Author Topic: New York Toy Fair 2012  (Read 16738 times)

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Re: New York Toy Fair 2012
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
I knew you would be pretty disappointed in TCW Line Up Jay, but it sounds like they are going to make some realistic figures from TCW Series like Ahsoka and Obi-Wan so perhaps that might cheer you a bit. Perhaps not.

I think right now I am most excited by the idea of a Carbon Freeze Exclusive. I know its six figures including what sounds like a gorgeous new Bespin Leia, but I am hoping we see a new carbon freeze playset. From what I can glean so far it is just a cardback or packaging design exclusive to SDCC while the regular version will be on special foil cards. Either way I am a bit excited, but hope its an actual freeze playset.

Dan shows us what Freezo Jar Jar looks like. Absolutely hilarious.

AWESOME.  I hope it's a freeze playset.  the old POTJ one was cool, but I'm dying for a new detailed playset of some type.  I can hope, right? :)

Even if it's just packaging, I am very excited for a carbon freeze Jar Jar.  Hasbro will have my money either way this SDCC.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
doesnt help that scalpers are hoovering up all the new figs out of the first wave  only found 2 cody's and thats it .. :(  no phase 2 clones  which is really peeing me off

Well just ask your American brothers Jay. We can hook you up. Even I am seeing these figures for once. I think because its a movie year that all will eventually see these though. It is gonna be a good year to be a SW Collector since they seem to stock figures once there is a movie out. That was sure the way it was with ROTS! So far, for me, it looks to be the same way.

Back onto Toy Fair, its sounds like the MTT will actually electronically roll out the droids. I can't wait to see a video of that. I hope Hasbro includes one with the panel they send us. I can't wait to get my hands on those high rez images!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
Hasbro will have my money either way this SDCC.

I am right there with you Guy. They haven't gotten my money for a few years, but it seems this year I will be shelling out the cash, especially if it does include a freeze chamber.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »
Hasbro will have my money either way this SDCC.

I am right there with you Guy. They haven't gotten my money for a few years, but it seems this year I will be shelling out the cash, especially if it does include a freeze chamber.

ah it seems just packaging like last year's death star set... so no chamber.

wow, just looking at the reports, looks like Hasbro is really going to have a lot of my dough this year, not just star wars, but marvel universe, and the new joe movie stuff too.
WOW.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
Flaccideagle was indeed correct in that this is a packaging design, not an actual freezing chamber playset, but I am still sold enough to go for it I do believe.

I would like to thank Paul and Chuck from JTA for shedding some light on this and giving us some great pics.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
I found this perusing FB via Sithlord229 (great SW Reviewer if you haven't seen him) who got this from BanthaSkull. Take a look at the Old Republic Trooper. Wow!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
The folks at the Yak just put up an awesome set of images. Take a look at a close up of the Bespin Leia. I will have to see her in hand, but it looks like the best version of her that has ever been produced to my eyes!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
Well I think all of TOR Figures might just be coming home with me if I see them after first glance. These are the ones that are really standing out to me so far. Ofcourse the Luke is just a no brainer to an TESB Freak like me. The TCW Realistic Ahsoka just looks outstanding to me as does Galen Marek (Starkiller). Thanks once again to Yakface.com who have put up a superb Presentation Room Gallery.

Ok, that is all for me for today. I don't think the hasbro panel are even going to be released till Monday so that will probably mean Tuesday till I can find the time to upload em into our gallery. I would also think that we will get some high rez images hasbro has on file now for some of those so I will see if I can find any of those for your viewing pleasure tomorrow. Let me know which characters you really want to see high rez so I can make those pics priority. Poor little tamer and his daggone slow internet does make this a chore. Feel free to share what you have found yourself folks, but please give credit to the source as thats only fair.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »
i must say as a Clone Wars collector (not that we exist according to Hasbro) i am very very very disappointed................. ??? >:(
I agree...maybe we will be treated in 2013

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/Galleries/nytf-2012-hasbro-star-wars-high-rez

I found a few high resolution images from Hasbro. Surely that Wolffe has to make some folks smile.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/Galleries/nytf-2012-hasbro-star-wars-high-rez

I found a few high resolution images from Hasbro. Surely that Wolffe has to make some folks smile.

I think I am going to get the Wolffe and Rex, but add their new helmets to my old models of them...give 'em a bit of an update with all the articulation they had before. I am diggin' the Ahsoka and Obi-Wan models. :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
I would think that Wolffe Helmet is gonna make quite a few customs (Regular Fordo Body comes to mind) among others. I am anxious to see how it looks on a regular trooper body.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 08:21:36 PM »
I would think that Wolffe Helmet is gonna make quite a few customs (Regular Fordo Body comes to mind) among others. I am anxious to see how it looks on a regular trooper body.
I will certainly post it when I get my hands on him and Rex. :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:22 AM »
That sounds great to me Botwt.

Speaking of unofficial things that may have leaked at TF 2012, Potf2.com is reporting these are coming:

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »
I am simply amazed at this years waves of TVC star wars figures coming out this year.i myself love the look to them,and am looking forward to hunting down everyone of them.whatever i don't find in stores i'm hoping i'll get at celebration VI.