Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 136169 times)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs 10/20 Weyland/Yutani Covert Ops Squad
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
These are so sweet!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »
truelly some epic updates my friend!!! I love your Squad!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #782 on: October 21, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Wow, I see so much goodness in here I don't know what I want to front page, but I will get one of em up there. Nice work.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Oh yea, I have to agree with Shawn, you are on fire! Great update! Love your new squad, the ultimate mash up we shall call it. Great choices annd little touches that make them all there own verse, so to speak. The Ronto is so killer! I love the paint scheme and can't wait to see what else you are doing for the gas mask project.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Here is a quick mod I did of a GI Joe "Airtight" fig I got in a trade.  His chest armor and gasmask were donated to needy Borg, and I decided to zombify the remains.  So, presenting Zombie Airtight!

"Log entry 23.  This is First Sergeant Conrad Hauser.  This is the first notification of death I've had to do in what seems like forever.  We lost Kurt Schnurr aka Airtight three days ago.  This log entry has my personal comments, and audio/visual recording from the lab.

It all started three days ago.  A Joe team consisting of Stalker, Recondo, Spirit and Rock & Roll intercepted a Cobra convoy.  In the ensuing firefight, Recondo managed to snag a cannister of "Compound Z".  The lab boys were beside themselves...we've been trying for months to grab a sample.  It turns out our good fortune was anything but.  The cannister was brought to The Pit for analysis.  The lab team (Airtight, Mainframe, Breaker and Lifeline) were suited up.  Airtight and Lifeline were in the saferoom, the other two were in the adjoining monitor room.  Airtight was the designated handler, due to his previous experience with biological warfare items.  Things went bad right from the start.

The cannister was rigged with a microdetonator, filled with a new type of high-grade acid.  The detonator went off in Airtight's hand, and instantly disintegrated his mask and lower jaw.  The cannister it self then blew, releasing "Compound Z" into the saferoom.  Kurt was dead and reanimated before his body even hit the floor.  Lifeline barely managed to escape before the blastdoors closed and the incineration protocol was initiated.

I've never seen anything like this, General.  Cobra isn't messing around anymore.  Gone are the days of the absurd "Weather Dominators" and such.  This "Compound Z" is the deadliest, scariest thing I've ever seen.  Cobra has the ability to raise the dead.  Zombies are real, and they are our newest top-tier threat.  I'm requesting authorization of re-enlistment of all retired Joes.  We're gonna need to go at this with everything we have.  I firmly believe that Cobra Commander will use this menace on the population.  Lifeline will be in therapy for months before he's released back into active duty.  Duke out, end of log.  What comes next are the pics from the security cameras, as well as audio of the incident."

AIRTIGHT: "Ok, this is Airtight in the saferoom with my buddy Lifeline.  Say hello, Lifeline."
LIFELINE: "Hello, Lifeline."
AIRTIGHT: "Hardy-har-har.  Everyone's a comedian.  Ok, on the the new toy Recondo got for me.  This is the one and only sample of the "Compound Z" we've been hearing rumblings of for months.  We don't know what it does, exactly...but Cobra seems to hold it in high regard."
LIFELINE: "I bet it's some new metal polish for Destro's dome (laugh)!"
AIRTIGHT: "Let's find out...the cannister is approximatley one foot long and six inches around.  It is metallic in nature and...hmm.  What IS this?"
LIFELINE: "What is what?"
AIRTIGHT: "This right he...(explosion heard, screaming and gurgling)
LIFELINE: "OH MY GOD!  AIRTIGHT HAS BEEN COMPROMISED!  SHUT THE BLASTDOOR!  SHUT THE BLASTDO..."
...end of transmission...

Just a super-quick zombie mod.  Based the entire figure and repainted the entire thing.  The hands are from a Blanx Alpha.  No big deal, just fun to make.  And the story was fun too.  Thanks for tuning in!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
Haha nice zombie nod !!!

Offline Apocalyptic Customs

• Apoc,the strange one
  • Cadet
    • Apocalyptic custom designs
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
Truly great work here man your stuff ROCKS can't wait to see more from you keep up the great work!!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs 10/23 MANDO KOMBAT! ROUND 1!
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
After many, many months of languishing in WIP hell, my Mortal Kombat-inspired Mandalorians are finished!  Big thanks to Sith Happens aka Sanitarium Customs for getting my the buckets I needed swift as a whistle.  Here are the first two Kombatants.  Both of them include "special effects" base on in-game moves, and both have had the static wrists of the Jango fig removed and replaced with more articulate ones.  They even feature additional hands for the "special move" poses.  Enjoy!

