Author Topic: AT AT parts please!!  (Read 9332 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: AT AT parts please!!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
Here is a pic of the gun in that auction that I posted a link of in the Ebay thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:55:45 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2009, 07:17:23 PM »
John, I have a Hobby Lobby coupon. You wanting resin, this week?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 07:50:46 PM »
Looking for Tamer's big ATAT article, I came accrossed these pics of the death Star turbo laser and chair mount custom painted and modified by inactive member of Galactichunter.com, tie-pilot23. I thought they looked pretty cool and wanted to show them here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2009, 09:47:19 AM »
Oh that is just too sweet. Think you can pull something off like that Clint? Now, that was a stupid question wasn't it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »
Oh that is just too sweet. Think you can pull something off like that Clint? Now, that was a stupid question wasn't it!
LOL    Uhhhhh...........Yeah, this is sort of what I could envision our ATAT rear mounted gun turning out like, paint wise.
  he did do a good job on this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »
LOL    Uhhhhh...........Yeah, this is sort of what I could envision our ATAT rear mounted gun turning out like, paint wise.
  he did do a good job on this.

I think it looks awesome and can only imagine what you could create. I am starting to get excited Clint, but I am trying to contain myself.  I probably won't get that excited until I start cutting into that walker's hull.
  It would be kind of like watching surgery on a loved one, eh Tamer?
Yep, I'll need to do some cutting, fitting, visualization, and troubleshooting to see how everything will work, then I will get excited.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:16:42 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
Hey parts casting guys I need an opinion on how to replace the opening cockpit canopy on a vintage at-at I just bought on ebay. It is missing most of the front items and I can find the guns and the bulb cover easily enough, but I do not see any cockpit canopies on the bay right now. What are the chances of casting a part that is this big? Unrealistic? Or would I be better off trying to buy a trashed walker just for the canopy?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 02:57:39 PM »
There you go with those huge cast part requests, buddy. If I had a canopy to make a mold or molds of, I would cut the sides off, and make 3 molds of it, to be assembled later. Material wise, it couldnt be done for less than $30 and I'm sure that you could find a canopy loose on ebay for less than that.
  I can't even remember what this part is shaped like, it's been so long since I've had one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
I was afraid it would be difficult and then cost that much in material. I will have to see if I can find one on the bay and pounce on it when I do. If you guys see one I would appreciate an assist. I could paypal immediately.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »
Segnett and I just picked up kind of a junker on EBay, bones seem to be pretty intact, but it is missing its cockpit cover, the chin guns, and possibly more, but still, it'll be a place holder til he can get his kid a complete one, :)

its the vintage one to boot!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »
I got my last one of the bay for ten bucks if you can believe it and then had to piece it together. It took me awhile, but it is in good shape now.