Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135546 times)

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: spudafett: p55: Remnant trooper squad
« Reply #825 on: July 09, 2021, 06:48:40 PM »
Think the missile launcher is from the ML retro Punisher.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #826 on: July 10, 2021, 07:11:22 AM »
Couldn't you just see a group like that showing up in a Mandalorian episode! Very nice.

Off to the front pages. Keep em coming!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #827 on: July 10, 2021, 03:09:55 PM »
Think the missile launcher is from the ML retro Punisher.

Nice!  I knew it was probably a marvel figure's.  Great sleuthing.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #828 on: July 10, 2021, 03:33:08 PM »
That is fantastic! Having such a thorough archive for accessories in your head can save you hours of research! I couldn't find it myself on ebay after more than an hour! Don't know anything about MARVEL figures, so props to you Echo_Six!
All I know that this is a fantastic looking piece! Fits perfectly into the Star Wars universe as well.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2021, 12:27:55 PM »
Amazing work!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #830 on: August 19, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »
so I came across the Neca "ultimate doc brown" at target the other day and I immediately knew what had to be done...

A little boil and pop, shirt trim, and repaint later and I have "realistic Rick."  Now I just need to 3d print a portal gun and a flask...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: spudafett: p56: Realistic Rick
« Reply #831 on: August 20, 2021, 01:10:36 AM »
Love it! The face expressions of these heads are priceless! So "hold on to your butts"*, what a great head-swap! Thanks for the great start into the weekend with a big smile.  :D

*thought this custom was based on the John Raymond Arnold figure of Mattel's Amber Collection. My bad...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:12:50 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #832 on: August 20, 2021, 02:35:38 AM »
Spot on!

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #833 on: August 20, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »
I love that! It will be great to see what you come up with for the portal gun (and Morty!!!)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #834 on: May 26, 2022, 07:19:16 AM »
It's been a minute...  I'm getting married this weekend, but found a moment in all the craziness this week to set down and actually work on some figures. 

So far these are works in progress, I've done the major bit of parts swapping and modifications but haven't tackled the paint yet. That's going to have to wait until after the vacation/honeymoon I think!

First I've got a simple headswap for Mandalorian disguise Obi-Wan:

Of course he will get a full repaint to match the Maul themed mando armor he uses in that clone wars episode.

Next we have a kitbash of a Bo-Katan and Sabine Wren.  This is what I'd imagine an older "live action" Sabine might look like.  I kept with the "explosives expert" theme she has and added the longer missile to the jet pack, and created a rocket launcher from a marvel hydra agent's gun.  The rest, as you can see, are swapped or re-arranged pieces of both figure's armor. 

No paint yet, but I plan on doing a similar style to her Rebels armor colors, complete with the spattering of paint on her wrist gauntlets and legs. 

As always, get the first look by following my facebook page.  (The images I'm using are also linked from my facebook page, so if the images stop showing up go check them out there at https://www.facebook.com/spudafettcustoms )

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: spudafett: p56: Obo-Wan mando and live action Sabine Wren
« Reply #835 on: May 26, 2022, 08:05:35 AM »
Hey that's great news! When is your wedding - Saturday? I remember the great custom you shared with us depicting you and your fiancée. I really admire how you turn even rare 6" figures into great new fun! Obi-Wan's head looks great on that Mando armor! More comments from me on Sunday ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #836 on: May 26, 2022, 06:40:09 PM »
Cool WIP's. Look forward to seeing the final products, but don't rush it ;) Congratulations on the up-coming nuptials. Relax and enjoy - counsel I've given to many about-to-be-married folks. I hope you have a great few "after wedding" days as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #837 on: May 27, 2022, 03:10:19 AM »
Yeah, first off congrats on your wedding. I wish you and your spouse such a great and happy life. I have been seeing on FB how creative you two are. Peas in a pod as they say. Awesome stuff.

Love your new customs. They are already looking grand. Off to share on the front pages.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #838 on: December 23, 2022, 08:29:50 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes. I haven't much time for customs anymore since starting up a business on the side building and selling guitars with my wife, but I took this Christmas break from the main job (teaching) to focus on doing a few customs.  I have gotten THREE done in as many days!

First one was a rather simple customization of the delux ROTJ black series boba fett.  I found these great eye decals in an A-10 warthog model kit that worked perfect on Fett's helmet... from there it was just a few simple tweaks to make the pre-production "parade" version of the Fett armor.

Next I wanted to do the "War of the Bounty Hunters" "disguised" Boba Fett without having to pay the exorbitant cost of getting a comic con exclusive figure.  Besides, the hasbro version is just the classic black series fett in black.  I decided to do a bit more for mine, painting the armor with gloss black and the undersuit with flat, and then giving it the blood splatter from the arena.  I like how it turned out!

And finally the vintage comic book appearance of Boba Fett.  One that I wanted to do for a while, but was brought back up my list of to-dos when the comic book TVC figures were announced.  I don't collect the 3.75" figures anymore so I decided to re-paint a 6" black series one. I chose the prototype armor fett as I figured it'd be a good blank slate to work with.  I also based this custom off of another artist's work, acionfiguretoronto, who painted the comic cell-shading work way better than I've done onto a bandai fett. 

As always more images are up on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/spudafettcustoms. Go check them out there and follow to get immediate updates of work I've posted as well as view older customs who's image links have died.  (I noticed scrolling through my thread that a lot of the images no longer show up on the thread).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions
« Reply #839 on: December 23, 2022, 08:56:21 AM »
I also took time during the break to put up some new shelves and add lighting to them!  Now I have more room for new figures! The mando and Trooper shelves were getting crowded.

Also having fun with a new stand. Got this from the delux black widow figure that I found at ollies for 12 bucks!