Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 18533 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2023, 12:21:53 PM »
Yeah, the latest episode is supposed to be good, very good even. After I heard the hype of many people, I went ahead and watched some scenes of the episode on YouTube. Glad you finally had a good time watching TBB. The music is a big part of it for me and vibes from the Lucas era are always precious.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2023, 07:08:09 AM »
I agree this episode was the best I can remember. Man, I didn't want it to end. Seeing Cody and Crosshair starting to come to terms with the fact they might have chose the wrong side and trying to figure out at what lengths to obey orders.

It kind of just feels like a continuation of TCW and we are seeing what happens as the clones are "phased" out. With the contempt the Empire is starting to treat them it will be interesting to see if they find a safe haven for them. Wow, can you imagine them going to Mandalore to take it off Imperial hands! Yes, yes I know that won't fly, but a guy can dream.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2023, 04:21:04 PM »
Question!! Which is worse??? Having to sit through another sphincter spewing episode of this Banhtha Poodoo or having to sit through the commercials on a streaming service with which I already pay a monthly fee??????

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2023, 04:11:30 PM »
Well, this report will be short and sweet.
Once again, for some reason I'll never understand, the BBB show that they cannot operate as a clandestine special ops force and/or procure the gear/funds necessary to carry out their operations.
Once again nomega places the BBB is mortal danger.
Once again the BBB have to bail her out.
The "pod race" was totally predictable and very very boring to watch.
Another YAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN episode.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2023, 04:03:08 AM »
Yeah, that pod racing episode was meh I do agree.

And now the latest is a mix of Indiana Jones, Fifth Element, mixed with a dash of Mechagodzilla and War of the Worlds. I swear I was waiting to see what other movie story they copied.

Of course sprinkled with Omega dashing where none dare to tread. It was way better than the pod racing episode though.

Cmon new season of Mandalorian!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2023, 09:52:35 AM »
Loved seeing Gungi again! Something about a wookie jedi is just awesome.  0//
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2023, 12:52:27 PM »
I still haven't watched last weeks episode.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »
I liked the episode. Mainly because I like Wookiees. I was thinking before the episode, I might be done with the series, because I almost completely forgot about it. I always watch Wednesday morning on my so called day off, before I do my day off work. It was good, I liked it. There are more hints that Omega is force sensitive. I liked they explored more into Kashyyyk and Wookiee culture.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »
I liked the episode. Mainly because I like Wookiees. I was thinking before the episode, I might be done with the series, because I almost completely forgot about it. I always watch Wednesday morning on my so called day off, before I do my day off work. It was good, I liked it. There are more hints that Omega is force sensitive. I liked they explored more into Kashyyyk and Wookiee culture.

It's the most we've learned about wookies since Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR 1/2) and Jedi: Fallen Order.

Those are probably some of the bigger titles that expanded wookie culture.

I think the next episode should be very interesting: "The Clone Conspiracy." 
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2023, 05:23:49 PM »
Sounds good, maybe it'll be another crosshair episode. Being a history guy, I like when they explore the transition from Republic to Empire.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2023, 06:03:43 AM »
I agree this was a good episode. Kinda sad they can't just live in peace, but of course this parallels so many other things.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »
Finally watched the last 2 episodes.
The Entombed episode had 3 redeeming qualities.
Other than that BOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.
Definitely a fill in, fluff, gotta put something on the air episode.
The redeeming qualities were Filoni paying homage to 3 other scifi/fantasy masterpieces.
1. The Heart of the Mountain is a tribute to the Arkenstone from the Hobbit series.
2. The removal of the Heart of the Mountain and the subsequent collapse of the stone structure
was a tribute to the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
3. The MONSTER OF DESTRUCTION was a tribute to just about every Godzilla movie.
Other than that pretty much a snooze fest.
The bad thing though was that Nomega didn't get buried under 50,000 tons of falling rock and was never seen again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 10:26:52 AM by DarthHawk »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2023, 02:47:38 AM »
This two-fer was great! A lot to unpack. Loved Senator Chuchi sticking up for the clones. Great to see Rex and Echo getting involved in helping their brothers. It just amazes me how Palpatine can manipulate every situation no matter what. And I'm curious to see what will happen now that Rampart is exposed.  ()rr

I guess this episode pushes home... Omega is a kid. And just like Gungi, due to galactic events she is being robbed of her childhood.

Oh, yes. And the Clone Assassin. I guess this is a rehash of the Covert Ops clone troopers concept from legends.

Synopsis: The Covert Ops clone troopers were elite clone troopers serving with the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. These troopers were mainly assigned to perform "dirty work" that most clones would find questionable and unethical, mainly finding and eliminating clone troopers who've deserted the army.

Link: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Covert_Ops_clone_trooper

Can you imagine what fate it would be if this is what happened to Captain Howzer? Or other clones who try to leave the Empire? Will clone troopers still get their pension? What is the future of aging clones? Will we see Commander Fox? Cody? Gregor?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:26:51 AM by RC-1136 »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2023, 07:50:38 PM »
It was a cool pair of episodes. I liked how it showed the Empire still functioning as a Republic. Sometimes I think the rebels were wrong about, if something doesn't go your way, you just take up arms and overthrow the government. Doesn't seem very democratic.
Granted Palpatine manipulated the narrative about the clones participation in the destruction of Kamino, but he wasn't entirely wrong. A military made up of volunteers and citizens makes sense, as opposed to clones.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2023, 03:57:11 PM »
Quick question.
Since all clones are identical in appearance why didn't the rogue clone just put on some everyday clothes or at least a different outfit and slip out of town and off planet using public transportation?