Author Topic: Droid Factory 5 of 5: Corran Horn and R2-Whistler  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Droid Factory 5 of 5: Corran Horn and R2-Whistler
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
another walmart exclusive priced at $17

This pack commemorates the book: I Jedi!! and includes Rogue Squadron pilot Corran Horn who is super arty, has a great sculpt, includes a lightsaber hilt, a lightsaber, a blaster, and a removable helmet with great paint apps. Also here is the R2-Whistler astromech. Like the other astromech in these packs, this one has a sensor scope that raises out of his dome as you twist it and the third leg is non-retractable.

Also included with this set is the chest and shoulder plates to make the Phase III Darktrooper Droid Factory figure

At this point, I need to mention that if you are looking for these sets, be careful and make sure that the Dark Trooper parts are in the package before you buy them. While Hasbro used those rubber bands that we all love to secure most of these figures inside their packaging, they neglected to use them at all to secure the Droid Factory parts and as a result, I found 3 packages that had been scrounged of their dark trooper parts and then resealed in just one store.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:18:21 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Droid Factory 5 of 5: Corran Horn and R2-Whistler
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »
pics

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
I was excited about this set till I got it Corran is on the Short side and whistler is painted all wrong, but I still love it because I have them its better than not, and the new X-Wing I can use the wedge body for Corran's head then paint his flight suit green as it should be. still a great pack.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »
I like the sound of your body mods. yeah, I think that this is the favorite of the five sets as far as pack-ins go.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
Well I am glad hasbro has made it easy to do I was getting worn out on the boil and pop method and the hack and slash now I just pop a piece of pop a new one on except for ammo pouches and the like still have to attach them the old fashioned way.