Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 136164 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
this guy is just all kinds of awesome.sweeter then yoo hoo.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2011, 04:40:33 AM »
Oh man I love it! Very well done and I love your ideas about him one uping everyone with his weaponry! Great use of the IM suit! The paint work is awesome and shows a lot of skiils you have developed.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs, now with Transformers!
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
Taking a break on SW figs while I wait on parts to arrive (and another paycheck), so here are some pics of one of my Transformer customs.  Pardon the dust, he's been on the shelves for a while.

This is Optimus Prime's and Ultra Magnus' other brother, Decimus Major  (Dex).  Dex led a small team that patrolled the outer-rim territories...dealing justice to pirates, smugglers and Decepticons.  A no-nonsense leader, Decimus is beloved by his loyal crew, but is seen as sort of a hardcase by the Autobot Council.  His broadsword "Voyager" is able to download any special abilities from a defeated foe directly into Dex's spark core.  Anywho, this custom was made using a bootleg Laser Optimus Prime I got online.  It has held up surprisingly well, and is the same size as the original, sometimes the bootlegs are smaller.  Since I wanted him to fit in with my store-bought Transformers he has a "clean" paint job.

Decimus Major (Dex), armed with concussion rifle and broadsword "Voyager".

Also, here is a teaser for my Junkion Tribe!  Individual shots and alt-modes to come.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2011, 06:55:16 AM »
Nice transformers!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »
 Bar-weep-gra-nar-weep-nini-bon!!!

Oh my gosh! Those Junkions look magnificent!!!  :o
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:16:05 PM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »
Thanks! Here are more Transformers.  This set was completed about 2-3 years ago and are really the first pieces I attempted to do any sort of weathering on.  I'd always just done "clean" paint jobs.  These have mud splatter on the tires/treads and paint scuffs.  Beginner stuff, really...but everyone's gotta start somewhere.  I aplogize in advance for the poor picture quality.  It seems my camera is finicky.  Sometimes the pics are GREAT, other times they are blurry and grainy...but the setings are the same.  Oh, well.

The Autobot Black Ops squad "Shadowhunters". 

Squad Leader: Groundpounder.  Loyal to the Autobot cause, GP is a natural leader.  Always cheerful, without being annoying, he keeps the other two in line.

Demolitions Expert: Ballistic.  He's thiiiis close to being a Decepticon.  Surly and mean, he refuses to wear an Autobot sigil.  A promise he made long ago keeps him a good guy.

Sniper: Longshot.  Top Shot of Cybertron 26 mega-cycles straight.  Acts a counter-point to both Groundpounder and Ballistic. 

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »
Amazing black ops squad, awesome transformers!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
I promise I will get to the future fett, but wow I love the custom transformer images, on the front page.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
They really are more than meets the eye.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
Awesome!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2011, 06:47:50 PM »
great job on those TF.did you do a G1 head swap on the movie style bonecrusher body?if so that's just genius.can't want to see the junkions.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:18:44 AM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »
JediMindTrix...the Movie Bonecrusher has a Robots in Disquise Wedge head-swap.  The Movie Wreckage body has a head-swap from a Universe Megatron, w/ extra magnetic weaponry, while the Universe Megatron body got a new head from a generic dollar store fig, and a tank barrel/sniper rifle from another Movie Bonecrusher.

Thanks for the support!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »
...and now back to Star Wars figs.

Latest member of the Mythosaur Squad, Mandalorian warriors based on the Generation One Dinobots from Transformers.

This is Snarl.  He hates everything.  He only begrudgingly follows Grimlock's orders, and then usually gripes and grumbles the entire mission.  He's only happy when he's destroying something.  Combat is his only joy.

The fins on his shoulder armor are the visual link to the spines of the original's beast mode, and the mace is a link to the spiked tail of a real stegosaurus.
Different lighting:

Only two more (Slag & Sludge) to go!  I have an idea for Slag (triceratops) that will tie into his beast mode, but I have NO idea what I'm going to do w/ Sludge (brontosaurus).

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »
Nice job!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2011, 04:29:59 PM »
Wanted to stop in and say how much I like your concept for a Fett progeny; Ra'Zhar Fett looks very nice.  Nice backstory and informational tidbits too: laser-blocking farts...LMAO!

Another nice job on the Grimlock-inspired Mando; the spiked pauldron creates that visual connection between the TF version and this guy.  Really liking this one!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!