Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48939 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: C130IM's Vehicles (update pics 9 Jan 12)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
That vehicle is truly amazing. You're getting my customizing juices flowing.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles (update pics 9 Jan 12)
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:54 PM »
Thanks for the support everyone! I haven't been able to do much with Rabid Bear. Alot going on but today finally finished camouflaging the mech this evening. Have to finish detailing and weathering and it will be complete! Will have updated pics soon. Hopefully by this weekend.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles (update pics: 20 February 2012)
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments! This custom is taking a little longer than expected; a lot going on. At last the camo and decals are done! Still need to do weathering and damage and it'll be done!

Here are the updated pics of the mech:

Thanks for the support!!
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: C130IM's Vehicles (Pic Updates: 20 February 2012)
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
Look sir! Rebels--oh crap! Run! Run! Run! If I saw that coming down the battlefield I'd be fighting on the other side quick! One of the sickest vehicles I've ever seen! Nuff said!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
I don't think I have seen anything like this. I am speechless.

Needless to say this update is on the fp.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
Holy, that is amazing!!! :o :o

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »
Dang that's thing has got enough firepower to take down a orbiting Star Destroyer!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 04:36:59 AM »
What a brute! That thing is just a sight to behold.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:24 AM »
Good grief that thing is just amazing! Your paint work is awesome! This could be my favorite vehicle ever! Can't wait to see some weathering on her!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
Looks killer already!  Excellent, excellent work!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
1/18 BGISAM, "Rabid Bear" Mech. Finished!! Pics 15 Mar 12.
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »
One of few alien vehicles reverse engineered by military/civilian engineers working in joint military/militia SR&D facilities. Primary facilities were found outside occupied territory. However, due to dangers of transporting captured equipment, makeshift SR&D facilities were setup throughout the occupied southeastern US. US and other allied forces were hard pressed to duplicate mech and other alien technology.

"Rabid Bear" was part of an enemy scout unit. Militia forces ambushed and destroyed the mech outside Atlanta, GA. Militia took the main chasis (leg components) to mountain base camp. Although non-functional the legs were intact. Engineers integrated the damaged alien hardware with human technology and constructed the first bipedal vehicle. Material was gathered from military posts to construct the vehicle.

The human variant exploited the advantages of execeptional load bearing capababilites of the aliens bipedal design. Nicknamed "Rabid Bear", it was designated in new class of weapon systems: Bipedal Guard - Infantry Support and Assault Mecha (BGISAM).

"Rabid Bear" was heavily armed:

2x side mounted cannons with specially redesigned ammo that could penetrate armor or use fragmentation rounds for infantry support.

2x rear 40 round rocket artililery launchers. Combined, 2 launchers carried total of 80 preloaded rounds and 80 rounds in a cartridge below the launch tubes. The artillery was light but could inflict casualties on light armored/infantry units.

2x side mini-guns for anti-personnel defense

1x lower mounted, twin 30mm chain gun. It could easily take out personnel and light armored vehicles. It had become an effective offensive weapon.

"Rabid Bear" was used in limited offensive engagements. It served more of defensive and recon role for militia and military. Engineers were hard at work trying to mass produce the new bipedal weapon system. Faced major constraints; lack of resources, time, tooling, to mass produce them. Factories were in safe zones distant from the fighting.  The logistics of moving the BGISAM's into occupied territory was difficult.

Military and scientists were in rush to better understand the material used in the alien vehicles. Alien technology was taken out of the occupied territories to safe zones in Tennessee, Kentucky, or Virginia.

Comments, suggestions are appreciated.

Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, smoke effects and everything! This just looks amazing. I bet you will see some of that smoke on the front page soon.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks!! Very much appreciated as always! I am also building a bigger brother to the Rabid Bear mech. More advanced version :)! Squeezing it in with the other vehicle and figure customs.
Chad

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
I love it!  Where are those figures from?  I've been trying to find 1:18 scale military figures forever!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
OMG! This is just breath taking! My jaw hangeth open! Consider my mind blown!