MANDO KOMBAT!  ROUND ONE, SUB-ZERO VS. SCORPION!  FIGHT!

PLAYER ONE: SUB-ZERO!
The Lin Kuei clan have been Mandos almost as long as Mandos have had clans.  Known for their scrict adherence to an internal code of honor, they are none-the-less fierce warriors.  The Mando bounty hunter known as Sub-Zero is actually the second to bear that codename in the clan.  Bi-Han was the first Sub-Zero, and was killed by longtime rival "Scorpion" of the Shirai Ryu clan.  The new Sub-Zero, Kuai Liang, has taken up his brother's beskar'gam in memoriam and has vowed revenge against Scorpion.  His armor boasts a "freezer pack"...a specially moddified backpack mounted cryo-generator.  It is capable of creating instant-freezing blasts.   Sub-Zero utilizes the blasts to create slippery ice obstacles, iced-up weapons or even freeze live tissue.  He weilds a cold-saber (like a darksaber or lightsaber...only made of ice), a custom blaster and twin holstered pistols.  His facial scar was recieved during a training exercise and is the only way to distinguish him from his brother.

Special effect!  This is from a M.A.R.S. toy I got from Dollar General, spruced up a bit.  It's meant to represent his "slippery ice" special move.  I attempted to give his gauntlets a "frosted over" look, kinda visible in the pics.

PLAYER TWO: SCORPION!
Hanzo Hasashi, of the clan Shirai Ryu is better known by his codename "Scorpion".  As deadly a hunter as any, he is utterly remorseless and ruthless.  A percived slight by the Mando called Sub-Zero left Scorpion to hate the Lin Kuei member with an unbridled passion...ultimately leading Scorpion to murder Sub-Zero in cold blood.  Shortly thereafter, Scorpion's ship was attacked by raiders and shot down over Tattooine.  Scorpion survived the crash, but was horribly disfigured.  He had a surgeon reconstruct his face into the skull-like visage he now wears.  He will remove his helmet before finishing an opponent and gaze down at them, saying "Look into the face of your death and know despair".  Scorpion's preferred weapons are a pair of swords sheathed on his jetpack, a custom bladed blaster and a chain-attached throwing knife that ejects from his guantlet.  He often taunts his quarry, yelling "GET OVER HERE!" or "COME HERE!", whilst spearing them with his knife and reeling them in.  His jetpack has been specially modified as well, granting him mind-blowing agility.  He'll often appear before a target and quickly "jump" around them, seemingly in a split second.

Special Effect!  This emulates Scorpion's infamous kunai attack.

Thanks for tuning in!  Reptile and Cyber-Smoke up next!  I really shoulda got a couple 'a shots of them fighting.  Totally forgot!

• Apoc,the strange one
  • Cadet
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs 10/23 MANDO KOMBAT! ROUND ONE!
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
WOW  :o!!! These are great I love the design on them. How about a Shao Kahn too? I mean is it possible?

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »
super cool, the blue one is my fave!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2012, 05:00:03 AM »
Sweet! Glad to see you used the Airtight i gotcha! These look so cool! That zombie is SCARY!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #791 on: October 24, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
great X-over there D O......... sub zero so cool (no pun intended  ;D)

I'd like to see you make my favourite character Raiden done in beskar........go on.........Finish HIM!!  :)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #792 on: October 24, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
Now this is a crossover !!! Mk is still one of my favorite games . I hope you do more  of the characters  I would really like to see what you come up with . 

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #793 on: October 24, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I'll be posting pics of Reptile and Cyber-Smoke shortly.  I have Mileena in WIP stage, and a Jedi Raiden also in the works.  If I can snag a couple more McQuarrie Concept Boba figs with the alternate head sI'll make a Cyrax and Sector.

• Apoc,the strange one
  • Cadet
« Reply #794 on: October 24, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I'll be posting pics of Reptile and Cyber-Smoke shortly.  I have Mileena in WIP stage, and a Jedi Raiden also in the works.  If I can snag a couple more McQuarrie Concept Boba figs with the alternate head sI'll make a Cyrax and Sector.
WE ALL WANT TO SEE MORE NOW!!! These are truly awesome Darth Op make sure you tell me when you get more of them up ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:01:41 PM by mrapocalypse2020 »