with my sculpting and painting.  It's really cool to see what can be accomplished.  I also need to update your video on the blog now that you have so many new finished pieces.  I'm definitely going to start working on that soon. 

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
ya know... I was watching the special features on the star wars blu ray and I was watching all the concept artwork and talk about the original sculptures of each figure....

and all I could think about were your customs and why your not working for a special effects studio!

Thanks Spudafett! It's one of those old videos "From Star Wars to jedi" that inspired me to get into this - the small maquettes that were created for possible characters in Jabba's palace. I'd love to do that stuff :) 

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Beautiful work as always.  If only a toy manufacturer would release your figures.  I'd want them all.  Totally love your Furlag.  I love the detail you capture in the eyes of your figures.  Whenever I look at your work I walk away feeling like I still have so much to learn.  Especially with my sculpting and painting.  It's really cool to see what can be accomplished.  I also need to update your video on the blog now that you have so many new finished pieces.  I'm definitely going to start working on that soon. 

Just saw the video for all the talent for 2011 - very cool! Thanks DD!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
We just got a FB Update and figured he might want this here:

http://sithfire.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-alien-territory.html

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Re: Sith_fire30 Creations - 1/22 ALIEN update - SF30 Blog!! p16
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »
Thanks Tamer!!!

Hey guys!

Like Tamer said I just posted up a new blog entry over at Sith_fire30 Creations focusing on the past months work on characters and sets from the 1979 motion picture ALIEN.

http://sithfire.blogspot.com/

Ash falling apart...

Sets buing built...

Suits being suited...

and Kane before dinner...

Plus some updates on a few other Star Wars universe pieces nearing completion or returning to the workbench...

Cybernetic Starkiller is back on the workbench having his arms and torso sculpted. Removed the tubing to complete the upper body sculpt - look forward to getting work done on the legs soon.

Sculpting for the HUGE Vong Commander Tsalok from the Dark Horse comic series Star Wars: Invasion in complete! This guy is HEAVY!!! He's ready to be painted up!

Speaking of paint - a few more return to the brush the next couple weeks....including this lady...

"Hey guy - I'm up here!!!" - LOL!

Get all the info you need on these and more pieces I'm working on with my latest blog entry...also find out what insanity I have planned next - and as always thanks to you guys for your continued support!

Much more to come!!!   

sith_fire30
http://sithfire.blogspot.com/

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Sith_fire30 Creations - 1/22- ALIEN update and more!! SF30 Blog! p.16
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »
I don't know why you're not making at least a six figure salary working for somebody that makes action figures. Your work should be on the shelves of every collector and in every kid's toy box.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
Dang, nice update sith_fire30!

Offline BugSkirt

• Lieutenant
    • BugSkirt's Workshop
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2012, 05:50:06 AM »
I blame Sith_fire30!

Great update but you ruined my sleep.   vadsab

Had bad "Alien" dreams last night.  I wonder where that came from?  Any ideas?

Lol
We had 5 POA in '78...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:44 AM »
Freaking awesome Dayton. Back on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
Dayton, I am mesmerized by the work you have on display here! I couldn't agree more with Clonesniper78's comment! The details on the clothing, the space suits and the head sculpts are simply amazing! Man I hope to get a chance to own one of your creations one day...

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:43 PM »
"Milk" Ash is a fave here; looks absolutely phenomenal!  Your sculpting on Kane is some of the best work I've seen from you and, you know, you're not half bad.   ;)

I am in awe of the patience you've obviously put into the wall paneling for the Nostromo: very, very impressive!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Borto

• Borto
  • Cadet
  • "We take what is given."
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »
Fantastic work, Malgus, Morgan Corde, The twins, The Vong, all of it truly works of art. Thanks for sharing w/ us all.
restoring, reading, researching, all of the aboce.....