Author Topic: Clone Trooper - Reek Rider Scout of Geonosis, with custom BULL REEK and Base  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
wow... this is mind-blowing!! top-notch work on all aspects. hope to see more work soon,
and of course a warm welcome to the yards :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art

Makes perfect sense to me (although to those not familiar with the intricacies of the joe parts and what-not it might not make sense).

But if I'm to understand you correctly then the figure doesn't have any movement within the torso?  you glued the two torsos together to make one solid piece from the neck down to the hips correct?  I've done this as well with a figure in the past, but didn't like the results... you wind up losing a point of articulation to gain the ball jointed hips.  It works, but just not well enough IMHO....

of course... looking at your figure you've pulled it off amazingly.   Sculpting the joe thighs up to match REALY makes a difference.  had you not done that the knee joint would have looked very off.  This is one reason why I try to retain the joe's double jointed knee. 

I'm putting together a video tutorial on the way I add joe parts to my star wars figures, starting with a tutorial for the galactic marine I posted in my thread this week, when I get the full video tutorial completed and uploaded I'd love to get your thoughts on the process I use.
[/quote]

Yup!  If I used a super articulated clone instead of a airborne I could have had that extra point of articulation, because of the ball socket-ed Rib cage area...the airborne just doesn't have that. 
[/quote]

the airborne's torso is about the same as all the other clones... knowing me I'd probably have taken a torso from an articulated clone with the ball jointed torso and then modified a joe torso to fit that joint, saving all the cutting and splicing and glueing.  But then you kill 3 figures instead of just 2! lol

still, amazing work.  The joining of the two torsos blends in perfectly.  And as long as your using it as a static display (which I'm assuming is the case as with most customizers, we build and then we display, we don't play with them....) especially since you have such an amazing looking diorama to display it on, then the loss of the articulation doesn't even matter.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
I wish the bull reek had more articulation itself,like in the knees,and i hope by the time AOTC hits the theatres in 2013,they'll have a really nice one out,probably just a repack like their doing with TPM stuff.as far as yours goes,it doesn't need any articulation as long as its just standing their,but it just adds to some poseability purpose's for me.spud is the man when it comes to the SW/joe swapping parts.they may be a few cm taller then a regular SW figure,but they look amazing,and have great possibility's for some great poses.

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
I wish the bull reek had more articulation itself,like in the knees,and i hope by the time AOTC hits the theatres in 2013,they'll have a really nice one out,probably just a repack like their doing with TPM stuff.as far as yours goes,it doesn't need any articulation as long as its just standing their,but it just adds to some poseability purpose's for me.spud is the man when it comes to the SW/joe swapping parts.they may be a few cm taller then a regular SW figure,but they look amazing,and have great possibility's for some great poses.

yeah, I like mixing SW and Joes...its tough sometimes, it can add a little height, but in the end I usually just use them for their waiste area, so I try and keep the height change at a minimum..  This clone is the same height of a VC Clone, so its a success IMO. 

Thanks everyone!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
well,I myself have yet to venture into that area of customizing,I've see tutorials on the process,and i'm likely to lose a digit or two they way it's done.I do need to look at the process a little closer though,and see if I can't get it done right,plus,still not clear on the knee swapping part yet.your custom is still very awesome,but spud had a point with losing that POA in the torso for the hips articulation,but if he's just riding the bull,then he doesn't need it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:53:04 AM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Hello and welcome to the Yards! Sorry I am late to the party but your work is outstanding! I have seen you before on Facebook so I am a fan of your work for sure. Can't wait to see more of your art on display here!

Offline clonecommando8

• Cadet
amazing some great details
CloneCommando8