Author Topic: The Brubb  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
The Brubb
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
INFO: Though Brubbs encountered in the galaxy are usually employed in some sort of physical labor, their unique appearance and chameleonic coloration, has created a demand for the Brubbs as "ornamental" beings, prized not so much for their abilities, as for their very presence. These Brubbs can be found on the richer core worlds, acting as retainers and companions to the wealthy.

RACE: Brubb
HEIGHT: 1.5 - 1.75 Meters Tall
SKIN: Yellow to greenish-gray
DISTINCTION: Limited camouflage ability, thick skins, poor hearing, lived in communal habas (community).
LANGUAGE: Baro

HOMEWORLD:
Baros was a world located in the Baros system of the Outer Rim, on the furthest reaches of the Slice region of the galaxy. It had a high gravity, was frequented by windstorms, and possessed infertile growing soil. In 9 ABY (44:7:20) it was one of the New Republic worlds taken over by Grand Admiral Thrawn during his attempt to win the Galactic Civil War for the Empire.

BIOLOGY AND APPEARANCE:
Brubbs were reptilian bipeds from the planet Baros in the Bari system. To adapt to life on an arid world with frequent sandstorms, the ancestors of the Brubbs evolved thick skins and tough, transparent membranes over their eyes for protection. Since there was little to hear on Baros other than howling winds, Brubbs were nearly deaf. Brubbs were strong for their size (1.5 to 1.7 meters tall), due to their origins on a high-gravity world. Brubbs also had the limited ability to camouflage themselves by changing skin color, though the color range was only from yellow to a greenish-gray.

CULTURE AND HISTORY:
Brubbs were a very social people, living in large communal groups called habas. Most habas were extended family groups which raised children communally and operated some specialized business together (like a farm, a mine, or even a vacation resort). Certain "university" habas, however, were drawn from the best and brightest of many habas. These groups had technology approaching galactic standard, especially in the areas of solar and wind power. According to Obo Rin's Catalog of Intelligent Life in the Galaxy, it was one of these university habas that first made contact with the outside galaxy, by beaming radio signals which eventually came to the attention of the Galactic Empire. Some evidence exists of earlier Brubb contact with other inhabited worlds, however. In 32 BBY, a cantina in Mos Espa on Tatooine was known as "The Blue Brubb".

Each haba was governed by its ten oldest Brubbs. As female Brubbs had a lower life expectancy, due to the stress of egg-laying, the leaders were almost always male. At the same time that the Brubbs were dealing with first contact with aliens, many female Brubbs were arguing for an equal share in haba leadership, and protesting by refusing to lay eggs.

Since Baros was a high-gravity world with few natural resources and low-tech natives, the Brubbs did not see much interstellar trade. Their main commodities were the Brubbs themselves—their strength and toughness made them prized mercenaries and laborers. Jabba the Hutt employed some Brubbs as guards on Khetanna, his sail barge. Other Brubbs, due to their sociable nature and interesting appearance, became "ornamental" beings hired as retainers for wealthy Core Worlders.

APPEARANCES:
Episode I: Anakin Skywalker (Mentioned only)
Star Wars Droids: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
Star Wars Missions 2: Escape from Thyferra
Zorba the Hutt's Revenge
Heir to the Empire (Mentioned only)
The Last Command (First appearance)
The New Rebellion
Star by Star
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
The Unifying Force
Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
Omen

SOURCES:
Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim (Picture only)
The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
Instant Adventures
"The Smuggler's Alliance" - Star Wars Gamer 3
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

I would like to thank Wookieepedia for this info.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: The Brubb
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:44:19 AM »
now that was awesome i dont know wats next but a nice read itll all be TAMER GET THIS ON THE FP NOW!!!! lol this is great mate cant wait for the next one