Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135499 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett: p54: 6in scale Galactic Marine
« Reply #810 on: July 02, 2021, 06:55:13 AM »
Your trooper looks fantastic! The 3D print trials and tribulations are frustrating, I’m sure. But once you resolve them it looks like you’ll be able to outfit an entire army in no time.

Not being familiar with the six inch line, would it be possible to fill the hollow helmets with putty once you had a usable print?

Probably.  But the prints are so brittle that they break easily once fully cured.  I've broken several just trying to separate them from the support sprues.  I'm going to keep messing with it.  I ordered some white UV resin to try... I hate painting white so I'm hoping I can just print nice white helmets! lol

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett: p55: Solo Speeder Bike trooper
« Reply #811 on: July 06, 2021, 06:20:36 PM »
A simple head swap and you get what I think the solo speeder bike trooper, or "police trooper" should have looked like...

Of course, I actually do really like the figure as is, I just had an extra and instead of completely chopping him up I really liked this simple head swap.

I've also got a little project going that will be at least 5 more figures in a few days.  I'm using my large collection of fodder to create a garrison of "Imperial Remnants."  Based loosely on the concept art from The Mandalorian, and largely on my fodder bin collection of miscellaneous figures.  I have several of the Mimban stormtroopers, and they were perfect for this project... as well as several other parts and pieces.

I'll let you guys figure out the recipes (if you can!). as I start uploading them.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Remnant "rocket trooper"

Can you identify the parts?  (No really, I have no idea... especially where this rocket launcher came from.  It was a bit over-sized and I think it actually came from a 1/6th scale figure.)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Remnant Troopers #2 and #3

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Very nice. Great variations on those Remnant Troopers.

Off to the front pages.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Remnant "Sand" trooper.  While he doesn't bear the right color pauldron and markings, you can tell this trooper is the remnant squad's sergeant by his more complete set of armor and gear...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: spudafett: p55: Remnant trooper squad
« Reply #816 on: July 07, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »
Nice! I like the "police trooper" but I really love those remnant troopers! Great designs. I also like how your Galactic Marine turned out. Great work.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #817 on: July 08, 2021, 01:26:25 AM »
I agree, your Remnants look super cool! If I had that rocket launcher, I'd make a custom Clone Heavy Gunner from ROTS.
Unfortunately I have no idea where this part comes from, either. Maybe it's from action man? I remember they came with some nicely looking accessories back in the 90's. But there are also many 12" soldier figures out there...I'll look for similar 1/12 and 1/6 parts and let you know if I find it.
Did you use bootleg stormies for your customs? These look like the new mold and I'm still so happy that Hasbro added the Scout Trooper to the Archive Line. Awesome stuff there! The Remnant Sandtrooper reminds me of a Marine figure from Warhammer 40k. Your mods made them look so much more badass if I'm allowed to say that.  could well see them actually hitting their target! lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #818 on: July 08, 2021, 08:48:34 AM »
I like this new one too. Definitely works for a Remnant trooper.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #819 on: July 08, 2021, 10:15:02 AM »
I agree, your Remnants look super cool! If I had that rocket launcher, I'd make a custom Clone Heavy Gunner from ROTS.
Unfortunately I have no idea where this part comes from, either. Maybe it's from action man? I remember they came with some nicely looking accessories back in the 90's. But there are also many 12" soldier figures out there...I'll look for similar 1/12 and 1/6 parts and let you know if I find it.
Did you use bootleg stormies for your customs? These look like the new mold and I'm still so happy that Hasbro added the Scout Trooper to the Archive Line. Awesome stuff there! The Remnant Sandtrooper reminds me of a Marine figure from Warhammer 40k. Your mods made them look so much more badass if I'm allowed to say that.  could well see them actually hitting their target! lol

No bootlegs.  I think the main parts have come off of shoretroopers, mimban stormtroopers, one scout trooper, and an arm or two from other random figures. 

I'm working on two or three more remnant troopers today. Hopefully I'll be able to put the whole squad together with Moff Gideon soon!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #820 on: July 08, 2021, 11:43:16 AM »
Thanks for your reply! I tried hard to find this accessory this morning, but couldn't spend more than half an hour. It could well be a G.I. accessory as well. I'd think it's 1/12 scale because 1/6 scale would be quite a difference especially on the handles. It appears as if the back part of your missile launcher broke off. I can't help myself, but think I've seen this type of bazooka while playing Battlefield 1942...it might be a newer weapon though.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #821 on: July 08, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply! I tried hard to find this accessory this morning, but couldn't spend more than half an hour. It could well be a G.I. accessory as well. I'd think it's 1/12 scale because 1/6 scale would be quite a difference especially on the handles. It appears as if the back part of your missile launcher broke off. I can't help myself, but think I've seen this type of bazooka while playing Battlefield 1942...it might be a newer weapon though.

I think it MIGHT have been an accessory to a marvel figure. But I have no idea.  The reason I think it was a 1/6th scale piece is that I actually had to trim down the handles to make it work!  And you are right, the back half was broken off so I trimmed it down flush.  I think it came with a bunch of fodder I bought from someone a long while ago so I have no clue what it's true origins are!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #822 on: July 08, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »
Two more squad members, some group shots, and some alternate helmets...  Enjoy:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #823 on: July 08, 2021, 05:02:22 PM »
The lighting in those images really made the scout trooper's pants look like crap.  Here's a better shot.  I swear the colors are way more subdued than in the pictures...

I've gotten the new S21 samsung and I still haven't gotten the hang of all the new camera settings.  I also need to rebuild my photo booth...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #824 on: July 08, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
I love all the variations you are coming up with, they look great (and would have loved to see more of this kind of variation in The Mandalorian). The paint job on the scout helmet is great.