Author Topic: The Equani  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
The Equani
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
INFO: The Equani were empathic, fur covered horse-like bipeds native to Equanus.

RACE: Equani
HEIGHT: 2.5 Meters Tall
SKIN (FUR): Variable
DISTINCTION: Horse-like
LANGUAGE: Equani

HOMEWORLD:
Equanus was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories. It was one of five planets in the Nharl system.

In 23 BBY, the Galactic Republic tested a planet-killing weapon, a predecessor of the Death Star Project, on the star Nharl. The resulting intense solar flare accidentally destroyed all life on Equanus, as well as the weapon and its testers. Only those Equani offworld at the time survived. Equani scientists realized too late that Equanus was being destroyed and the comm lines were jammed with Equanis saying their last goodbye's to each other.

BIOLOGY AND APPEARANCE:
Equani were a sentient humanoid species native to Equanus in the Nharl system. They were tall bipeds who were covered in fur and resembled horses. All Equani possessed empathic abilities.

CULTURE AND HISTORY:
Six months prior to the onset of the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic scientists stationed on Equanus's moon were testing a new superweapon. They miscalculated and hit Equanus's sun. The result was a ten light-minute-long solar flare that literally cooked the planet. The only Equani to survive were the few hundred who were off-world at the time. As there were not enough Equani left to populate a new world, the species eventually died out.

A notable Equani was Klo Merit. He was minder to the medical facility on Drongar during the Clone Wars, and a double-agent for the Confederacy of Independent Systems and Black Sun.

APPEARANCES:
MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (First appearance)
"MedStar: Intermezzo" - Star Wars Insider 83
MedStar II: Jedi Healer
Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Mentioned only)

SOURCES:
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

I would like to thank Wookieepedia for this info.