Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48946 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
I love it!  Where are those figures from?  I've been trying to find 1:18 scale military figures forever!
you can find 'em at Target.

This vehicle is truly awesome! I love that you put lights on it too. I think you pretty much did everything you can in order to make this vehicle as good as it could possibly be. I wouldn't change a thing. It looks like something from the movie Avatar, but it can fit in with just about anything.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
 :o OMG that piece is excellent...love the LEDs that you added...WOW!!  :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I think C130IM might like big ole Walker type land vehicles more than me! And if you know me, that is saying something.

I couldn't imagine what he could do doing a full scale Walker along this genre. Truly the AT-AP in this incarnation is about a million percent better than the stock version.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks everyone for the comments!! A lot of time went into this and glad it worked out!

Tamer; yes the next mech will be somewhat larger than the other :)
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles (1/18 "Badger" M1167 HMMWV) WIP pics; 1 Apr 12
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
1/18 M1167 "Badger" HMMWV; WIP pics

The "Badger" was used in close combat and for infantry support. The few built were at a TACOM facility in Virginia. Used uparmored HMMWV's and the 25mm main chain gun canned from damaged LAV's. Modifications were made to the chassis and mechanical equipment to support the turret and additional weight of operating equipment and ammunition.

Resource constraints placed on the military during the alien invasion limited mass production of modified, existing weapon systems. The "Badgers" were limited in number. Most were sent into combat zones in South Eastern US where they were desperately needed. It was not uncommon to see militia forces employing "Badger's". Militia used in recon, defense, and hit-and-run operations against alien forces.

Militia and military units would do infield modifications; adding additional armor or sandbags for additional protection in area where the fighting was most intense. It was welcome site to militia forces who were engaged in fighting in the occupied US southeast. The the heavier fire power could easily take out invader troops and potentially light vehicles.

Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles (1/18 Missile Artillery: MHRAV-R1, "Clearfield") 1 Apr 12
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
1/18 Missile Artillery: MHRAV-R1, "Clearfield"; WIP pics

The "Clearfield" was a merger of somewhat antiquated and high tech equipment. The Mobile Heavy Rocket Artillery Vehicle (MHRAV), was a truck mounted, dual medium range surface to surface missile system. It was part of a network of heavy and specialized artillery pieces. These vehicles were integrated with a command and control network. Could use real time data from UAV's and laser targeting by forward SOF's. Many cases the coordinates were manually input into the vehicles targeting computer.

The missiles were old but effective at delivering nuclear, conventional, and cluster explosives. Nuclear was a no go. But, the conventional warhead and cluster or frag explosives packed a powerful punch. It could clear a battlefield of enemy infantry or at least inflict a lot of damage and havoc for the enemy. The tonnage of explosive power would cause heavy damage to the surrounding area.

Unfortunately, the "Clearfield" saw limited action. Cons: The collateral damage and civilian death toll could be severe if hit populated areas. If a target was confirmed outside a major city then was a great tool beyond that was not a precision strike weapon. The range was limited to 150 miles. Easily brought down by enemy fire. Slow to reload.

When it was used, the pro's out weighed the cons. Enemy forces suffered casualties and significant damage to their equipment. It's fire power made it an unexpendable asset. The "Clearfieid" operate along the perimeter of the occupied zones. In Virginia, they served a more defensive role if the invaders advanced north.

It's offensive roles were more after targets of opportunity or where there was a significant presence of enemy activity outside populated cities.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:48:51 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I really like that Hummer. I could easily see our Armed Forces doing this mod full size themselves. Back on the front page. Love the descriptions and backstories too.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
That Hummer is really coming out great!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Oh my breath taking work! I love these vehicle mods with all the scratch built bits. I will be following your progress on these that is for sure!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks for the comments! Figured put little more work into the Badger. Here are some latest WIP pics. The 1/18 Clearfield is on side until this is complete. With positive reviews of the Rabid  Bear Mech, I've already started work on the follow up 'production' mech.

Added new parts and details to exterior. Few other things left to do and then paint/weather.

Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Looks awesome to me. This will be a good way to get our front page coverage started this morning.

I could so see this type of mobile platform in the military.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
WOW, lookin' amazing!!  :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
This looks awesome! I love your work man!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Been a couple months but will have some updates soon for several customs.
Chad