Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 525598 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - ROTLA Map room entry WIP 22/01/11
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
Hi All

Tamer - Yeah it seems like it been going on for that long, it did start way earlier then usual. We get some sunny days but when it does it's damn hot and humid.

I was watching the news last night and damn the snow is incredible, I really feel sorry for them as it looks bloody freezing and I hope everyone over there stays safe.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »
Yes, good to hear from you ron. Glad all is well, hang in there man!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2011, 04:46:48 PM »
Hi All

Luke Sprywalker - Thanks Spry and finally got my river sand to finish of the Map Room entrance, I'll have WIP pics in the next day or two.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2011, 05:56:41 AM »
Sounds great Ron. Good luck! I am getting ready to post a new Indy figure in my thread.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2011, 06:50:58 AM »
looking so forward seeing this build continue!!

BTW working hard on your Indy artwork you suggested some time ago  :D more to come, soon.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
Hi All

Thanks guys and just been tryingto get the right mix for the sand and plaster but not to long to go. And Art really looking forward to seeing them mate.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
Hi All

Well here is a little update just some plaster and paint added. The pics from left to right is the order I did them in.

Pic 1: I used plaster of paris and fine washed river sand and PVA/Woodglue and mixed it all together. Once all parts were mixed add the water until you come up with a mixture that is soft but not runny.

While the mixture is drying I got a wide brush and dipped it in water and lightly stroked it over the mixture to tone down the clumps. Finally I got a pair of SS Indy shoes and started pushing them into the almost dried mixture.

Pic 2: Once the mixture has completely dried I painted it using Vallejo's Beige Brown.

Pic 3: I then used Vallejo's Desert Yellow and dried brushed over the top of the Beige Brown. I did in total 4 coats of dry brushing.

Pic 4: I then used Vallejo's Dark Sand and gave it 4 coats. Also the stone was given a drybrush of Games Workshop's Snake Bite Leather then Beastial Brown.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - ROTLA Map room entry WIP 15/02/11
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 05:18:41 AM »
Looking good Ron! Have you seen the Indy Toy Fare news?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:26 AM »
Hi All

Luke Sprywalker - Thanks Spry slowing getting there. I have seen the news and happy and worried at the same time, Happy that there their finally getting off the butts and getting these figures out.

Worried as well as their going to do them in a box set which means two things, 1- that it will cost a fortune and be hard to get especially here in Australia.

Or 2 - that people will sell them seperately and still cost a fortune so either way I think it's going to be very hard to get them unless they make a bulk load of them which I doubt.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »
Like your update work to the dio, ron. Those colors are great! Isn't drybrushing fun?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2011, 06:28:50 AM »
I have tha same concerns Ron. I do have a friend that will not miss comic con and plan to get mine through him.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Hi All

Clonehead - Cheers mate and yeas drybrushing is awesome, I've started on the barbed wire and also the posts so will have another WIP update soon.

Luke Sprywalker - I hope he is able to get at least one for you buddy that would be so cool, and it's ashame as I really think that the Indy line could've been a huge hit if Hasbro promoted it correctly.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »
Ron, I could not agree with you more. If I could have been the person in charge of a vision for the line it would have been a huge success. Now mind you the person in quality control should have held back the entire first release of the crappy painted figures to help me in this. If I want a line to sell I need people to want to play with the figures and vehicles. There are certain scenes you want to act out so you need at least the hero and villan in the proper outfit, companion figures.  I would have released entirely different figures than they did as far as the order. The first Belloch would have been the jungle outfit not ceremony. Toht needed to be released in the second or no later than the third wave. That is when ceremony Belloch could come out as a companion for Toht. I feel like the ball was dropped on a great villan figure. I am talking major characters, we did get the swordsman as it is a no brainer, with only 1 minute screen time. After the single card Marian and the 3 pack they should have offered a wagon, 3 baskets, 2 bails of hay and a super articulated Marion that would fit in the biggest basket. Collecters and kids would have been all over it. I have so many easy ideas it really sickens me to list them all out.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2011, 02:43:13 AM »
Hi All

Spry that is were Hasbro went wrong they didn't bother asking what Indy fan's wanted. I think that more vehicles like the Flying Wing, Crusade Tank, Jock's plane should have been made and they would have selled big time.

And as you said thing like a wagon, crates etc would've been instant winners, Don't get me wrong as you all know that I love to build dio's but hell playsets are the way to go. They should have also made 3-4 playsets from each movie below are just some examples that I think they should have done.

ROTLA
1 - Gold Idol playset
2 - Map Room playset
3 - Well of Souls playset
4 - Cairo streets playset
TOD
1 - Sacrifice playset
2 - Mine car playset
3 - Rope Bridge playset
4 - Clob Obi Wan playset
TLC
1 -Library and Catacombs playset
2 - Castle brumwald playset
3 -Grail booby trap playsets
4 - Train playset with young indy and thiefs
KOTCS
1 - Area 51 playset
2- Burial site playset
3 - Akator playset with different sections.

As for figures again you are correct they could have made the major characters then have done minor and back ground characters. This way the line would have gone on a lot longer and they could have done what they do with SW and ask what fans would like to have.

Even if they did all the major characters first then added other figures, playsets and vehicles over a 6 month period we would still be getting our dose of Indy.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
Hi All

Well finally got the barbed wire and posts done  and I'm very happy with the way it they turned out.

A BIG SAFETY WARNING GUYS
Be very careful if you do attempt this one day as the barbed wire will cut and injure you if you don't be careful as it is actually real barbed wire just on a smaller scale.

THE POSTS
The posts were done using an old metal coat hanger there not either movie or history accurate which is ok by me. To make them I got to 2 pairs of pliers and a thick metal tube and twisted them aroung the metal tube until I was happy with the amount of twist there was.

Then I got the pliers and stretched the wire until I had the length I wanted and teh made a loop on one end for the wire to go thru.

THE BARBED WIRE
The wire was made by getting some thin wire from the hardware shop I then got a piece of coat hanger and made a hook in one end and then attached that to my drill.

I then got about a 1-1/2 metres of thin wire and folded it to the end and then wrapped it around a draw handle. I then got the end that had the bend in it and attached that to the make shift coat hanger hook which is was attached to the drill and started pressing the trigger until I was happy with the tightness.

Once the wire was done I measured out 3cm lengths were I had to attached the barbs and cut out 53 x 10cm lengths of wire to start doing the barbs. With the barbs I just twisted around teh main wire about 4 times and then once that was done pressed the barbs in place with some small pliers and cut of the remaining pieces a few millmeteres away from teh main wire and there you go brabed wire.