Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 34532 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
I remember seeing that walker footage somewhere and it sure made me happy. Good call on that spelling error too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2014, 08:00:49 AM »
Its a lot better than the title they had. It was something like A new beginning.
One of the titles was an ancient fear. I thought that was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:57:18 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
Its a lot better than the title they had. It was something like A new beginning.

I guess, I wasn't aware the force was asleep though. I guess it has me curious though.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »
When I first heard of the title I felt "meh" about it. To me it sounds more like a name for a comic book. If we think about it though, the name could mean a few different scenarios.

The Force Awakens..
Emperor Palpatine? Maybe he's been resurrected or cloned somehow.
Leia? Remember Yoda's comment "There is another."
The Solo kids? Ben?

Only time will tell though. Looking forward to it.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
Yeah the title isn't the best but I'm sure it refers to the dark side of the force. The awakening is the long delayed conflict between the light and the dark sides after ep.6.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:12:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2014, 11:04:17 AM »
The Ep.7 trailer:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Episode 7 Teaser Trailer
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
I figured with the release of the teaser it needed its own discussion post, if you haven't seen it yet its on youtube.

I thought it was good it showed a lot without giving away anything, a lot of ppl are complaining about the new saber I for one thought it made sense. If Luke had that saber in ESB he would still have a hand. The ball droid was interesting but not sure if its a transforming droid like the Droid Federation droids or if its stuck as a ball which would make no sense. However no one can argue the best shot was the Falcon in a dog fight on the planets surface. The Falcon even had a new communications disc. That's my thoughts and things I seen whats yours? Please feel free to let us know.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: Episode 7 Teaser Trailer
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Very excited to see the trailer. I noticed the X-Wings have blue paint on them, so perhaps we're looking at Blue Squadron? Loved to see the Falcon and TIEs again. The X-Wings do look a bit different, I wonder if the TIEs are any different. Only thing I was disappointed in was not seeing Luke, Han or Leia.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
Very excited to see the trailer. I noticed the X-Wings have blue paint on them, so perhaps we're looking at Blue Squadron? Loved to see the Falcon and TIEs again. The X-Wings do look a bit different, I wonder if the TIEs are any different. Only thing I was disappointed in was not seeing Luke, Han or Leia.

Well I got a feeling Luke Leia and Hans roles are as mentors not actual stars. Like ANH Obi Wan compared to Prequal Obi.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
It looks pretty cool. I like the graphics and the fact its shot on film. I'm wondering if the new looking "stormtroopers" are like the new republic soldiers and the chrome ones are obviously imperial remnants. The falcon looks cool obviously new planets. I might get excited.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:56:56 PM by JDeck »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2014, 06:41:54 AM »
Not too impressed.

This scene reminds me of Spaceballs:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »
I think I like the design of the new X-wings...at the very least they're keeping it quite faithful to the "worn and beat up" looks of the old X-wings but slightly refreshed design...kind of like 1967 Camaro and 2013 Camaro.... The Sith's sword is interesting...not sure how I feel about the little "guards" on the handle...the fact we see two CLASSIC TIEs chasing the Millennium Falcon....tells me there's something going on.....not sure I like the new Trooper helmets, but that scene kinda look like a police APC or something....Maybe we will see a Troop transport of some sort? That big rocket bike is interesting...and the character...might this be the daughter of one of the main characters?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
I've read a thought, and I think it's a good one, that the new style lightsaber the Sith wields is actually a much older one, before the Old Republic, and that the awakening they refer to is an ancient Sith.  If we take into account that the prophesy said that there would be one who would bring balance to the Force, that being Anakin, and he killed Palpatine leaving Luke and Anakin: Balance.  With Vader dying, and the need for the Force to be balanced, it would mean that there would have to exist a Sith in the universe.  Perhaps he's been asleep, or missing from the galaxy, but he's back?  Time will tell, I guess, and I'm that much more excited for the whole thing!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:23 AM »
I like the look of the trailer just enough to keep me excited. Would have been better with a walker though!