Author Topic: customs subthreads...  (Read 2632 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
customs subthreads...
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
I was wondering what it would take for regular customs posters to have their own subthreads to showcase their customs?  kind of like the best of sections over at st6, clint knows what I'm talking about...

this may help people like clint, tamer, doc, and me who have LONG threads going to better organize stuff into individual posts that people can access and see a little eisier.  I know that new members alot of times miss things from the begining of these long threads because they don't want to sift through all the posts...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: customs subthreads...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
We are thinking about offering our custom folks a little forum love. Stay tuned.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
spread the love man spead the love

yeah it needs some tlc...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
Y'know... I was wondering how to better arrange my posts so as to better showcase my customs.  The only approach I came up with that I felt had any merit was to have a "master-index" thread that only I could post on and posts would be a single pic of the custom that linked to a thread dedicated to that custom's pics and discussion.  Then, the index thread could be pinned to the top for easy reference.  I think that would bog down in the pinnings, tho - that would really need a "Galleries" forum under Customs and Dioramas where the index threads were run and then the individual customs threads would run, as normal, in the Customs forum.

Can you tell I cut my file-organizing teeth on MS-DOS computers?   8)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »
Well you could create a thread where you just had text links to that part of your customs thread.
Make up a title for a project and make it a link to the right page or even reply of your customs thread. You could even post a pic in front of every link. It would take some dedication especially in my case.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 09:21:10 PM »
well....

I still think that for members who have done, lets throw out an arbitrary number, 10-20 custom figures they should be given a subfourum in the customs forum in which is theirs to post in and moderate...  maybe that's too much trouble, but at least just to post all their stuff into.

I know st6 has the "best of member's showcase" forum sections in which so called "power members" can post individual threads for each custom, keeping everything organized and all discussions on track to each custom instead of everything jumbled together. 

Here however there are ALOT more members and this may prove to be too much work for you guys to put it all together... 

Clint, if you get a chance flip over to st6 and look down at the bottom to see how they have it set up, if you havn't ever looked down there b4 that is.

btw... If you guys want to add another mod to the team I'd be willing to lend a helping hand.  I only view the customs sections and a few others so I don't know how much help I'd realy be... but I'm on here enough!