Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144719 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2009, 10:03:22 AM »
lol you need your own webpage clint, with galleries....

He has one, check out the front page on the left hand side there is a customs category and it will take you to his custom's gallery. I want to do one for every one of you. I just need you to send me the pics in the right side.

www.imperialshipyards.net/Customs/index.html

www.imperialshipyards.net/Customs/customsclonehead.html

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »
or you could browse the clone wars homepage for the episode guides and pic galleries....:

the camo doesn't look too hard
the earphonies have a very irregular color pattern....
the flamethrower clones are intersting for sure.... must be an "all purpose" suit for all extreme temperatures....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
found some concept sketches that you guys might like as well..

some interesting shots...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
Nice pics, Spud! Thanks for finding those. i especially like the concept renderings and the way that they show the shoulder and helmet markings seperately. All three of these are doable with that flamethrower trooper being the most difficult. I still want to try to tackle a legacy version of one of these one day. Here is a shot of the snow ops deco on this same armor style that I had posted over in the reference pictures section.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #454 on: November 08, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »
I snapped a few more pics of these new clone wars clones.
These images are property of lucasfilm ltd.
First here are a couple of shots of that flight deck clone That Tamer had mentioned.
then, I have some more shots of the arf troopers

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #455 on: November 08, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
Here are some more arf shots including shots of waxer and boil and a closeup of what looks like a cartoon twielek graphic on the side of one of their visors

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #456 on: November 08, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »
another Waxer shot, a shot of an interesting hull deco on a gunship and a back shot of a tank gunner. Also, here is an interesting shot of some troops on the back of an atte
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 01:18:00 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #457 on: November 08, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »
And here are 4 shots of the earmuff clone

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
I havent gotten any more painting done on the two figs that I started but as I was carving on resin helmets for the last three days, I figured I might hollow out this spacetrooper's helmet. The plan is to render the hole big enough for this resin rex head to fit and then use a casted neck nub to mount it on a stock spacetrooper body. To hollow out this helmet, I am using an exacto knife and two small wood chisels. One has a curved head and the other has a flat scalloped blade. I don't quite have the head able to fit in the helmet yet but I'm getting close.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2009, 09:47:38 AM »
TY buddy. I figured that there was a reason why I took those and here it is. My plan is to take this clone wars LT Thire figure and paint him up to be the Camo Arf Boil that we seen in those shots, with a removable helmet, of course. Boil is the one with the twilek graphic on his helmet, right? I still need to cast up and hollow out an ARF helmet for him but I started off by giving him a thin coating of flat model master white over all of his armor for his base color of the camo to stick to and to help cover up his red markings so that they wouldn't show through. I then picked a polly s brown color that was close and mixed these three hues looking for something close to paint the body that base color and slapped em on the figures leg for a comparrison.  Looking at those concept sketches that Spud showed us, The darker hue might work as a base but comparing the screen shots to that color, it seems that the base color under the camo is a lighter version of that darkest color, perhaps a mix of that color and a light grey. The test swipes of color over and under the dark one are what I came up with for a base color with the top one being my favorite. That darker color in the middle can then be the second layer where the actual camo scheme comes into play.
I may need to take that base color even a shade lighter.

What do you guys think?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #460 on: November 17, 2009, 09:50:46 AM »
Also, I dove into the tedious camo scheme on that gunner figure again and got a bit further. I still need to touch up the newest parts of the camo but I did make some more progress on him.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
TY buddy. Here is that Thire figure almost entirely pianted the greyish brown color we had decided would be the base undercolor of that desert camo arf trooper. Now take a closer look. does it still seem too dark to anyone?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
I will go with that lighter grey, when I get around to it. Seems like I am trying to juggle about 23 different things that I have to get done today.

I had a chance to take some comparison pics showing the stock clone wars versions of the Clone Commander Fox and Couroscant Guard figures next to my custom Legacy versions.  I do thank Trevor for providing me with that cw Fox figure. Any more of those in your stores, Mate?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #463 on: November 25, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
Here are those pics I mentioned. I can take some more of him and his guards, as time allots.

This shot was taken prior to the modifications to the Guards belts.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:13:05 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #464 on: December 20, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
I know it's been a bit since I posted anything new but I actually did some painting on a figure today, believe it or not.
  These are wip pics of that pilot that I had started using the Evo Imperial tie Pilot Biggs as a base figure. My idea was to make it kind of a shadow pilot but make it exist in the timeline in-between the Clone Wars and the OT. I figure he would be a good pilot for my shadow imperial v-wing. Not being able to resist some kind of camo on this guy, I brushed some light brown marks on his recolored dark grey flight suit today. The effect is pretty suttle so I might accent the brown with either a light or dark color. I still haven't chosen a head for this guy but I didnt want to use the big-hair Biggs and I was going to steer away from a clone's head, this time. What do they call that set of straps that leads from the waist to encircle his lower legs? Anyway, I scrounged that from another figure and need to shorten those lower leg loops so they don't look so floppy. I will cast up an airbix for this guy and then steal some paraviper airhoses to attach to his removable helmet.