Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34538 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: Star Wars Episdoe VII
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »
Does anyone here just absolutely love 'pop' music?

I sure as hell don't and I don't know anyone who does aside from teenage girls.

Putting JJ Abrahms in charge of Star Wars is like asking Miley Cyrus to do a Black Sabbath cover.   

Offline CheesyKNAC

• Cadet
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
It's called evolution in design and advancement in technology!!! Sounds like some people just want to see the same old thing rehashed over and over. Time for change!!  Step outside your bubble. I'm looking forward to a fresh take on things and new stuff to collect.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:03:50 PM by CheesyKNAC »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
It's called evolution in design and advancement in technology!!! Sounds like some people just want to see the same old thing rehashed over and over. Time for change!!  Step outside your bubble. I'm looking forward to a fresh take on things and new stuff to collect.

No, no. We just don't particularly like it that's all. My opinion is my opinion, you can laugh it off as just funny stuff or you can get ugly. I don't recommend the latter. No one is attacking you buddy.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
I guess what I personally am trying to say is Star Wars is elegant and very classic. These designs represent neither. They're too modern. I don't agree with that direction if that is actually the one they're taking. This photo may not even be real.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »
I kind of like the new stormtrooper helmet design. Somehow it looks more sinister than the original. Star Wars has always been a study in extremes for me. Good and evil, light and dark, love and hate, technology and mysticism. For every new hi tech stormtrooper we will see Im hoping we shall also be inundated with a new bevy of brown and tan robed Jedi. If Luke does indeed become the Grand Master of a New Jedi Order then perhaps he institutes a return to the ways of The Old Republic Jedi, in homage to his mentors Yoda and Obi Wan. So hopefully as Abrams has hinted will will have old style puppets and guys in suits as well as legions of CGI stormtroopers. Only time will tell.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
Still on the fence about these. They look really sleek, maybe too much so. Although the second helmet does have that OT concept art feel to it. To me, at least.

Then again, I just came back from the mid 70s. There were rumours about a new sci-fi fantasy flick. Something something something dark side and all that. Anyway, some guy had acquired set pictures. Althoug a bit grainy, I could clearly see a spaceship that literally looked like a hamburger that someone had taken a bit off. Also some helmets, that were just football helmets with some stuff slapped on....

;)

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2014, 01:34:58 AM »
To each his own opinion on this new Stormie helmet. I stand with my original opinion of not liking it.
I do not like this new Stormtrooper helmet and if this is the direction Jar Jar Abrams is taking Star Wars then I have some doubts in this new Star Wars.  I really want the new movies to be good, please let them be good!

Mr. Black nailed the word that eluded me yesterday. The new Stormie helmet looks too "sleek". Thank you Mr. Black!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
A pic from Pinterest:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:06 AM »
jkno,  that picture you posted looks decent. The helmet has been enhanced by the artist so that we can see the eye lenses better, which improves the over all look. It does have more of a concept art feel, but I'm gonna give the credit to the artist and not the model we've seen in the photographs.

I was thinking last night. Perhaps these helmet are incomplete. They do seem to be missing something. I was also thinking that I would accept this more if it were a Droid of some kind.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »
Yepper everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this and its a fact that JJ is gonna do somethings we don't like, just as any director (even if it was George again).

As for the helmet I think I will have to get used to it. I can definitely see there being a need for evolution of the classic design. I think the big thing with me might not be the sleek look to it as the eyes. They kind of make me think of the TMNT Masks. Perhaps if they didn't use black lenses?

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »
I like the new Stormtroopers helmets.  A bit of a change but nothing too drastic. Looking forward to seeing more.

Anyone see the leaked Han Solo costume sketches? When I first saw the picture of him in the brown coat, I instantly thought "Blade Runner".  Anyone else think that or was it just me? lol.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Episode-7-Costumes-Han-Solo-Leak-Online-66791.html

"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
Yepper, I saw those too. They look fine to me, I guess we all kind of know what Han Solo would look like older. Same kind of costume as before just a different color pallet.

Looks like a cold weather planet is in the film.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »

Gotta have at least one Walker plodding along right? I hope so!

Offline DarthLeere

• Cadet
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2014, 01:44:10 AM »
I'm sure I WILL have to get used to a whole new look just so Abrams can put his lil stamp into the Star Wars universe. But with that being said I think it is stupid. The whole thing just seems like a stunt to me. I mean the new movie is gonna bring in huge amounts of cash for both JJ and Disney so I don't really see what the point is in changing something so engrained into the Star Wars like the image of a stormtrooper helmet. The kids watching won't be able to tell the difference but all of us older fans will,  which would just give us another reason to become dissallusioned. To me it a risky and pointless stunt. And all for what? A new look, so hasbro can sell somthing new that kids will buy bc daddy already has one that looks like the old one?!? Would love to here some other opinions!
Darth Leere
DARTH LEERE

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:53 AM »

Gotta have at least one Walker plodding along right? I hope so!

PS Maybe the thread title needs a change due to its spelling error ;)
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback