Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48914 times)

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles -1/18 Invader, MAGAT Tank. Complete!! 19 Nov 12!!
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
Thanks Tamer and everyone for the comments! This tank had a mixed review which was kind of expected. The color scheme is outside what I typically use. I am looking at using another paint scheme and see how it comes out. Using more grays and possibly a darker green used more for railroad projects.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:17 AM »
The build is brilliant Chad. The paint job does leave something to be desired. As you know I am a nut about weathering vehicles. I think you new paint scheme with some weathering would seal the deal.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
I think you new paint scheme with some weathering would seal the deal.

I agree, a little bit of dirty would provide a rocking visual. Regardless, this tank is a top quality kind of work. Impressed me a lot.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles -1:18 Medium Anti-Grav Assault Tank (MAGAT) v2, 7 Jan 13
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
Hey everyone! Feel like this is a good year for finishing old and starting new custom model projects. Thanks to the community for the support!

Repainted the 1:18 Invader, MAGAT (Medium Anti-Grav Assault Tank). The paint scheme on previous page wasn't my best paint work. Looks much better now and weathering helps, too.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:59:14 AM by C130IM »
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Custom China PLA Type-99A Main Battle Tank, 10 Jan 13.
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
Customized Trumpeter China PLA Type-98 MBT model kit. Completed upgrade to 1:18 PLA Type-99A MBT.  Modified the turret configuration, added the reinforced armor, cut open copula and hinged hatches to open, painted digital camo and weathered.  Pic included showing difference between the Type-98 and the Type-99A MBT's.

The China PLA and other militaries do play a role in my verse.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:16:48 AM by C130IM »
Chad

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Planetary Dual Role Attack Craft (P-DRAC)
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:20 AM »
The 1:18 Invader P-DRAC fighter. Build is done and model primed. All this needs is final paint and it's finished.

Chad

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Love both of these vehicles! The Tank is a real eye catcher. Great job on both builds.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks Luke! Not sure what's wrong with photobucket. Some photos are showing up duplicate even though the link is correct to my photobucket account.
Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Nice. Man that paint job on that tank is fantastic. Back to the front page.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
dang, I thought that fighter ship was a stock toy and did a search trying to find where I could get my hands on one and I found your WIP pictures for it.  Very cool ship and very well blended together as far as all the parts.  Do you know where each part came from?  how many different lines do you have bashed togethere there?

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked, WIP. 2 Feb 13
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
This is another 1:18 invader vehicle; Heavy Siege Tank Tracked, WIP

Not much to look at right now. This will look bigger to point where the turret doesn't consume the model. Granted turret is purposely large. Each part is being built as a individual component.

Still working on the turret. Built up the turret walls. The turret will have gantry on the side.  Front turret; need to redo the measurements and angles. It will have launchers in the turret.

Rear turret; two part build. Rear wall with hinge components (wiring, hoses). Second part MLPS system which raises/lowers from rear of turret.

Sides of the tank will be extended with armor/functional panels. Weapons installed.

Front of tank: will be beefed up and using movable panels. Finish crew cab.

All including the lighting and panels. Need to print the decals for the panels.

Chad

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »
reminds me of the Jagpanzer a bit
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:15 AM »
Looks great. Reminds me a bit of the Siege Tank from Starcraft a bit. On the front page.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »
Thanks Tamer!! As always appreciate this groups support! Wraithnine, I had the same impression, lol.

When all said in done the tank will be about 10 inches wide when install the side panels (not armor skirts that you see on side's of Abrams or other MBT's). Their thicker and contain hidden weapons and a antigrav assist propulsion system (if the tracked system becomes disabled). When that runs, the main weapon goes off line due to power transfer to lift the tank.

You wont see too much of the road wheels or tracks. The front of the tank will have beefed up appearance to what you see now. Plus articulated panels in front of the tracks and cab section.

The cannon will have a lighting effect to rear of the barrel (dremeling out holes where see the yellow painted plastic on the barrel). Rear of the tank the turret will have a MLPS that can rise, lower, and lock seamlessly into the back of the turret. It will also sport around 40 to 100 removable rockects depending on type want to use (most likely going with 50 or 60).

I'm going through and sizing up decals to fit within the interior. Those will be printed on selfadhesive transparent and soft white inkjet decal paper.

Tamer, I'm still working on the TOVREX-S ground destroyer (the big scratchbuild). The HSTT is the little brother of the TOVREX. As matter of fact. I notice the links are broken on some of the custom pages. Do you see the photobucket error boxes on your end??
Chad

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »
WOW! man I always follow you on FB but this new Tank is wicked sick!