Author Topic: SLR Dioramas / Playsets - DEATH STAR SPHERE - FINISHED! :)  (Read 27607 times)

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
sounds great

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Sounds awesome to me.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Work on the Star Destroyer has begun!
Here are the first really boring pics, which are just about half the parts needed that Ive cut out so far, I would be further along but Ive had a cold!...... Snuffle, cough, sneeze! :(
There is still a lot of work to do yet, but hey if you are interested in how these things take shape it might be of interest .......hopefully! LOL!

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
looks like a great start. Can you make the future pics a little larger, and size comparison, how big is that bottom triangle of the deystroyer, is it 5 ft long or 5 inches?

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
Sorry, that seems to be as big as i can get them on here, but as for scale the bottom triangle is 5 foot long x 2 foot wide, most of the parts are 5inches tall, to allow for figures. Hope that helps! It will all make more sense as it develops Im sure! LOL! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
That additional options thing works, but to get bigger pics hosting them at photobucket or a similar site (any of em but Imageshack) will work great and get you larger pics. All you need is the img code it will give you when you upload.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
Thanks Tamer, but I dont use photobucket, etc, I will try adding a pic which is a bit bigger and one with a full size Kenner Falcon for scale! Fingers crossed!

Well its a bit bigger! LOL! But not much to see yet anyway! I'll work on it! :)

Anyway that is the base and the biggest part, its about 5 foot long and 2 foot wide, it will also be nearly 2 foot tall. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:28:31 PM by ShamanLogRay »

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
I'm not sure about your camera, but all I do is take my pics, download them on my computer, next I open them up in paint brush and reduce thier size to 40%, and then upload them on here. I hope that helps because I'm really excited to see what your doing with this :)

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
Ok as its you WheelJack I'll try that! Fingers crossed again! LOL!  
Well that seems to have worked! Thanks!  ;D
I promise my pics will be bigger in future! I always was better with wood and card than with pixels! LOL!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:16:21 PM by ShamanLogRay »

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
Awesome!!! You did it R2!!!!

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
Well what do you expect from an Ewok! ha ha!  ;D

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
I just finished painting my first Ewok tonight, great fun painting them, only about 50 more to paint for my next big project.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
Sooner you than me! The paint gets stuck all over my fur! I think Ill stick to playing with sticks! LOL!  ;)

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
LMAO!!! well I'm very interested in your wood work because my big project is going to be a Ewok village and I need to pick up any tricks and tips I can with wood working. For example what did you use to cut those panels for your ship? I have a jigsaw and thinking about using it, just hope I keep all my fingers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:36:07 PM by wheeljack »

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
yep, im using a jigsaw! But my hairy little fingers are to short to get near the blade! Lol! Have you ever noticed that lol looks like a tie fighter?! Here come a passing squadron now lol lol lol!
Personally,if I was going to make a new homestead for the clan, id just pick up lots of twigs, scissors and strong thread and tie lots of it together, especially for walkways. For the huts I think id use brown card board for the structure and glue or use double sided clear tape and literally cover them with twigs, possibly even use dry grass on the roofs, but thats me! LOL!
Have fun with it and keep it  simple is my best advice!  I look forward to seeing your creation! :)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:29:46 PM by ShamanLogRay »