Author Topic: The Toydarians  (Read 2622 times)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
The Toydarians
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
INFO: The Toydarians were a race of avian beings from Toydaria. They were strong-willed, resistant to Jedi mind tricks, and had a body odor similar to sweetspice. They had a reputation for being stingy and bad-tempered. Toydarians were supposedly distant relations of the Hutts due to their home world's proximity to Nal Hutta as well as their similar resistance to the mind trick.

RACE: Toydarian
HEIGHT: 1.2 Meters Tall
SKIN: Blue, green, gray, or pink
DISTINCTION: Wings, tusks, snouts, three fingers, three toes
LANGUAGE: Toydarian, Huttese

HOMEWORLD:
Toydaria was a large, muddy planet located in the Toydaria system of the Hutt Space, and home to the Force-resistant Toydarians.

BIOLOGY AND APPEARANCE:
Toydarians had stubbly trunks on their faces which rested above short tusks. They had three fingers on each hand. A Toydarian's thin legs ended in webbed, three-toed feet, but their primary mode of transportation was their use of the wings on their upper back. Their wings could beat as fast as ten times a second, burning up large amounts of energy. Though their wings appeared frail, Toydarians could fly quite rapidly and preferred flight to walking.

In order to fuel this hyperactive metabolism, Toydarians would eat concentrated foods and egg-seeds. Most bloodiest wars in their history were fought over food supplies. Their bellies were also filled with a buoyant gas which helped them stay aloft, thus creating the appearance of a pot belly. Despite appearing pudgy, Toydarians were actually one of the lightest races in the galaxy because their body tissue was spongy and gas-filled. They were capable of flying from birth.

Their skin was usually gray or blue although green and purple variants were common among females. The males of the species usually showed sparse whiskers. Toydarian newborns emerged from their mothers' wombs fully developed, resembling miniature versions of their parents, and were able to fly from birth.

CULTURE AND HISTORY:
Toydarian government was a sovereign feudal system with one ruling king and many vassals. These vassals vied for power under the king's rule. The king made sure to keep his vassals happy and to have their allegiance, but would occasionally encourage infighting to reveal the true character of the vassals and weed out treachery.

IN THE GALAXY:
Though some Toydarians were known merchants and con artists, many led respectable lives.

APPEARANCES:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
"The Apprentice" - Star Wars Tales 17
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Star Wars: Starfighter
"Urchins" - Star Wars Tales 14
tar Wars: Episode I Racer
Episode I: Anakin Skywalker
Podracing Tales
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace / comic / novel (First appearance) / junior novel
Episode I: Queen Amidala
Episode I: Qui-Gon Jinn
Bad Business
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones / comic / novel / junior novel
"Elusion Illusion" - Star Wars Insider 66
Star Wars: The New Droid Army
"The Dark Side Beckons"
MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
Star Wars The Clone Wars Volume 2: Crash Course
The Clone Wars: Prelude
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided (Part 1)
Evasive Action: Recruitment
Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows
Flames of Rebellion
Death Star (Mentioned only)
Rookies: Rendezvous
Rebel Force: Renegade
Star Wars Rebellion 0: Crossroads
"Lady Luck" - Star Wars Tales 3
"Thank the Maker!" - Star Wars Tales 6 (Appears in flashback(s))
The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
Tatooine Ghost (Appears in hologram)
Union
Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
Emissary of the Void (Mentioned only)
Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
The Final Prophecy
Sacrifice (Mentioned only)

SOURCES:
Star Wars: Episode I toy line
Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
Episode I Insider's Guide
Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
The Essential Guide to Alien Species
Alien Anthology
The Official Star Wars Fact File 128
Ultimate Alien Anthology
Kessel: Hell in Space on Wizards.com (article)
The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
Toydarians on Wizards.com (article)
"Price of Business" (Mentioned only)
"A Mon Alone"
Scum and Villainy
Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Toydarian Greeter)
Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Card: Toydarian Vendor)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
Chi Cho in the Databank
Gardulla the Hutt in the Databank
King Katuunko in the Databank
Cliegg Lars in the Databank
Mos Espa Grand Arena in the Databank
Rugosa in the Databank
Anakin Skywalker in the Databank
Shmi Skywalker in the Databank
Toydarian in the Databank
Asajj Ventress in the Databank
Watto in the Databank
Watto's shop in the Databank
Yoda in the Databank

I would like to thank Wookieepedia for this info.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:56:00 AM by Cimter »

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
HOMEWORLD
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:40:04 PM »

HOMEWORLD:

The Toydarian homeworld was covered with nutrient-rich muck-lakes, which supported a number of predators including dangerous grabworms. Toydarians survived by flying virtually everywhere, only landing on the relative safety of alga mats. Toydarians originally lived off the nutrients but later resorted to farming for food. Sustenance for the food on Toydaria was so great that on average every 30 standard years depending on weather cycles, shortages would occur and the Toydarians would steal or even poison their neighbor's food supply, under the belief that if they couldn't have it, no one should.

Because there were so many Toydarians flying around on their home world, the use of speeders was illegal. Spaceship traffic was only allowed to land or take off in specified areas to avoid collisions. To help travel around their world, Toydarians created a light-rail system that took them from city to city. Very little galactic-level technology was incorporated on Toydaria because most Toydarians preferred to live in below galactic-standard villages.

During the Clone Wars, Toydaria was ruled by King Katuunko, who entered into an agreement with the Galactic Republic to allow them to build a base on his territory, following the Battle of Rugosa.

During the Imperial Period, the Galactic Empire subjugated Toydaria. The task force was led by Darth Vader.

During their invasion of the galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong landed on Toydaria as part of their advance into Hutt Space. However, they encountered heavy resistance from the Toydarians, who had gained assistance from smugglers and the New Republic.