Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-28 Lt. Feng!  (Read 76314 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
HEY Man I got to say it again ...... OUTSTANDING !!!!! I really enjoy your work.  I to was also planning a yoxgit for one of my next posts . I also agree CVI has no idea whats heading their way. I do hope somebody from Hasbro will be on hand to see the all the works of art and how they are screwing up again all the best!!!!!!

Offline leebo

• Cadet
Yoxgit! Very nice, very nice  ;D

Offline YakFace

• Commander
That Barada is amazing.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
LE this thread is the gift that keeps on giving!!

Fantastic work YET again!  ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
You guys are so kind to me with the comments, thanks. Tamer I am with you, it is quite hard for me to sleep these days. I have been getting by on about 5 hrs a night.

Thanks Brian! I too wish you and Elias could be there!

Pressing on to the next figure, a repaint and leg adjustment for Nysad. Notice his stance is no longer too wide.

Reference shot

Here he is with the Hasbro figure.

So I have now created 19 figures in 37 days, man I need some rest before C6! Here is a new group shot...

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Word's can not express how awesome this is and how great of a customizer you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Rogue82

• Ensign
Word's can not express how awesome this is and how great of a customizer you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

2NDed! I would buy all of these in a heartbeat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, another nice one. Back on the front page. That is a lot of custom figures in 37 days Spry.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
Very cooooool  ;D
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Thats one hell of a group shot!!! Stand up take a bow and get some rest you have earned it man!!!!!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
Awesome job man and cool group shot.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Ditto! :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
What an accomplishment, LE! You are going to wow the celebration crowd with this group.
Truly amazing work, buddy'

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded! Jabba's Palace Update 8-9!
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:18 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys. C6 was a blast! Very tiring but so much fun, I can sleep now that it is over right?! The last day tear down was insane! Thank the maker I had Chad, Lucas, Wit, Nate and Jenn guarding my stuff. Kids and adults were going crazy trying to take anything they could when Frank said that is the give aways, it no one has claimed the hose they made you are free to take it. I guess they though that meant my Rancor and Jabbas Palace figures, even though we told everyone 10 times it was from my personal collection. Anyhow, in the frenzy someone on the diorama team gave away my heat gun. Then I realize my box of tools is missing, yea, I am now out around $250. My Dremel, my bits, drill bit set, Kobalt knife set with many different shaped blades, mini pliers set of 4, Craftsman Anvil cutter for wood/plastic/tin, my sculpting tools/dental set, 6 paint brushes, I am tired of listing things now. Thank the maker again that I didn't take my new Dewalt Cordless drill I got for Christmas, that people were asked to take if they could cause LF can't buy us drills and things like this. Sooo, while I build up some tools I have been doing some organizing and deciding what I had to display with my space available. Answer is I pretty much want to re do everything. I really want to approach everything thing with a prop makers mentality. I have compiled several resource images since C6 and been inspired by many different things. You will see more in my diorama area, back on topic for customs, this is a simple fix. The Gamorean guard has a super fuzzy diaper. I wet it down while flattening it with my hand, let it sit to dry and to me it looks a bit better. The one on the left got the treatment and the one on the right did not. Not great so I may try trimming it...

Now, this is what I would like for us to see coming out in vintage packaging next year. ROTJ Sets! With a ne larger skiff to hold them all boxed like the current Kmart AT-ST!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded! Jabba's Palace Update 8-9!
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
Dang, that totally sucks about your tools getting nabbed (ganked, or whatever the slang term is now)! I don't know how you feel, but from the way I read it; if that were me, I'd be talking to Frank about re-couping some of those tools or the costs, since he made the announcement.

I loved the panel discussion, thanks to Clonecrazy (I think) for posting those videos. I wish you guys would have talked a little more about photonovels, but understand that you were limited on time. As mentioned on FB, "nice accent"!! It's really cool getting to see the people behind the customs. Funny thing is, I learned a couple about pronunciation watching those videos. First of all, I've been pronouncing Sillof's name as "Sill - off" and apparently it's "Sigh - loff." Also, for years I've been pronouncing "Tonnika" (as in Tonnika Sisters) as "Tonic - ah," but apparently it's actually pronounced, "To - nee - ka." Not sure who came up with the pronunciation "To - nee - ka" (and that may be the "official" pronunciation), but it just doesn't fit the spelling to me.

By the way, you guys mentioned that you did not use "Wal-Mart" paints. Over the years, I've heard people praise Applebarrel paints, and that's the brand I've used. Not the most durable brand, but what brand of paint do you guys use?

Jason