Author Topic: Clone Trooper - Reek Rider Scout of Geonosis, with custom BULL REEK and Base  (Read 6443 times)

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign

For more images check out my blog:  http://packratstudios.blogspot.com/

Recipe:

Clone Trooper:
Upper Torso and lower legs: Airborne Clone Trooper
Upper Legs and Waist: Random Gi Joe
Head: 25th Serpentor
Helmet: Airborne Trooper
Soft Goods Skirt and custom belt with holsters cut from Clone Skirt. 

Reek:

For the reek I took the Hasbro Reek and re-sculpted the face a bit and added another horn to the head.  I gave it a dark paint scheme with red highlights, I tried to make it look like a "Bull" Reek.

For the Sadle I used vinyl and wire and added on that various pouches and accessories to fully load it up.

Custom base is a scenic mountain top that was snow covered for Christmas Villages I think... ????  It was fully repainted to give that Geonisis Red Clay dirt feel.

Let me know what you think!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Uh, this one is making me speechless.

Let me try to rehinge my jaw and say welcome to the Yards and this one is on its way to the front page soon.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
Awesome!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Stunning.  Absolutely stunning.  Fabulous work - and welcome to the Yards!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
OMG.  ;D that is amazing.great impact to have on your first post.welcome to ISY,and I can not wait to see the rest of your work.sweeter then yoo hoo.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
COOL!  ;D

Offline Poffie

• Cadet
LIKE !

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
absolutely fantastic.  i love it.  the modifications to the reek are top notch.  That saddle just takes the cake!

but... I'm interested in your techniques for adding the joe hips to the figure.  I can't tell how you've exactly done it since the kama and the arms of the figure are covering up that area in most of the figure....

I'm kind of a fan of "joe-ticulating" star wars figures and I'd love to see better how you are doing it.

I'm also intrigued by the knee joints.  How did you attach the peg of the star wars figure's knee into the joe thigh?

... oh... and welcome to the yards!  great start, I can't wait to see more!

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
Thanks everyone for your Welcomes, Comments and THE FRONT PAGE!!!!   O0

absolutely fantastic.  i love it.  the modifications to the reek are top notch.  That saddle just takes the cake!

but... I'm interested in your techniques for adding the joe hips to the figure.  I can't tell how you've exactly done it since the kama and the arms of the figure are covering up that area in most of the figure....

I'm kind of a fan of "joe-ticulating" star wars figures and I'd love to see better how you are doing it.

I'm also intrigued by the knee joints.  How did you attach the peg of the star wars figure's knee into the joe thigh?

... oh... and welcome to the yards!  great start, I can't wait to see more!

The torso and arms are from a Star Wars Airborne figure.  The upper legs and waist are from a Gi joe, and the lower legs are from the same airborne.

The Process:

First, I took the belt off the airborne trooper and cut him in half (right around where the belt lay.  I then took a random GI JOE and cut him right about where his belt was.  I then sanded down these two cuts and attached them together when a good fit was made, the joint is covered up with the new Belt.  Second, to connect the upper legs to the lower legs I started by Dremeling out the bottoms of the upper legs of the GI JOE Thighs.  I then moved to the clone's legs.  I cut through the thighs of the clone to get just enough rubber, so the peg holding the lower legs in could still do its job, I cut that rubber down until it was able to fit directly into the cavity I made in the GI JOEs Upper legs.  I then sculpted the Upper legs to tie it into the armor.

I hope that helps...Next time I think I should just take pictures... ;D

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
That  is so awesome  that Alderaan exploded in my head twenty times.  That reek  is so awesome  I really wish I had it.  And you just joined!  Welcome.
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline clonedenal

• Ensign
 DH AWSOME !!!
Clones are the best. Enough said.

()rr

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
OMG.  That is so awesome.  Cannot wait to see more!

Offline YakFace

• Commander
PackRat that is f$%*ing cool my friend, welcome to the yards. First I love the mods you did to the reek I'm a big fan of this creature and yours looks really amazing as the original toy is pretty crap tastic. I also got to give you a hand on your base man that is a cool way to display that large custom makes it look less like a toy and more of a maquette. I want to know what kind of material you use to sculpt your additions like the extra horns and that saddle? Again great work.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Always been a fan PRS, glad to see you on the Yards! I have to say, your Kung Fu is mighty strong my friend, that Airborne Reek rider combo delivers 20 kinds of butt kicking awesomeness--if not more :)

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Wow that is just awesome.