Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 136170 times)

Offline Sector_15

• Lieutenant
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs 09/10 Steampunk Borg Drone
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
Great stuff. I like them a lot.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  Here are completed pics of my Steampunk Borg Drone, complete with smokestack.  He's a "cut 'n' paste" (aka a kitbash), but was sooo freakin' fun to make.  I CANNOT stop makin' these Blanx Alphas into Borg!  Resistance is futile indeed!

And here he is with my "standard" Drone

The base body is a Blanx Alpha buck, the legs and feet are from a TCW Magnadroid.  The "cog" armor and belt are from an Iron Man fig, the collar is from the armored vest from a GI Joe Iron Grenadier, the tank backpack is from a Spy Kids 2 fig, eyepiece is from a 25th Commando Snake Eyes, weapon arm is a mostly a Battledroid blaster and a GI Joe gun.  The abdominal armor is cut down from the removeable Wookie Warrior shin armor.  His thigh plates are the shoulder plates from the removeable armor vest from a TCW Weequay Pirate, shoulder plates are from a TCW Cold Weather Rex.  Oh, and lots of random greeblies and hoses and wires and stuff.  Lots.

that the size sith saber you need?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »
Michael the SP Borg looks great! You are doing some awesome work with the Blanks figures. I love it!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
Super awesome man

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
Thanks, guys. These are really fun to make. I've got a couple more Blanx left, but I'm quickly running outta bits to Borg them with. I wanna make a female drone before I run outta greeblies.

Benjani: yup!  Perfect!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
really cool  !!! Excellent use of parts  I would love too see what you come up with for the female drone   All the best

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #741 on: September 14, 2012, 04:12:43 AM »
Thanks, guys. These are really fun to make. I've got a couple more Blanx left, but I'm quickly running outta bits to Borg them with. I wanna make a female drone before I run outta greeblies.

Benjani: yup!  Perfect!

it's yours.....ready to ship  vadsab

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #742 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
Hey DO

Sorry for the delay matey – but work has been hell for me over the last six weeks but things are now coming back to normal and I’ve spent a great while pouring over all of you latest customs!! I’ve really enjoyed having a catch up of your work with a steaming mug of tea!
My highlights have been…

1.)Your USCMC Marines. You and I both LOVE Aliens – and I can’t believe just how many of these bad boys you’ve been cranking out! I lve Cpl Stevenson the Medic (he is also a reminder that I need to make my own Doc!)

PFC Chen rocks! I love the buils and pain apps on this guy.  But my all-time favourite has to be Riker and that Exo-Suit!! That is bada$$ beyond belief matey, I utterly love everything about this build, the parts, the paint and the details – utterly excellent work mate!

2.)Your use of the Blanx Alphas to create ST Borg are mind-blowingly good! You have really raised the bar for using the Blanx as a base – I wish more folk would get into using them – the possibilities are almost endless! That SteamPunk version is my total favourite though!

3.)Your Mortal Kombat Mandos are brilliant – lovely parts choices and paint work as always! I love the blue apps on SZ – they look great!

Sorry I left it so long to comment old buddy – but I have had a great time catching up with your work! I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

All the very best,
Ray

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #743 on: September 25, 2012, 03:32:46 AM »
hey DO........lightsaber for the predator was posted last week,just letting you know

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #744 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
Really is an interesting concept...I'm not a Star Trek fan myself, but this is a great-looking figure in its own right regardless.  I particularly love the gear choices and the weaponized right arm; awesome work!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #745 on: September 27, 2012, 04:50:44 AM »
Hey, everybody!  Thanks for the support. Haven't posted in a long while, you know...life and stuff. Anyhow, I hope to get a few more WIP pics up tonight, nothing completed since last update. Thanks again!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs Returns! 09/29! ALL NEW! ALL DIFFERENT!
« Reply #746 on: September 29, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
After a loooong hiatus, I'm happy to report that I am back.  Kinda.  Anyhow, on to the customs!

Rodian Borg Drone built on a Blanx Alpha buck.  Iron Man armor added, Cobra BAT modded weapon arm, GI Joe Airtight gasmask, part of a TIE fighter helmet, a thermal detonator from the RC/SBD comic two pack, POTF2 Greedo, armor from a TCW Weequay Pirate from the Battlepack and lots of wires, hoses and whatnot.

My two standard Drones.  I freaking love making these Borg Drones from the Blanx Alphas.  I've got another Drone in the works, along with a Queen(!).

Mostly done Ghostbuster.  He's got an opening ghost trap, PKE meter (with extendable tines), radio, goggles and an as-of-yet-unnamed piece of ghostbustering apparati.  All gear is removeable.  He'll also have a "beam" special effect for the proton wand, and (hopefully) a special effect for the trap as well.  I really love this figure.

Quick pic of the crew of the Red Dragon rogue AT-AT.  Mo' betta pics to come!  And yes, some of them are POTF2 figs.  Wanna make something of it?  LOL.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2012, 04:24:10 AM »
Oh wow DO there's some great skill on display there! But that Ghostbuster takes the biscuit!! I've always fancied trying one myself but I doubt that I could ever top that guy! He is amazing! Honestly I'm gob-smacked, can't wait to see more pics of him! I'd love to see you partner him up with a SteamPunk Ghostbuster too!!

Best wishes

Ray

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2012, 04:30:33 AM »
The borg is AWESOME! I cannot wait to see the others and i cannot wait to see more pics of that rogue AT-AT squad! :D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
Oh yeah! Love that Rougue Dragon crew. Back on the front page.