Author Topic: Clone Trooper - Reek Rider Scout of Geonosis, with custom BULL REEK and Base  (Read 6444 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
A tremendous custom and an excellent diorama as well. You have combined two fantastic subjects that work wonderfully together.

A warm welcome to the Yards!

Offline darthwalls

• Cadet
Simply..WOW!!! :o Absolute perfection.

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
 :o       :o      :o      :o      :o      :o

WOW that is AMAZING.
That REEK looks totally bada$$

Great Beast and Rider

TIEpilot
Greg

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
Like I commented on Hisstank, this is just AWESOME!
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
HOLY BALLS ON THE WALL ON FIRE. That is awesome....the reek is beautiful.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Amazing work my friend!  I can't wait to see more.  Now I need to find a reek. 

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Mate I have to say this is mind blowing work to say the least and everything about it screams perfection.

Ron

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
Thanks everyone for all your comments, I am glad you like em!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Saw this on your blog post yesterday and then that your stuff is showing up all over the place!  I love the work you did putting the Reek rider together.  I'm looking into taking Joe figs apart to incorporate them with SW parts, so I always enjoy checking your stuff out. 

Nice work!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
This is just one sweet project altogether and I love the dio but, like spuda, that saddle is just a masterpiece.
Welcome to the shipyards!

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
sickk custom !! love the look of the reek. incredible paint job also

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Thanks everyone for your Welcomes, Comments and THE FRONT PAGE!!!!   O0

absolutely fantastic.  i love it.  the modifications to the reek are top notch.  That saddle just takes the cake!

but... I'm interested in your techniques for adding the joe hips to the figure.  I can't tell how you've exactly done it since the kama and the arms of the figure are covering up that area in most of the figure....

I'm kind of a fan of "joe-ticulating" star wars figures and I'd love to see better how you are doing it.

I'm also intrigued by the knee joints.  How did you attach the peg of the star wars figure's knee into the joe thigh?

... oh... and welcome to the yards!  great start, I can't wait to see more!

The torso and arms are from a Star Wars Airborne figure.  The upper legs and waist are from a Gi joe, and the lower legs are from the same airborne.

The Process:

First, I took the belt off the airborne trooper and cut him in half (right around where the belt lay.  I then took a random GI JOE and cut him right about where his belt was.  I then sanded down these two cuts and attached them together when a good fit was made, the joint is covered up with the new Belt.  Second, to connect the upper legs to the lower legs I started by Dremeling out the bottoms of the upper legs of the GI JOE Thighs.  I then moved to the clone's legs.  I cut through the thighs of the clone to get just enough rubber, so the peg holding the lower legs in could still do its job, I cut that rubber down until it was able to fit directly into the cavity I made in the GI JOEs Upper legs.  I then sculpted the Upper legs to tie it into the armor.

I hope that helps...Next time I think I should just take pictures... ;D

Makes perfect sense to me (although to those not familiar with the intricacies of the joe parts and what-not it might not make sense).

But if I'm to understand you correctly then the figure doesn't have any movement within the torso?  you glued the two torsos together to make one solid piece from the neck down to the hips correct?  I've done this as well with a figure in the past, but didn't like the results... you wind up losing a point of articulation to gain the ball jointed hips.  It works, but just not well enough IMHO....

of course... looking at your figure you've pulled it off amazingly.   Sculpting the joe thighs up to match REALY makes a difference.  had you not done that the knee joint would have looked very off.  This is one reason why I try to retain the joe's double jointed knee. 

I'm putting together a video tutorial on the way I add joe parts to my star wars figures, starting with a tutorial for the galactic marine I posted in my thread this week, when I get the full video tutorial completed and uploaded I'd love to get your thoughts on the process I use.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
All these comments and only one custom?  This guy is GOOD.  Hope you give us some more work soon!
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign

[/quote]

Makes perfect sense to me (although to those not familiar with the intricacies of the joe parts and what-not it might not make sense).

But if I'm to understand you correctly then the figure doesn't have any movement within the torso?  you glued the two torsos together to make one solid piece from the neck down to the hips correct?  I've done this as well with a figure in the past, but didn't like the results... you wind up losing a point of articulation to gain the ball jointed hips.  It works, but just not well enough IMHO....

of course... looking at your figure you've pulled it off amazingly.   Sculpting the joe thighs up to match REALY makes a difference.  had you not done that the knee joint would have looked very off.  This is one reason why I try to retain the joe's double jointed knee. 

I'm putting together a video tutorial on the way I add joe parts to my star wars figures, starting with a tutorial for the galactic marine I posted in my thread this week, when I get the full video tutorial completed and uploaded I'd love to get your thoughts on the process I use.
[/quote]

Yup!  If I used a super articulated clone instead of a airborne I could have had that extra point of articulation, because of the ball socket-ed Rib cage area...the airborne just doesn't have that. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
All these comments and only one custom?  This guy is GOOD.  Hope you give us some more work soon!

Its never the quantity, but all about the quality.

I can't even imagine all the intricacies of this figure, beasty, and diorama. Each is done to a grand level.